Thread: Dancer ideas

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Dancer ideas

Rather than posting my many ideas in separate threads or as responses to other ideas everywhere, I'm putting most of them here. Most of these have been submitted through the older Service and Support "Suggestions and Feedback" form on the website long ago, but they can be discussed here.

~*~

Job Trait: Graceful Movement
    Level 45
    Evading an attack grants TP as if having been hit.
    (yes, this might be overkill now, but I suggested this before they introduced Tactical Parry... I still think this fits Dancer better)

---

Job Trait: Limber
    Level 15 (intentionally usable as part of the subjob from early on)
    When under 50 TP, this trait would grant a limited Regain effect, similar to the latent MP refresh granted by the Gaudy Harness.

This would not let Dancers stand in the backlines as effective healers, but it would give them TP to use at the start of fights after entering new zones. If they're having a hard time hitting monsters, it would give them TP for Steps to build Finishing Moves to use Reverse Flourish, and potentially continue to be useful.

As a subjob trait for other jobs, 50tp will never be enough to use weaponskills after just waiting around. Only Samurai, using Meditate (who could do this without /dnc anyway) would be able to do that.

Yes, we do get "No Foot Rise" plus Reverse Flourish, but NFR is a merited ability at level 75... this is for use while leveling up and other utilitarian purposes as listed above.

---

Jig: Playful Jig
    Reduces enmity on the Dancer.
    * Reduces enmity gained by all Dancer actions.
    * Increases the rate that enmity decreases over time.
    * May grant the same "Pax" effect given by an item during besieged and salvage.

---

Job Ability: Conga
    Level 50
    Duration: Until the next jig is used, or 1 minute.
    Recast: Short enough to be used with all jigs, please.
    Form a conga line with your party! Grant the effect of the next Jig to the entire party.

---

Job Ability: Center Stage
    Duration: Until a waltz is used, up to 1 minute
    Recast: 3min
    Change the next Waltz used from single target to Area of Effect.
    * Costs all TP, and at least twice the amount needed for the single-target waltz used.

---

The next two abilities are unable to be used at the same time as Saber or Fan dance.
    (I'd suggest either the adjustment of all "Stances" such as these: making them non-dispellable... or lowered recast timers for these abilities, including Saber and Fan dance. If we are assuming these become non-dispellable effects, the Recast of 5min is fine.)

Job Ability:Formal Dance
    Level 50
    Recast: 5min
    Duration: 5min
    Focusing on the timed steps in the formal dances of the ballroom, a dancer is able to bring out their full potential, even on the battlefield.
    * Separates Waltz recast timers.
    * Reduces Waltz TP Cost by 10; CWIII: normal cost 50%, new cost 40%
    * Steps will not wear off as quickly, allowing more time between "re-applications."
    * Sambas last longer.
    * Each Waltz generates more-than-normal enmity.
    * Unable to use weaponskills.

---

Job Ability: Wiznaibus/Mincing Minuet (name taken from FFTactics)
    Level 50
    Recast: 5min
    Duration: 5min
    Mastering dancing with knives, every action taken by the Dancer is accompanied by a subtle attack.
    * All Steps and Flourishes that hit the target cause an extra attack.
    * Steps and Flourishes are more accurate and effective.
    * Steps always grant 2 finishing moves, even when the effect is at level 5.
    * Increases waltz recast timers.

---

You knew this one was coming:

Flourish: Dazzling Flourish
    Level 35
    Recast: 20 sec Cost: 1 Finishing Move (minimum)
    Dispels one beneficial status on the enemy for each finishing move.
    * Can dispel multiple statuses at the cost of 1 finishing move each.

---

Flourish: Unleashed Flourish
    Level 80
    Recast: 30sec Cost: 2 Finishing Moves
    Readies target for an advanced skillchain. Requires at least 2 finishing moves.
    * Acts like Wild Flourish, but allows level 3 Light and Dark skillchains.
    * Possibly add a job trait instead (Chainbound Anchor), that upgrades the skillchains made by Wild Flourish.

---

99 Merit: Breakdancing
    This causes Drain Sambas and Aspir Sambas to inflict the drained amounts as damage to the target. Adds slow to the enemy inflicted with Haste samba.

---

General idea: Let pets benefit from Sambas.

Many of my other ideas were implemented under different names, with slightly different effects, so I won't re-post them all in detail here, but I'll list some
    Flamenco stomp: damage with finishing moves - Climactic/Striking Flourish
    ChaCha: Inflict level 5 step in one move - Presto (close enough)
    Critical Samba: Raise crit rate of those hitting target - Feather step (close enough)
    Step Mastery: Always gain an extra finishing move on steps - Was put on Mythic weapon
    (4)

Player
    I liked Dazzling and Unleashed flourishes dazzling is great for dispel i never thought of removing more than 1 buff and taking finishing moves to do it, very nice and unleashed flourish i think it would help DNC to access higher skill chains but that may over power them slightly still liked it though. 1st vote goes to SE jumping on that Dazzling flourish though.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Violent Step: Lowers enemy's attack and grants a finishing move.
    Attack down {Yes, Please.} ;P

Astral Samba: Grants each landing blow magic properties. (Kind of like the MNK ability)
    (1)
    Last edited by Miera; 03-16-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Yokuhime
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Why a reduce enmity job ability? Dnc is a tank job!

But many of your ideas are very good. ^.^y
    (0)

[DNC99] [WAR99] [SMN99] [DRG99] [COR99] [PLD99]
    [Sandoria: Rank10] [Windurst: Rank10]

Character
    Savannahlynn
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm in love with the idea of a dispel flourish and/or an AoE erase waltz...

And I wouldn't mind having the waltz's separated by even and odds so we don't have to be completely stuck when needing to cure bomb, especially when we have all that tp sitting there. (i know that was mentioned in a previous thread somewhere)
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
    Why a reduce enmity job ability? Dnc is a tank job!
    Consider: Conga + Playful Jig + cancel playful jig on self.
    (2)

Character
    Yokuhime
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    Consider: Conga + Playful Jig + cancel playful jig on self.
    ic
    Thats great
    (0)

[DNC99] [WAR99] [SMN99] [DRG99] [COR99] [PLD99]
    [Sandoria: Rank10] [Windurst: Rank10]

I like all your ideas AyinDygra :] they're really creative and sound fun, Unleashed Flourish makes soloing darkness on dnc more convenient since it takes 100% tp, reverse flourish, then the rest of the tp you just got to solo it
    Personally what I'd love to see too is some sort of Tp drain samba of the sort and something to put 2 sambas up at once :P one effect for each hand
    (0)

Great ideas! Perhaps maybe when the ball room buff is up the dnc could be able to use certain flourishes on other party members-- IE "hey guys, I can't use my weapon skill but I know the drk needs help with dd so here's a building flourish on the house! /ja "Building Flourish" JohnnyDarkKnight. Maybe not haha, but I still like the ideas.
    (0)

10. 03-30-2011 07:38 PM

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    One thing I absolutely love about the Dancer community is there is always a sense of fun and originality that goes perfectly with the nature of the job. I agree that Dazzling flourish would be awesome - it would be able to work on the system we have in place while being powerful enough to give dancer some clout in bigger fights. Conga line sounds so awesome too haha.

I have some ideas that aren't new abilities but might be worth looking into.

1) Steps scale with level: The potency of steps increases every 30 levels or so. Some people have complained on other forums that steps take a lot of effort to maintain while other jobs have abilities or spells that have a similar potency for 1 move. Therefore, how about buffing the potency of steps so that getting and keeping a daze effect at level 5 is worth all the effort. You can't get the same enfeebling accuracy/potency from subbing redmage or bard as apposed to max level, so why should dancer be any different?

2)Increasing the Finishing Move Limit - Our FM counter has a max of 5 and because of that it causes some problems with our Flourishes. For the most part, people tend to prefer to keep their finishing moves for reverse flourish for a self skillchain. Since you want all 5 (or perhaps 4 with the Charis Bangles +2's TP modifier) it makes it hard and a lot of times, unreasonable to expect players to choose to use Climactic Flourish or any future "effect is made grater the more FM's consumed" Flourishes - would increasing the limit past 5 to maybe 15-20, making those abilities cap out at 5 work? Or would there be a problem with how fast you can accrue steps vs how fast you can use reverse flourish, thus making more than 5 do nothing? Perhaps also lower the timer of our Flourish 3's - its hard to make good use of these abilities since they have such a long timer...

3) Sambas: Great abilities but they sort of lose their ooph a bit at the higher levels, and for the most part, haste samba is more of a priority. What do you guys think about sambas? Would you like to see exsisting sambas buffed? Maybe have the ability to have 2 sambas up at once? Or all new sambas with new effects (perhaps a flat TP gained per-hit buffing samba?).

I really like this job and I hope we give SE some ideas for how to make this great job even more fun!
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast