Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dancer ideas

Disco: Jig

Increase movement speed 25% last for 5 min

/lv 30

if get aggro lose 50% damage from the mob,
    (0)

Ability were like in the cut scene we can use throwing daggers ,

So make it so we can use range throwing weapon with ammo slots used at same time.

also allow us if we do throw a weapon are sambas hook to the mob,

yea throwing sucks , but half time in abyssea are damage so weak we barely get a chance to hit a mob anyway if in a alliance and at time some partys.
    (1)

The only real adjustment I see dancer needing is raise the cap on finishing moves but keep the maximum consumed by any flourish at 5. I hate having just used all 5 moves with a reverse flourish into a Waltz 5 (to keep me alive) only to be confronted in 2 seconds by an ability I'd love to use Violent Flourish on if I still had any finishing moves!
    (1)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    god pls not, this job has way to much power imo anyway
    (0)

Eh, just to comment on a few ideas:

Flourish: Unleashed Flourish
    Level 80
    Recast: 30sec Cost: 2 Finishing Moves
    Readies target for an advanced skillchain. Requires at least 2 finishing moves.
    * Acts like Wild Flourish, but allows level 3 Light and Dark skillchains.
    * Possibly add a job trait instead (Chainbound Anchor), that upgrades the skillchains made by Wild Flourish.
    Redundant. Any Good DNC should already be able to self skillchain Darkness, simply with Evisceration <> Pyrric Kleos. All you need is maxed out reverse flourish, to make it possible. AFv3 +1 hands, let alone +2 hands, which further enhance reverse flourish, makes it even more possible.

On top of that, DNC/SAM, thanks to Sekkanoki can do double skillchain: Shark Bite to Pyrric Kleos (which does Distortion), then Evisceration, which does Darkness.

Job Trait: Graceful Movement
    Level 45
    Evading an attack grants TP as if having been hit.
    (yes, this might be overkill now, but I suggested this before they introduced Tactical Parry... I still think this fits Dancer better)
    This would make DNC incredibly overpowered, when it comes to TP gain. DNC have a pretty high evasion rate, and stack evasion you're almost as untouchable as THF and NIN. The TP gain from this alone would be crazy.

Limber: No, I don't think so. While No foot rise is a merit ability, merits are incredibly easy to come by now, since just about everyone have abyssea anyway. That said, Limber is a fairly unnecessary ability. Also, it would make DD jobs a little more overpowered. Yes, they won't be able to WS, but bare in mind they will still get TP even faster, just by subbing /DNC.

Conga: I personally like this one. SCH is already capable of AoE sneak and invis, Cor and Bard is capable of AoE movement speed. (Marzurka and bolter respectively)

Job Ability: Center Stage
    Duration: Until a waltz is used, up to 1 minute
    Recast: 3min
    Change the next Waltz used from single target to Area of Effect.
    * Costs all TP, and at least twice the amount needed for the single-target waltz used.
    Want. Only so I can AoE Healing Waltz. Divine Waltz II is a decent enough AoE curing waltz ability. So, that said, instead of Center Stage, I'd rather have Healing Waltz II to be AoE healing Waltz.

Formal Dance is a pretty interesting idea, I'll have, with a pretty big sacrifice (Not being able to use weapon skill). This mode would make Dancer a more so 'true' support DD job, and less as a tank and melee itself. I

Mincing Minuet, I'm unsure of. I just don't see it as USEFUL to sacrifice Samba and Fan Dance with. Sure, steps do miss every now and then. Flourish seem to rarely miss (Especially violent flourish). The 'Steps always at 2' kind of make this redundant, even with one debuff at level 5, it wears out fast enough while focusing on other steps. I just don't see this useful at all.

Flourish: Dazzling Flourish
    Level 35
    Recast: 20 sec Cost: 1 Finishing Move (minimum)
    Dispels one beneficial status on the enemy for each finishing move.
    * Can dispel multiple statuses at the cost of 1 finishing move each.
    I am a HUGE supporter of this. We NEED this. I can't tell you how many times I wish we have this whenever I fight a mob that have Ice spikes or shock spikes >.<.

99 Merit: Breakdancing
    This causes Drain Sambas and Aspir Sambas to inflict the drained amounts as damage to the target. Adds slow to the enemy inflicted with Haste samba.
    This alone makes Drain Samba way overpowered. It effectively gives DNC DRK's blood weapon ability, not to mention how fast DNC can attack and of course the Occasionally Attack 4 times weapons would make DNC near invincible, though I like the slow inflicted from Haste Samba.
    (1)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Job Trait: Prodigy
    Increases the window length one can close a skillchain in.

Level 25: +1 second

Level 50: +2 seconds

Level 75: +3 Seconds

Level 99: +4 seconds

This goes for all weaponskills opened by dancer and wild flourish, and all skillchains about to be closed by dancer, thus.

A level 99 dancer has about 8-9 seconds to close skillchains instead of 4-5. Whenever they perform a weaponskill other members of the party have 8-9 seconds to close it as well.

Flourishes IV -> Finale

Consumes x Flourishes. Performs an multihit (equal to finishes consumed) attack that deals critical damage to your opponent while severely wounding them.

The attack acts like a weaponskill without SC properties. For each hit performed a potent enfeeblement is placed on the opponent.

Hit one: -10% eva
    Hit two: -10% def
    Hit three: -10% meva
    Hit four: -10% crit evasion
    Hit five: Very very potent terror/stun effect, maybe 5-10 seconds? Optionally maybe amnesia/silence?

Haste Samba II: 10% haste, +1% for each haste samba merit. Level 99? Please oh please make us on par with the mages.

As for the possibility of level 99 merits or whatever you guys are up to.

Infernal Samba: Consumes life in order to increase the potency of your attacks (Each attack does +10% dmg but also consumes that much of your life) +1% for each merit

Encore: Your next Weaponskill will only consume 50 TP but also take a dramatic loss of power.
    (the weaponskill loses all fTP and stat mods, this would be used in order to help open skillchains with ease)
    Recast: 5 Min, merits: -30 seconds each

Also a - Waltz Recast merit would be oh so glorious, maybe -2 seconds per, but waltzes cap out at -80% recast time.

Finishes: Increases finish cap by 1 per.
    (0)

Dear se. Make Sambas Aura effects.
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Job Trait: Prodigy
    Increases the window length one can close a skillchain in.
    {snip}
    A level 99 dancer has about 8-9 seconds to close skillchains instead of 4-5. Whenever they perform a weaponskill other members of the party have 8-9 seconds to close it as well.
    This would drive my BLU bonkers. Also, why?

Flourishes IV -> Finale
    Cool idea

Infernal Samba: Consumes life in order to increase the potency of your attacks (Each attack does +10% dmg but also consumes that much of your life) +1% for each merit
    so...Souleater?

Encore: Your next Weaponskill will only consume 50 TP but also take a dramatic loss of power.
    (the weaponskill loses all fTP and stat mods, this would be used in order to help open skillchains with ease)
    Recast: 5 Min, merits: -30 seconds each
    Or they could give us Wild Flourish II, letting it open tier III chains. Simpler mechanic.

Also a - Waltz Recast merit would be oh so glorious, maybe -2 seconds per, but waltzes cap out at -80% recast time.

Finishes: Increases finish cap by 1 per.
    yes and yes. Though I'd put a floor on waltz recast or make it a percentage rather than a flat rate.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    This would drive my BLU bonkers. Also, why?
    A longer SC window would allow us to fit more shenanigans in between our WSes in order to really get some epic numbers on our closing WSes, for example, we could go from simply:

Evisceration -> Reverse Flourish -> Dancing edge/Pyrrhic Kleos -> Distortion

And instead do

Presto -> WS1 -> Build Flourish -> Climactic Flourish/Striking Flourish -> No Foot Rise -> Step+1(presto) -> Reverse Flourish -> Closing WS

This would be possible with such an effect, alternatively it could be a chain affinity style JA with a several minute recast

"Your next weaponskill will make your opponent highly vulnerable to Skillchains"

The weaponskill opens up a 1 minute long skillchain window, instead of 3 seconds. The window would be so long you could close it with a follow up ws through normal generic TPing while solo.

So whats the difference between this and wild flourish II? Wild flourish only counts as a chain 1 Skillchain, however using this ability not only does it open up tonnes of possibilities for epic combos, but the closing skillchain has the 15% damage mod for being a chain2 Skillchain!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasandaro View Post
    yes and yes. Though I'd put a floor on waltz recast or make it a percentage rather than a flat rate.
    I think we do have a recast floor already, and Trance maxes it out, not sure if thats as low as waltzes are allowed to go

Another possibility I thought of is a powerful job trait dancer could obtain at 99

Dervish: Your prowess in combat has augmented your abilities with Skillchains

Effect: All skillchain properties of your weaponskills have upgraded by 1 tier, so:

Liquifaction/Transfixion -> Fusion
    Detonation/Impaction -> Fragmentation
    Compression/Scission -> Gravitation
    Induration/Reverbation -> Distortion

Fusion/Fragmentation -> Light
    Gravitation/Distortion -> Darkness

Finally, a new set of skillchain combos are added to dancer, allowing them a wider variety of closing combos.

Light -> Fusion/Fragmentation = Light
    Darkness -> Gravitation/Distortion = Darkness

Essentially allowing you to infinitely combo darkness skillchains over and over provided enough tp (very very hard to do but it IS possible to pull off an infinite WS combo in abyssea provided a really high TP gain rate from combat through STP/Haste/Dual wield, meditate, regain atmas, and a Monarch's Drink active. I managed to chain together an entire evi-DE-evi skillchain without using reverse flourish)

But other than that this would basically open up a tonne more WS combos, for example you could do Climactic flourish -> NFR -> presto+step -> Sekka -> evisceration -> evisceration -> reverse flourish -> evisceration for 3 wses 2 darkness SCs, all proccing on Climactic flourish for sick damage.
    (0)

Player
    if i recall right, Climactic doesn't stack on WS's does it?
    (0)
    DNC99 ~ BST99 ~ NIN99 ~ SCH99 ~ BLM98 ~ BLU96 ~ SMN91 ~ RDM90
    FFXI Player (most of the time) since March 2006 [Fairy -> Sylph Server]
    Completed All Main Storyline Scenarios ~ Leathercraft 100+5 Main/Cooking 101+2 Mule

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast