Thread: Reward

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I think you missed my point that I don't WANT to carry a steamer trunk full of gear around. I like a nice, utilitarian set of gear I can just go to town in and save my inventory slots for drops (a good beast is a farming machine while soloing).
    Quite the contrary, i understand exactly what is going on. Your unwillingness to swap gear (and probably to get said gear in the first place) is creating a perceived issue with the AF3 not having many stats that suit your play style. That's fine, each to their own.

I'm just telling you that there are good reasons SE didn't include the stats you would have liked on the AF3. Whether you want to take that on board or not isn't really my problem. They do design gear with swapping it in and out in mind. If you don't want to play the game the way SE designed, and take full advantage of the variety of items available, then of course gear isn't going to meet your expectations. Nothing will ever be good enough if you want to, basically, full time gear.

P.S. Use your Mog Sack/Satchel for drops.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    There is a list on wikki that shows a table with gear you can swap in for reward with charisma and a chart
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Reward
    I personaly think what they have is fine maybe a little more could be added post 90 if any. Other than that a -pdt pet item (like -pdt axe's) or rewards from MKD head piece or what not also are nice. The flexibility of swaping gear for this specfic event is more usefull to me than wearing it full time. In accordance In regards to a emperian wpn. I say leave it how it is. If I wanted to do damage I would swap in a hard hitting wpn to fight. Want my pet to live ... swap in some -pdt stuff... want to heal it swap in some reward + and chr stuff. Its realy how much involved you want to get into the job and get various gear and stuff for it which makes this game dynamics truely amazing.
    For my ideas of making reward better I would like to see them being able to stack to 99 instead of 12
    Or agment other food that has the same effects that like a atma would in abby like a actual pet food you would have to use once per 30 mins or so to increase a pets stats same way food would effect would us the actual player (not pets) but not be effective in the actualy reward system. If this would be made though. I forsee changing reward to Pet healing command with items useable like eta etc. With rewards being diffrent foods you could use to increase its specific bonus ... exaple pets attack str etc.
    (0)

Player
    Seriously, with just the Ferine +1 set and one macro swap for reward, you could have a nicely geared BST. Not the best, but a far cry from the useless full timing AF. ; ; seriously seeing that makes me want to face stab them.. I plan on dumping most gear for my jobs once I get the +1 sets, not because it's the best gear, but because I play 12 different jobs depending on what I'm asked to come on ><. I needs the space.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Seriously, with just the Ferine +1 set and one macro swap for reward, you could have a nicely geared BST. Not the best, but a far cry from the useless full timing AF. ; ; seriously seeing that makes me want to face stab them.. I plan on dumping most gear for my jobs once I get the +1 sets, not because it's the best gear, but because I play 12 different jobs depending on what I'm asked to come on ><. I needs the space.
    Its not a good idea to level so many jobs that you're forced to mediocrity because you can't properly gear each one! You should retire some of the ones you don't play a lot! It'll clear your inventory! Maybe keep some of the better jobs and ask yer lazy friends to level more jobs so they can fill the niches instead of just you :P! Thats just my opinion though :3 Do as you wish

Also I bet you're looking forward to being able to Dbox R/EX gear in the near future, Will clear up inventory spaces XD, Even I'm looking forward to being able to Dbox all my PLD gear i don't want to toss.

Also, As far as reward goes... I like it how it is, 2k+HP cures is a good strong ability, and being able to do it once every minute (with proper gear/merits) is a great bonus.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its not a good idea to level so many jobs that you're forced to mediocrity because you can't properly gear each one! You should retire some of the ones you don't play a lot! It'll clear your inventory! Maybe keep some of the better jobs and ask yer lazy friends to level more jobs so they can fill the niches instead of just you :P! Thats just my opinion though :3 Do as you wish

Also I bet you're looking forward to being able to Dbox R/EX gear in the near future, Will clear up inventory spaces XD, Even I'm looking forward to being able to Dbox all my PLD gear i don't want to toss.

Also, As far as reward goes... I like it how it is, 2k+HP cures is a good strong ability, and being able to do it once every minute (with proper gear/merits) is a great bonus.
    I'm not looking to master every job, I do like to play around with them all from time to time though. Except BRD and WHM. Those I'm just as happy to never touch again. <_<
    (0)

Player
    About the only thing I'd like for reward is maybe a NPC that sells the Apkullo or w/e eggs for like 1k each, expensive but it'd still bring the price down on Eta, and make it quite a bit faster to make.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    P.S. Use your Mog Sack/Satchel for drops.
    Can't, between aby pops, consumables, ninja tools, X-bow ammo, R/EX stuff i will need as I level other jobs, my gear sets for my beast, bard, thief, dancer, and pup I am currently leveling as well as crests and the like I only have about 8 slots open out of the 400 I have not in my pack, and my other 15 mules are similarly filled, too.

and no, I'm not being the least bit sarcastic, I am that full.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Can't, between aby pops, consumables, ninja tools, X-bow ammo, R/EX stuff i will need as I level other jobs, my gear sets for my beast, bard, thief, dancer, and pup I am currently leveling as well as crests and the like I only have about 8 slots open out of the 400 I have not in my pack, and my other 15 mules are similarly filled, too.

and no, I'm not being the least bit sarcastic, I am that full.
    I understand your concerns of space and what no but I belive this is a thread based on bst reward effects and emperian debates sorta. I can for see you concerns of space issues (i myself have these also which i am hoping i can mail off exclusive stuff to help this with what they discussed before) But I think this issue specificaly isnt about space. I myself struggle with this also haveing 19 90's and a 74 sch.
    That said. even with space issues I can still manage to get my core effects out of what I wanted via swaps because i retired other jobs I dont use at a given time.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3