Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Job you participated with
    WHM99/SCH49

Thoughts on content

-System:
      The way the game deals with entry is very refreshing, feels more organized this way. Also the lobby is a great way to sort out any remaining loot.

-Battle:
    The fight itself is challenging in a good way and temporary items are distributed in a way that is not overpowered. There is an issue though when the group wipes. The monsters wander in a way where it's very difficult to recover since everyone is always at risk of aggro.

Other feedback and opinions

I thought this event was extremely fun, it's great that the reps were able to show off the new events while keeping it very casual. Everyone had a great time too and we all got to see first hand how this event will play out in a real setting.
    (0)

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Round 2

(Brd/Rdm 99)

Thoughts on content

-System:
      The preparation outside of legion followed by the "lobby" prep zone inside seems a bit redundant. Buffs can't be issued outside and carried inside? Our party set up was split into 3 alliances and the initial plan to split 2 alliances into 3 while in the lobby. For such strategies issuing a page to multiple alliance leaders could help avoid confusion especially if certain individuals disconnect prior to entering.

-Battle: While our strategy was much improved the second round, I can't see much more damage being dealt in a time span of 30 minutes. Recovery and rebuffs for persons who die at any point during the first or second waves is a considerable expense for other mages who at the same time are supporting the remaining persons battling the still standing foes. I noticed a small amount of downtime in between the first and second wave, but the enhanced difficulty of the second wave (with 10 minutes remaining) didn't allow for much of an opinion! XD

(0)
    Woodworking - 100 + Other stuff
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

Character
    Draugo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Round 1 (NIN/WAR 99) Round 2 (NIN/DNClol)

Thoughts on content:

The DKP system on drops which is what will inevitably take place is kind of a bummer. It would be nice to use credits towards all drops. While the chance to not have to spend credits through random additional loot pool drops is great, having the "Dropped" rewards, different than the "Bought" rewards limits player's accessibility towards working on accomplishing that goal. The real satisfaction of walking away from an event knowing you gained at least a small portion of some goal is a very welcoming environment for players to thrive and enjoy their various events, even if they need to do a repetition of content. Individual growth potential through all events is a plus in my book.

The Wyrm, Behemoth, and Turtle room was sort of a bland environment to have such an epic battle in. I really liked that VwNMs were scattered around the globe in different zones and surroundings. Maybe the terrain is designed to create some form of strategic advantage for friend or foe alike, I do not know. It would be nice to see some scenery and maybe a little bit more lore to why there is a 5th book floating around out there. Did Hogwarts' library unionize and rehire with SE? I am cool with that.

-System:

I do agree that 30 minutes pushes it to become a straight zergfest. I do not mind such fests because they are very fun. It could become very formulaic over time and limit job selection down to the "ideal" configuration. I do not mind temp items. An endless supply of them does tend to be broken, maybe limit the frequency of the bonus monster but also give the same temp to everyone in the room rather than the sole person. A time extension or a little bit of a reduction in the hit points would make it a bit easier to clear I imagine, but we do not want to make it boring and super easy. I didn't recall how often we can enter, twice an earth day I think would be good, do not have to spend all day in there, but you can also at least re-roll after your first attempt. Even if you wipe your first one, the mistakes are fresh in your mind and you get another crack at it with the same group.

-Battle:

This was a hoot! Very very fun. I was glad that I saw my ninja actually be able to build TP at a reasonable rate, they were very evasive and blindga, paralyzega, etc... made it very fun to get some hits landed. Rapid de-buffs made it difficult to keep re-raise (and shadows) up. Anyone nearby can get all of their buffs taken away, which is rough for recoveries. I think RR shouldn't be dispel-able. Food gone? That's fine, I can eat tacos instead of salad, or sushi and buns, rather than pizza and curry. Also some sort of safe zone is something I agree with.

Other feedback and opinions:

Was great to play with you guys, I hope I didn't do too badly. The concept of taking players onto the test server for a testing event is very fun! Wish you guys had a cyber cafe lol.
    (0)

Reraise is not dispellable
    (2)

Character
    Draugo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mine was... maybe I am crazy.
    (0)

Character
    Maledict
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Job:

RDM99/BLM49

Area:

Hall of Skies

System:

Seems like Einherjar crossed with The Swarm. Not much more to be said, there: the concept is pretty sound.

The reward system isn't final, so I can't really comment on that--but the fact that you earn about 20 Legion Points a kill and the items offered are 1000 points each worried me a little...

The Auspicious Entities seem to have limited gains since only one temporary item is yielded from a kill--and it goes to the person who deals the killshot. Given that this is supposed to be an 18 to 36-person event, any temp item of the caliber I'd seen (short of a Primeval Brew, anyway) won't have much of an effect on the fight. I'd suggest either to increase the frequency of the Entities, or--in the case of non-AOE, non-Primeval Brew/Fanatic's Drink/Fool's Drink-caliber items--have the temp item drop to the entire party whose member dealt the killshot.

Battle:

The same problems are evident with high-HP targets here as with early-revision Einherjar. Dealing enough damage, I suspect, is going to be incredibly problematic for anyone looking to clear both waves plus the boss within the time limit. I ballpark that HP for the first couple of waves of NMs need to be lowered by at least one-third for an average (non-"uber") group of 36 players to be able to stand a chance at clearing a hall in time. (I personally don't care if the devs have to raise NM attack power or enfeebling potency or resistance to do it--strategy should go before mindless attacking in this case.)

Other:

I'm a bit disappointed that the actual map hadn't been changed from the original "The Last Stand" area. It still looks like Horutoto Ruins--or Mordion Gaol, even (heck, the exit lobby even looks like a Mordion Gaol cell). I would've hoped that the devs were at least looking to reskin it, but with their limited resources I suppose it was too much to hope for. It's only a small thing, though.

Good run! It was an awesome event, let's do more like this at some point!
    (0)
    Last edited by Maledict; 02-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (posted in wrong thread before)

Job you participated on
    SMN99/WHM49

Battle:

The difficulty bar honestly feels set very high. Not impossible, but our testing has shown you need to be VERY organized to make this happen. I have a feeling only a limited selection of jobs are going to be percieved as valuable.

Once we really hunkered down and hammered out a strategy, things went fairly well but we were still unable to fully overcome the challenge. at least clearing the first wave seems to be the only thing required for progression.

System:

It would be nice if we could create multiple legion pages in order to allow unique group configurations to be formed more easily. For the test event, after a horrible faliure the first run, we decided to split up into three groups of 12 to take each of the three monsters separately and at the same time (this proved to be a decent strategy, though not perfect). It was rather difficult to set this up, because we had to plan it out beforehand, form two alliances, then reconfigure into the 3-alliance group setup we wanted after entering the lobby area. It would have been better if we were able to configure our parties the way we wanted before entering. The good news is this strategy enabled us to successfully clear the first wave, albeit not with enough time left to have a chance at killing anything more.

Other stuff:

I don't like the look of this place visually. We go to the "hall of skies," we expect the arena to have a theme that matches the description. Instead, we get an area that looks like GM Prison. I also somewhat expected unique music, though I suppose that the current audio/visual experience may not be complete.

Finally: In an event with a strict time limit, the second wave of monsters takes a fairly significant time to appear. The wait time should be reduced or eliminated, as players should know going into this that when the first wave is defeated, new monsters will spawn- they can move the group to an appropriate location before finishing the last monster.

I'm a little worried by the way Rukirii was eyeing me during the event...
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Round 1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Main job/support job/level)
    WAR/SAM

Thoughts on content

-System:
    • A safe area is needed for re-raise purposes.
    • The range of certain AoE attacks can be considered excessive given the small size of the arena.
    • While there is a 18 person option the current difficulty doesn't seem to make this option possible to complete - 7 NMs in 30 minutes seems impossible.

-Battle:
    • I was pleasantly surprised to be hitting for decent damage as WAR even though I didn't have an Empyrean/Relic/Mythic weapon.
    • The AoE attacks make me question going to this event as a melee job.

Round 2
    (Main job/support job/level)
    SMN/WHM

Thoughts on content

-System:
    See above.  

-Battle:
    SMN magic damage felt a bit limited in the fight due to the tight timeframe. I found it hard to go over 1K damage regardless of what mob I fought or what avatar I used. I suspect SMN would be quite powerful in large numbers but I do not want Legion to become Walk of Echos.

• The names of the arenas do not match the actual zone. Hall of Skies should not be a dank, dark prison
    • The reps did a great job of contributing, keeping things casual and of course, representing SE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zubis; 02-12-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Character
    Draugo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Someone pay me money to test this game!

My resume is in your inbox, eating your bits.

I posted a break down on FFXIAH.com also in-case anyone cares.
    (0)

PLD99/WAR49

Thoughts on content

-System:
      Once the alliance wipes, there seems to be almost no way to recover. This is mainly due to the fact that there is no safe location to rest after being defeated, and if a single alliance member aggros a mob, the entire alliance is tagged with enmity as well.

30 minutes did not seem like an adequate amount of time to complete an entire Legion battle. The enemies have the HP, Defense, and Attack power of an HNM, so it took my group 20 minutes to take out the first wave of the 3 HNM, which left only 10 minutes for the second wave of the next 3 enemies plus the boss for the third wave.

The amount of drops and Legion Points awarded per HNM defeat seems a bit low in its current state. However, we were unable to defeat the second and third waves in the allotted time, so we weren't able to verify the drop/point quantity for those waves of HNM.

-Battle:
      The battles were an exciting change of place, but the AoE damage may need to be lowered. Similar with the issue in Voidwatch, only the tanks are able to get close to the HNM without being KOed by a single AoE effect.

Some Legion battles had enemies with capabilities to charm or cause instant death to players within an AoE radius seemed a bit overpowered. Because there are three HNM battles going on at once, it is difficult to hold or manage the other HNMs other than the one your group is focusing on, so once another group is hit by AoE charm or death, it can become quite chaotic.

The constant AoE dispel from the Adamantoise-type mobs seemed to be a little redundant. At the very least, food should not be removed from the Tortoise Song ability.

The map/battle area could use a unique appearance other than looking like just another section of the Horutoto Ruins.

The community reps did a great job organizing this Legion testing event. I look forward to future events as well!
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast