Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Feedback from Test Server Feedback Event: Legion

Please post in this thread using the below template to provide feedback on Legion based on your experience during the test server feedback event.

*This thread will be unlocked when the event begins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Job you participated with
    (Main job/support job/level)

Thoughts on content

-System:

-Battle:

Other feedback and opinions

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Laide
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    DRK/SAM 99

Enimty

Needs less zone hate, no way to get up safely or needs a smaller aggro range
    (0)
    Last edited by Metalgod; 02-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.

BLU99/WAR49

Thoughts on content

-System: Seems like another zerg fest! I think you should take the suggestion from some post in the other thread and incorporate some variety to it... Something like the moving floor in Diabolos fight etc. As it is, just seems like zerg boss one while someone kites the other two mobs or holds them.

There should also be some place to rest, it seems once you wipe its over.

(0)

Character
    Daynemog
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    99BLM/49RDM

Thoughts on content

-System:
      There did not seem to be adequate time to recover from KO weakness. In order to recover the player seems to have to run around haphazardly and rest, while trying to avoid the giant aggro radius.

-Battle:
    Challenging but not impossible getting past second wave and then to boss seemed impossible. (This was on our second run. We used the the "split into teams" strategy. )

Need a corridor to safely rest in to recover from weakness.
    Music could be more unique instead of the standard BCNM music. (Ending battle music [Final Fantasy Prelude] was a nice touch though.)
    (1)
    Last edited by SirDayne; 02-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Dayne {Ramuh} since 2004. Daynemog {Bahamut} since 2011 [Ramuh->Bahamut merge].

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    THF99/DNC49

Thoughts on content

-System:

Overall it's seems good but need to work on making the content "Battle-friendly" for DD's due to the mass death and no RR if die twice. Ideally would like an NPC in 3 zones incase of congestion for players so that there's no competition, and that people are able to freely do Legion on a set time.... Ideally i would like the maximum of 18 people due to the lag and the zone's made bigger because 36 people in that small zone is quite crowded

-Battle:

There are a few changes that I would like to see in Legion

Auto RR - Similar to WoE due to mass death and it would be impossible for a whm to get a lot of people raised if they get killed twice in a row before managing to get RR up

Make the entry requirement a little easier (if 18+ then get the tome to be shareable and linked so that one person can use the item and 19+ can all be warped into the battle arena)

The Zone need to be slightly bigger so we can have just a tad more space to work with.

Legion would ideally be good with 18 people due to the Lag that we get for having more than 20+ people in the zone

It was actually very hard to try and get the win on THF and I'm worried that Legion would become another "SMN burned" content as it's extremely non-dd friendly

And also if it this tough fighting T1 then it's going to be extremely un-friendly to people who aren't a relic/mythic/empy holders
    (1)
    Last edited by Lukielucas; 02-11-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Character
    Drai
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    DRG99/SAM49
    Thoughts on content

-System: can be fine if tweaked a bit

-Battle: very hard, had a Corse, Vampyr and Dvergr type mobs first tier, impossible to recover from whipes due to HP aggro range and mobs wandering, also AoE charms make it too difficult to hold mobs while the rest of the party kills another mob that also AoE charms.

Other feedback and opinions I would just remove the HP aggro altogether from this as it's such a small room, maybe make them do less AoE damage, otherwhise it could be fine
    (0)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Rayix' Round 1 Feedback

Paladin99/Warrior49

Thoughts on content

-System: I have no complaints about the system, seems like a good implementation to have only the alliance leaders in charge of entering the run and everyone else gets transported automatically. Feels like how Einherjar SHOULD have been, so well done here.

-Battle: Hall of Skies, Behemoth, Wyrm, & Turtle. We learned the lesson that the NMs need to be kept further apart, and perhaps the arena feels a little small for this. I suppose it's an intended part of the challenge. The overlap is what killed us, but I feel that's more a learning experience on our part.

The one comment I'd like to raise, is that I'm surprised to see temporary items of any sort in this event. I realize that it's very limited in that only the person who killshots an elemental obtains one temp item, so this is a bit of relief. I would like to express, however, that the Dev. teams take extreme caution with any further implementing of temporary items. Temp items in quantity take away greatly from the importance of skill and managing yourself efficiently. I don't mind them in this form, but I don't want to see the door opened into another full-blown temp item-based event like Voidwatch has become.
    (0)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    BRD99/WHM49

Thoughts on content

-System: the system seems fine, the undead blood aggro is a bit much, the zone seems a bit small too. If only there were an entry hallway similar to the doomvoid fights where we could pull monsters to.

An ability to buy temp items prior to entering with legion points would be cool, such as terror, doom screen (maybe add a charm one?)

(0)

Character
    Inem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    WHM99/SCH49

Thoughts on content

-System:
    The system is decent but once you wipe it's very hard to get back up.

-Battle:
    I wish something would be implimented where people can rest safely, perhaps make the aggro range smaller or make the arena a little wider because meteor has a big range when you're weak!

Temps would be cool, like maybe after killing 1 NM you get a few random temps. We're lucky on the test server to have free reraise items, too bad it won't be that way on server!

More drops! I did a few legion runs before this where we didn't wipe and after clearing the floor only 1-2 items of value would drop with a rather large alliance. I'm getting a head ache imagining people fighting over items!
    (0)

Character
    Mischief
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    SCH99/RDM49

Thoughts on content

-System: Area with the undead seems like a bit much. 2 charming mobs at once, and the other has some nasty AoEs. Definitely needs a place to recover, or perhaps make them non-aggro but linking? Also, alliance hate is annoying.

-Battle: Kinda felt like fighting 3 VWNMs at once. Certainly had HP comparable to Kaggen or something. It feels like only the most skilled linkshells (say, the ones that can farm Botulus Rex?) will have a chance at completing Legion in it's current state.

There also was a few glitches with spells, I don't know if it's test server specific though. Sleepga looked like Flood and Dispelga looked like Addle.

EDIT: After doing round 2 in the undead hall, I can safely say that Charmga and Death NEED to go. At the very least, they need to be nerfed. We lost primarily because the Vampyr did charmga on all the (Embrava'd) melees, and then the Dvergr casted Death on the PLD holding him. Please limit the NM's ability to charm players in Legion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mischief; 02-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast