Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Job you participated with
    WHM/SCH 99/49

Thoughts on content

-System:

Alliance leader deciding entry is a very nice change.

-Battle:

Alliance hate on NMs is very mean. It makes recovering from a wipe nearly impossible unless the group fights in individual parties rather than an alliance.

Other feedback and opinions
    Bayohne is a Hume F! I don't know what to think about this.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Legion round 1!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drk/War 99

Thoughts on content

-System: Addition of elementals to provide "side" challenges was a nice touch. It allowed me to have a source to use Drain II to heal back up without drawing attention from the main HNM's. Their HP was low enough that they don't pose much of a problem to any single Drk or Dd-Mage!

-Battle: I'm sure the others have already posted that the alliance hate of most of the HNM's is a little overboard, seeing as a premature wipe could very well mean the end of the event! However I was personally able to unweaken twice likely due to everyone else dying. Damage to the NM's seemed fair, but without buffs and the proper chat filters i'm unsure of this!

seemed pretty fun ~

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (0)
    Woodworking - 100 + Other stuff
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukielucas View Post
    THF99/DNC49

Thoughts on content

-System:

Overall it's seems good but need to work on making the content "Battle-friendly" for DD's due to the mass death and no RR if die twice. Ideally would like an NPC in 3 zones incase of congestion for players so that there's no competition, and that people are able to freely do Legion on a set time.... Ideally i would like the maximum of 18 people due to the lag and the zone's made bigger because 36 people in that small zone is quite crowded

-Battle:

There are a few changes that I would like to see in Legion

Auto RR - Similar to WoE due to mass death and it would be impossible for a whm to get a lot of people raised if they get killed twice in a row before managing to get RR up

Make the entry requirement a little easier (if 18+ then get the tome to be shareable and linked so that one person can use the item and 19+ can all be warped into the battle arena)

The Zone need to be slightly bigger so we can have just a tad more space to work with.

Legion would ideally be good with 18 people due to the Lag that we get for having more than 20+ people in the zone

It was actually very hard to try and get the win on THF and I'm worried that Legion would become another "SMN burned" content as it's extremely non-dd friendly

And also if it this tough fighting T1 then it's going to be extremely un-friendly to people who aren't a relic/mythic/empy holders
    Our second round went more better than the first one, but 30 minutes isn't enough.... 1 hour would be ideal and if the developers are gonna give us an hour, then can do a cool down period for 1 real life day etc
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    (Main job/support job/level)
    RNG/SAM/99

Thoughts on content

-System: I like the entry system. Not having to trade 100 lamps is nice.

-Battle: Overall I enjoyed the battle, was fun. We managed to kill 3 mobs with just random people thrown together quickly, so I think difficulty level is fine. However, I think you should increase the time limt to 45 minutes. Perhaps 60, if the boss is hard, but from what I've seen 45 sounds just right. Killed the first wave in about 22 minutes. Could probably drop that to 15 easy. Maybe even 10 if everyone got the hang of it.

(0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    PUP/NIN

Thoughts on content

-System: Easier to participate when having only the party leader handling the key item(s) required for participation, instead of having to duplicate an item and pass it on to other members. So that was great.

-Battle: More time!!! The time limit 30mins - 45mins isn't enough; the enemy strength is more than sufficient, probably too powerful at times, however allowing for 1 hour should be sufficient to progress deeper... maybe allow for the possibility of at least one time extension if you won't allow for the additional increase in the time allotted.

My automaton's magic attack was doing 2.4k to 2.5k in nukes per nuke and the Spiritreaver head nuked accordingly depending on the enemy's elemental weakness, so no complaints there.

Perhaps add the random temp item acquisition to ease the battle a little; maybe if certain battle conditions are met 30 mins in or 50% of the way through the battlefield objectives, then temp. items would be available---perhaps the ability to choose in advance which temp. items would be available for your character depending on whether the job is melee or mage.

I believe because of the uniqueness of the battle; create some brand new, never before seen high level NMs for boss mosters--instead of palette swaps...or monster models already in use... perhaps even a different dungeon setting for the battle.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    (Main job/support job/level)
    WHM/SCH 99/49

Thoughts on content

-System: I like the concept honestly it is positively fun.

-Battle: While battles can be tedious but it is appropriately challenging.

Too much hp/little time.
    Lag might be a problem for slower connections.
    (0)

Jobs: round 1: Blu99/war49
    round 2: whm99/rdm49

Thoughts on content

-System:
      Very fun. Takes a good amount of strategy, different strategies for different setups.

Time limit may need to be re-evaluated. perhaps give an addition 10 minutes after completing each wave.

Room was tight, provided a challenge in position 36 players to avoid AOE as much as possible.

-Battle:
    Seemed like the standard HNM abilities. I feel these NMs should get new abilities and or exhibit different behavior than their counterparts.

Pretty straight forward after strategy was set up, no major twists throughout the fight. Meteor and touchdown created a challenge in keeping healers alive.

This will be an interesting new addition to endgame. It resembles einherjar, however being strictly NM fights is what sets it apart. Go along this route more to separate it further from how einherjar is set up.

This event should be all about strategy. Keep implementing tasks that make the players think about what to do next, instead of blindly attacking.
    (0)

Character
    Rienea
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    WHM99/SCH49

Thoughts on content

-System:

Nice new battle system, I like that the ally leader controls entry, saves time and people won't get left out by accident.

-Battle:

I was in the group of 21 (first run, 2nd run 18) that did the undead mobs. First run was pretty much a complete deathfest, 2nd run went pretty smooth until the Vamp got down to low health and started killing people. I think some adjustments probably need to be made to those mobs, especially in regards to charm and the fact that recovery is near impossible if you have a wipe or a near wipe. Also, make Holy do 99999dmg to bats named Bayohne, kthx.

Overall a nice new event, nice to have something new and challenging. Hopefully if there are adjustments coming, they won't be too severe, don't want an easymode event, but as it stands, the dvergr/vamp/corse are seemingly near impossible to do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rie; 02-11-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    (* ' - ') Catastrophe ALL the things! ( ' - ' *)

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Main Job: WhiteMage
    Support Job: Scholar
    Level: 99/49

Thoughts on content

-System: Much easier to handle with only 1 person having to use the pass vs having to hand out lamps/hourglasses. Love the instant raise in the lobby. no more having to wait for your whm, rdm, or sch to help with raises.

-Battle: Please put a "resting" area in the battle field so that it gives people a time to unweak and try again.

Was very fun to see the reps participating in the banter as well as picking on each other and other players as well. Was very fun and <3 Rukkirii! i wish i could transfer the love chocolate to my actual character >.> Lol (sorry i left your party rukki don't hurt me! :< )

Happy V. Day to the com. Reps and thanks for putting this together! Would love to see more stuff like this in the future.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    WHM/SCH 99/49

Thoughts on content

-System:

Alliance leader deciding entry is a very nice change.

-Battle:

Alliance hate on NMs is very mean. It makes recovering from a wipe nearly impossible unless the group fights in individual parties rather than an alliance.

Bayohne is a Hume F! I don't know what to think about this.
    Additions after round 2:

WHM/SCH 99/49

Thoughts on content

-System:

No real qualms with the system. A full 5 minutes in the entry lobby would be ideal, though. Or, alternatively, player HP/MP could be restored when moving from the lobby to the battle. I often found myself caught off guard when the leader entered the field while I only had 600-700MP after buffing multiple parties, and the battle starts almost immediately upon entry.

-Battle:

Overall, there is a fairly large difficulty gap between some of the NMs. Myself and one Paladin were able to duo the Dvergr down to 25% pretty much alone until it started using Death spell. On the other hand, 14 people in the Main alliance were completely demolished by the Vampyr and his Charmga.

This might become less of a problem in the future if WHM is given some sort of Charm-removal spell. As it stands right now, that is the second largest obstacle to overcome in this wing.

The first is, again, the wonky Aggro mechanics. Monsters were chasing people down from the other side of the map for no apparent reason. They seemed to both idle after kills and possess some sort of Alliance hate, and it only really served to confuse the group and prevent us from recovering properly if we died. If it's out of the question to remove this wonky system, it would be helpful to at least be able to Gravity the NMs so that they can be held properly in case of a wipe. Hopefully the upcoming Enfeebling adjustments will address this?

Bayohne killed me, that makes him a meany face.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast