Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70

Our Sad Existence....

It's a safe bet that everyone on this forum is a gamer. We all play an MMO, and part of that includes taking the game with us during the day. I'm sure everyone here has come up with a plan or strategy while at work or school. I've done it. It's helpful...

However...

I just experienced something truly mind-blowing. Sort of made me feel dirty.

You see, I'm a college student, and during class breaks and what not, I like to go off and do homework, etc. in a nice quiet place. Today, sitting across from me about twenty feet away, are two dudes who are discussing, at length, enemy weaknesses, quests and missions, weapon stats and class types for WoW. Now when I do it, it's fine. When I'm outside of that box looking in? OMG do we all sound like that? It's like a real life character study for Neil Goldman.

/shudder
    (2)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

lol.... reminds me of the days huddled in a circle during recess in middle school...rolling those dragon dice. My, how we've grown up......... scary.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I keep all my FFXI talk on the forums and in the game only. When it comes to real life discussions about games, it's never super in depth or anything like that.

We FFXI players have always been a social cut above the average WoW base. >.>
    (5)

i make it a point to not "talk shop" around non-gamers.. for pretty much this reason.

but also because it's a great way to kill a conversation. if 4 people are hanging out, and 1 doesn't play ffxi and 2 are rattling on about it... i always feel bad.. almost like they're being rude to this poor fourth sap. plus they're outing me as the super nerd i am. so that's not cool.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    No we haven't.
    (5)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yes we sound like that.

I prefer to keep game life and real life separate. When I'm out of my house I'm focused on whatever activity I'm going to.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    I once ate a sandwich with cat-food in it.
    (8)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Limit Break Radio FTW!!

FFXI talk in the RAW!!! =P
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Above
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Lbr is no more lol.
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I used to work at Dell, with about 200 other gamers, I think 95% of them played WOW and 3 of us FFXI. I refused to talk about FFXI at work because of how idiotic the Wow players sounded to me. I knew I sounded the same way the rare times I got drawn into FFXI talk. There was actually a manager fired at dell because his Wow guild leader was an employee of his, and he wouldn't leave him alone.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast