Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KorPoni View Post
    All kinds of ideas can be thrown into the mix. One thing I asked when making this thread, though, is what kind of augments to the animators people would like to see, and all I see is everyone throwing their opinions about whether to or not to do it, or how to adjust the puppetmaster themselves. Let's see if any interesting, creative, non-opinionated responses occur.
    Problem is you're never going to get non-opinionated responses when you're asking for people's input on what they possibly want (in this case a Trial Animator), playing a job and playing it on a specific play style automatically creates a bias in a view of the job (Example: do you play pup/dnc and use VE/SS/SW frame, or pup/war and use SoulSoother frame) Both people will put in their ideal ideas for an animator, which will be up online for people to view and form opinions about. When people have a view of their own and they read others, they're more likely than not going to voice their opinion on another person's idea, be it included in their own posting on an idea or just to voice their opinion...

(Don't mean to derail...)
    (0)
    Last edited by Cruxus; 03-16-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxus View Post
    Problem is you're never going to get non-opinionated responses when you're asking for people's input on what they possibly want (in this case a Trial Animator), playing a job and playing it on a specific play style automatically creates a bias in a view of the job (Example: do you play pup/dnc and use VE/SS/SW frame, or pup/war and use SoulSoother frame) Both people will put in their ideal ideas for an animator, which will be up online for people to view and form opinions about. When people have a view of their own and they read others, they're more likely than not going to voice their opinion on another person's idea, be it included in their own posting on an idea or just to voice their opinion...

(Don't mean to derail...)
    Derailing is the problem, not the being opinionated. "I don't like this idea because..." doesn't help the subject when the subject asks "What augments would be nice to see?" That doesn't mean we don't welcome "I don't like this idea because...", just means if that's all you're going to post, you didn't read the OP fully before responding.

But thanks for responding to my last post Cruxus. This is my answer. I do any subjob except pet jobs, and use any automaton except the rdm/harlequin heads, and harlequin frame. It just depends on what I feel like trying out, or gear I want to experiment with.

The reason I opened this thread is this: Animators are bland "Dex+, Automaton: HP/MP+" at best, and I'd like to see options and improvements that match the expanding options and improvements for secondary gear like bard, beastmaster, corsair, and ranger, through magian trials and other means, and want to see PUP actually be included in this attention with their own ability to take options.
    (0)
    Last edited by KorPoni; 03-16-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling error
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes, quite understandable, unproductive opinions with little to no insight do nothing as far as encourage development of a job/gear. I also agree that PUP shouldn't be left behind in improvements to their gear, though with the development of the new gear augmentation through use of synergy furnaces, I'm half wondering if SE is done with the actual Trial of the Magians. In which would allow us to theoretically augment our current Turbo Animator/Animator +1's granted they allow such an option on them.
    (0)

I seriously doubt seeing the current 3 animators getting augments, but would love to see, at the very least, an animator that can be gotten as a 75 pup and augmented through magian trials in the same means as relic or mythic weapons can already.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Player
    I like the idea about Animators not being neglected when developing new gear for PUP, I want it to be part of the gear-set for the job, that we can pick and choose from, plus with this line of upgrade it will open up new room through gear (ranged slot) to improve the automaton dynamically at level cap (all other improvement are statics, the pet may fall behind as gear progress in the future, unless they continue to add pet gear/new attachments, which seems to be rarely implemented and random/afterthought imo).

Animator is perfect candidate to be the main way to improve our matons as the game progress, and reserve the other slots for the master mostly (pup gear hardly have enough pet stat on it probably due item stats budget, specifically when we have different type of pets, some of them need to have different gear types *cough*mage pet*cough*), so we don't end up with items like Burattinaios taking the weapon slot making it hard to replace for another weapon because it has an incredible pet utility.

As for the ideas for the animators, you look like you have covered everything lol, nice ideas you have there, I just don't like magian trail much, if some of them come from other sources that would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Jakeofalexander
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I find Korponi's idea interesting - to have the Animator control the "job" / "specialty" of the Automaton more so than the frame, but with HQ staves, ToM MAB staves, AoM MACC staves, ToM Avatar staves, ToM PUP pet H2H and ToM PUP damage H2H gear, this would literally remove any and all extra space that I have left. SE needs to come out with a way tot combine similar ToM that only differ by elements into one item. (i.e. all ToM MAB staves into one staff).
    (0)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Do you really need to be posting? I mean... REALLY?!

Quote Originally Posted by jake3614 View Post
    I find Korponi's idea interesting - to have the Animator control the "job" / "specialty" of the Automaton more so than the frame, but with HQ staves, ToM MAB staves, AoM MACC staves, ToM Avatar staves, ToM PUP pet H2H and ToM PUP damage H2H gear, this would literally remove any and all extra space that I have left. SE needs to come out with a way tot combine similar ToM that only differ by elements into one item. (i.e. all ToM MAB staves into one staff).
    Have you checked porter moogles? They can hold augmented trial gear. They give you stackable tokens for your gear. Not 100% sure how it works yet, as I started over recently.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3