Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    with the amount of overloads i see i think it would help like i said for rng i just spam wind so if i overload 80% less while spamming that itd be nice and since im only using wind move i dont care about other overloading more i just hold hate and let RNG pup DD if he dies so what deux another one in or take his hate
    (0)

For me it's fire maneuvers I'd like to spam, with maybe an occasional light maneuver to regen my automaton. A way to keep that overload down for throwing constant fire maneuvers would be great.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I'm all for seeing a cirque Animator. Being stuck with the Turbo or animator +1 untill 90 is a drag, I am sure we could get a nice updated emp. animator with good Hidden effects. Like better Curing Priority MP/HP boost and a better casting time for Mage Automaton or something. Maybe even throw in the Elemental space thingies. Can't stress enough having only being able to attatch a few of a certain element to a automaton because you'll exceed the limit.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

I agree with you miera, but the only way we're going to see expansions in the elemental parameters is with the adjustments made to automaton body/head, not equipment on the master. Also, a cirque animator with a few trials to it to augment it to our liking would be lovely. The ideas I came up with were just going off of the fact that bard has a magian instrument, ranger a magian bow, but puppetmaster has 3 total animators, and no way to expand or specialize those even.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

i really like the idea of automaton skill lvl bonuses on an animator.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hm or invest in the +2 bp for pup and macro in af gloves and never Overload again. I just feel its a waste to add those animators when its already so hard to overload that the only time i OL at all is if i am spaming ice maneuvers at a rate of 1 per 10sec for 60sec (7 maneuvers).

The only time i can think of that happening is icex3, nuke, icex3 nuke, but even then i pretty much have to DAD after the second or face my pet getting agro and losing hp and not being able to DAD or nuke for a while.
    (0)

I honestly believe that we have gotten enough for carrying around 8 different staves for mage jobs and smn. Having to carry around different animators would be overkill... IF however SE mananged to give more inventory space, then that would be nice.. but for now.. I hope SE isnt considering this... Augmenting our current animator would be nice however!
    (0)
    To give up before you are done means you lose before you even started.

Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Personally wouldn't mind an empyrean type animator, or if that can't/won't happen, re-adjust current animator's to reduce burden turning into Overload. Something like:

Animator: -5% burden
    Turbo Animator: -10% burden
    Animator +1: -15~20% burden
    (insert possible next level animator): -20~25%

Adding something like that with the current gear selection that helps prevent overload (EMP body, AF hands, low lvl necklace) would make obtaining any non-standard animator (Animator +1 and if a new one is in fact added) more desirable than settling with AF level one.

While not largely in favor of a large variety of trial animators (outside a possible Empyrean) I do believe a new one with actual stat bonus' to the actual maton should be considered down the road. If not an actual Empyrean animator, I could see the new battlefields with the newer seals being an option for such an upgraded item to originate from. Just a thought though...
    (0)

How about an animator with only 1 upgrade path, done like the WS weapons in terms of trial. At level 80 you get to add an additional manuver, at 85 the ability to see burden (or at least get warnings if the next manuver will overload), and at 90 you add aditional effects to pup. Sharpshot gets elemental bolts of the dominant element (with Dark equaling Bloody), Harlequin gets Enstun on melee, Valoredge gets an OMNI-Weaponskill that automatically lands a red !! weakness proc (as long as the mob isn't doing a move that blocks the rest of us from !! procing so they still need the timing), and Stormwalker gets Discernment and attempts to proc yellow!! WHM head makes all cures -aga(and will cure undead OFFENSIVELY if no cures are needed when cast timer is up), RDM will self-buff, and BLM head will automatically try to MB when a skillchain happens if cast timer is up.
    (0)

All kinds of ideas can be thrown into the mix. One thing I asked when making this thread, though, is what kind of augments to the animators people would like to see, and all I see is everyone throwing their opinions about whether to or not to do it, or how to adjust the puppetmaster themselves. Let's see if any interesting, creative, non-opinionated responses occur.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast