Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Exenterator's effect duration does not vary with TP.

Exenterator is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by The description
    Delivers a fourfold attack that lowers enemy's accuracy. Effect duration varies with TP.
    At 100TP, it lasts 90 seconds.
    At 300TP, it lasts 90 seconds.

Also, it should be "lowers the enemy's accuracy." probably
    (18)

Greetings Byrth!

I would be more then happy to submit this for you, however, I would like to ask that you please give us some additional information on this matter. Please fill out the template below to the best of your ability. While some of the information may seem irrelevant, it is always best to have as much information as possible. Once filled out, we will submit this for review for you!

Thank you for your time and apologies for any inconvenience!

GM Bublex

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Class/Skill Rank:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    In-Game Time:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, I'm not exactly reporting "halp my character is stuk in joono!" or "i kant log in!" Most (if not all) of the information you're requesting is irrelevant. Here is why:

Quote Originally Posted by Bublex View Post
    Platform: The time that an additional effect is on the monster is determined by your servers, not my computer
    ISP:The time that an additional effect is on the monster is determined by your servers, not my ISP
    Type of Internet Connection: The time that an additional effect is on the monster is determined by your servers, not my internet connection
    Internet Connection Speed: The time that an additional effect is on the monster is determined by your servers, not my internet connection speed
    Date & Time: Pretty obviously something I have tested at multiple dates and multiple times
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: If I posted this, you can read my character name
    Race: If I posted this, you can see my race
    World: If I posted this, you can see my world
    Class/Skill Rank: Many classes gain access to this weaponskill and it functions the same way on all of them
    Area and Coordinates: It does not matter
    Party or Solo: It does not matter
    In-Game Time: Pretty obviously something I have tested at multiple dates and multiple times
    Steps:
    1. Gain an amount of TP between 100 and 300 TP.
    2. Use the weaponskill (start stopwatch)
    3. Wait for the additional effect to wear off (stop stopwatch)
    4. Record time
    5. Notice that there is no difference between 100 and 300 TP.
    6. Repeat several times and report on the official forums, as you did when the same problem existed on the test server.
    (27)

Hello Byrth,

Thank you for responding with some of the information that was requested by Bublex. However we cannot submit this for you until you provide the necessary information. And while some of it may seem irrelevant to you, it is information that is necessary for the development team to investigate this for you. So we would need you to fill out the following information.

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Class/Skill Rank:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    Monster Name(s):
    In-Game Time:

Once you have provided this information, we will be able to submit this for you so they development team can review this for you. Thank you.
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Nevermind then. I'm sure someone with a higher tolerance for bullshit will report this at some point. 90 second flat duration is good enough for me.
    (22)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Nevermind then. I'm sure someone with a higher tolerance for bullshit will report this at some point. 90 second flat duration is good enough for me.
    You know, it probably would've taken you LESS TIME to fill out the info correctly than it did to fill it out in the form of a total jackass. But yeah. Bitch more. Waah.
    (8)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    You know, it probably would've taken you LESS TIME to fill out the info correctly than it did to fill it out in the form of a total jackass. But yeah. Bitch more. Waah.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have no idea who Byrth is.
    When he posts, Devs and Reps need to listen, not run him/us around like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
    Once you have provided this information, we will be able to submit this for you so they development team can review this for you. Thank you.
    He didn't post this soYou could help HIM. He posted it so YOU can help YOURSELVES and other players. Nice way to treat someone who tests the game for free.
    (21)
    Last edited by Shadowsong; 02-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    There was a point to his reply as well, one that wouldn't have been conveyed if he just filled it out normally. The point is that their blanket response with that form is completely useless. Most of what they're requiring is absolutely irrelevant to problems with the content. They need to get rid of it completely and just interpret the bug reports individually, as they have to do anyway with the step-by-step info provided by us. This form should have never made it to the forums in the first place, its absolutely only use is in the form of client bug reports and they should make a completely seperate page for that. It's not related to test server content in any way. SE is making reporting bugs tedious and inconvenient and in some cases even insulting to our intelligence. It's like punishing the people that volunteer to test their products (at their request).
    (8)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

While we appreciate your input regarding the Bug Reporting procedure, please keep any conversation in this thread as it pertains to the topic at hand, and not about the process itself.

Any Feedback regarding our process is welcome either in the appropriate forum or through the Feedback Form Located at the Square Enix Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com under "Final Fantasy XI" > "Contact" > "Suggestions and Feedback."

Also, please keep in mind that the Game Masters are neither Programmers nor Developers, and have been asked to gather this information in order to file a complete Bug Report to the correct department. This is why we are required to request that the form be fully completed before we are able to submit a report and have the matter investigated.

We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
    (3)

Seems to me Byrth did fill out your template, even though he shouldn't have been required to. Just because his answers were not as you desired doesn't mean he didn't follow protocol. Certainly the moderators could have put any alternate value in for the answers deemed unsatisfactory and the bug could be investigated properly.

Why make the player population do the work others should be doing. It's not our jobs. We are paying you. Step up to the plate and supply some customer service.
    (8)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast