[dev1058] 2 Hour Merit Points: Tier 3 of Job merits

I tried to post this thread before, but I think I did something wrong, so I'm restarting it here. I think they should make a third group of merits for each jobs for meritting 2 hours, and there should be different small bonuses given to using the two hours, but not decrease the recast time of two hours altogether. Here's my idea of how it may look.

The following is fictional and a hopeful to see in the future.

Group 3: Only effective as level 96 or higher.
    [5-5-5-5-5]

Max combo: 10 (for each job)
    Max per item: 5

Warrior:
    Group 3:
    • Mighty Strikes Duration (Mighty Strikes lasts 5 additional seconds per upgrade.)
    • Warpath (Accuracy bonus while under Mighty Strikes. +5% accuracy per upgrade.)
    • Rousing Shout (Other party members gain additional critical hit rate while you're under Mighty Strikes. +3 critical hit rate per upgrade.)
    • Berserker's Way (Double attack bonus while under Mighty Strikes. +2 double attack per upgrade.)
    Monk:
    Group 3:
    • Hundred Fists Duration (Hundred Fists lasts 3 additional seconds per upgrade.)
    • Razor Focus (Increases counter rate while under Hundred Fists effect. +1 counter rate per upgrade.)
    • Thousand Fists (All nearby party members gain a delay reduction while you're under Hundred Fists. Delay reduction for party members is 2% per upgrade.) [/I]
    • Power Hits (Gain a critical hit rate bonus while under Hundred Fists. Critical hit rate is +1 per upgrade.)
    White Mage:
    Group 3:
    • Benediction Afterlight (Grants a Regen effect to all players affected by Benediction. Potency of Regen is increased per upgrade.) Regen is 3/tick at first upgrade, and increases by 1/tick per upgrade. This effect lasts for 1 minute.
    • Benediction Afterburst (Grants a Refresh effect to all players affected by Benediction. Potency of Refresh is increased per upgrade.) Refresh is 2/tick at first upgrade, and increases by 1/tick per upgrade. This effect lasts for one minute.
    • Benediction Afterrush (Grants a Regain effect to all players affected by Benediction. Potency of Regain is increased per upgrade.) Regain is 1/tick per upgrade. This effect lasts for 40 seconds.
    • Life Wave (When you use Benediction, you grant to all affected players MP in addition to its normal effects. MP granted is 10 percent of maximum per upgrade.)
    Black Mage
    Group 3:
    • Manafont Duration (Manafont's duration is increased by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Firefont (Increases potency of fire magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your fire elemental black magic spells.
    • Icefont (Increases potency of ice magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your ice elemental black magic spells.
    • Windfont (Increases potency of air magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your air elemental black magic spells.
    • Earthfont (Increases potency of earth magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your earth elemental black magic spells.
    • Thunderfont (Increases potency of lightning magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your lightning elemental black magic spells.
    • Waterfont (Increases potency of water magic spells you cast while under Manafont.) Increases Magic Attack and Magic Accuracy for your water elemental black magic spells.
    Red Mage
    Group 3:
    • Chainspell Duration (Duration of Chainspell increases by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Mana Leak (For every black magic spell you cast while under Chainspell, you give MP to all other players in your party. MP given is 1 per upgrade.)
    • Radiance Leak (For every white magic spell you cast while under Chainspell, you give HP to all other players in your party. HP given is 2 per upgrade.)
    • Chainburst (While under Chainspell, your spells gain potency each time you cast a spell. Maximum potency increases per upgrade.) Your spells gain +1 Magic Attack and +1 Magic Accuracy every 2 you cast, with maximum potency of +4 per upgrade to each. This potency bonus ends with Chainspell.
    Thief
    Group 3:
    • Perfect Dodge Duration (Duration of Perfect Dodge increases by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Shadowstrikes (You gain a bonus to triple attack while under Perfect Dodge. Bonus is 1 percent per upgrade.)
    • Taunting Dodge (While under Perfect Dodge, you and all nearby allies gain a bonus to "Killer" effects. Bonus is +1 per upgrade.)
    • Mislocation (While under Perfect Dodge, all nearby allies gain an evasion bonus. Bonus is 3 per upgrade.)

That's my take on the original six jobs. I can do the others, but I'm headed to bed now. Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Accidently put Warcry where I meant Mighty Strikes. Fixed it thanks to someone pointing out that typo.
    (1)
    Last edited by KorPoni; 02-16-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Its almost like you hate Thief as much as Square Enix does :P.

That said, Theres a lot of well thought out suggestions there, And i truly enjoyed reading them, Found most of them especially creative. You thought these out nicely.

However If i may be so bold? Some suggestions i think the THF community would like better.

Thief
    Group 3:

* Shadowstrikes - Bonus to Triple Attack While under Perfect Dodge. +5 Per Level (its a 2hour!)
    * Psychological Bullying - Adds a Defense and Magic Defense down Effect to Bully. (-5% Per Level)
    * Treasure Hound - Increases Allies(and yourself) Attack and Critical Hit Rate In tandem with Treasure Hunter Level. (recast 2min, Dur 1min. Attack+3% Per Level, Critical Hit Rate +2% (of TH)) - (Each Additional Merit Extend Duration by 5s and increase chance of upgrading TH by 5% (While in effect))
    (1)

I'm glad you liked them. Actually, I focused on A: Giving everyone a small version of your 2hour while it was active, B: Giving another bonus relative to your job's traits to 2hour, C: Keeping the bonuses small in conjunction with the fact 2hours are nearly complete as is, and D: All bonuses are focused on 2 hour.

Dumming down 2 hours is really a bad idea, even when looking at merittable enhancement effects. So I bumped them up to match the "oh factor" of 2 hours.

But, here's a few adjustments to make it look sweeter.
    Warrior:
    Rename Berserker's Way to Berserker's Fury, and increase Double Attack bonus to +5 per upgrade.
    Monk:
    Increase Razor Focus counter rate from +1 per upgrade to +3 per upgrade.
    Increase Power Hits critical hit rate from +1 per upgrade to +4 per upgrade.
    Thief:
    Increase Shadowstrikes triple attack bonus from +1 per upgrade to +4 per upgrade. Reason: Double Attack isn't as good as Triple Attack, so Triple Attack rate increase would hafta be lower to show balance.
    Remove Taunting Dodge.
    Increase Mislocation's Evasion Bonus given from +3 per upgrade to +6 per upgrade.
    Add new merit: Shadowstep (While under the effect of Perfect Dodge and while behind the enemy, you gain +10 Attack per upgrade.)

Also, here's the original unlockable jobs with some merittable 2 hour bonuses.
    Paladin
    Group 3:
    • Invincible Duration (Increases duration of invincible by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Stalwart Gift (Reduces damage recieved of nearby party members while under Invincible by 2 per upgrade.)
    • Relaxed Mind (While under Invincible, you gain a temporary Regen and Refresh effect. Increases potency of each per upgrade.) 1 point: 1HP 1MP/tick, 2 points: 2HP 1MP/tick, 3 points: 3HP 2MP/tick, 4 points: 4HP 2MP/tick, 5 points: 5HP 3MP/tick.
    • Relaxed Focus(While under Invincible, you gain a temporary accuracy and critical hit rate. Bonus is +2 to each per upgrade.)
    Dark Knight
    Group 3:
    • Blood Weapon Duration (Increase duration of Blood Weapon by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Vampiric Weapon (When you hit an opponent while under Blood Weapon, you gain some MP. MP gain is 2 per upgrade.) This is not drained MP, so MP can be regained even if you hit undead.
    • Bloodlust Eye (When you hit an opponent while under Blood Weapon, you gain some attack speed. Decreases delay by 2 points per hit per upgrade.) Delay decrease is lost with Blood Weapon effect.
    • Lost Rage (While under Blood Weapon, you gain a temporary attack bonus. Attack bonus is 5 per upgrade.)
    Beastmaster
    Group 3:
    • Familiar Duration (Increases duration of Familiar by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Beast Defender (While under Familiar effect, your pet gains +5 attack and +5 defense per upgrade.)
    • Beast Berserker (While under Familiar effect, your pet gains +3% haste per upgrade.)
    • Pet Bonding (While under Familiar effect, you and all nearby party members gain a slight regen effect on their pets. The effectiveness of the regen increases per upgrade.) Pets gain +2 HP/tick per upgrade.
    Ranger
    Group 3:
    • Eagle Eye Continuum (After you use Eagle Eye Shot, you gain a temporary +25% ranged accuracy bonus. Duration of ranged accuracy bonus is 30 seconds, plus 10 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Aiming Aftershock (After you use Eagle Eye Shot, all nearby party members' next attack automatically hits, and gains a slight critical hit rate bonus. Critical hit rate is +5 per upgrade.)
    • Gathering Wits (When you use Eagle Eye Shot, you regain some lost HP. HP regained is 2.5% of maximum per upgrade.)
    • Scouting Regroup (After you use Eagle Eye Shot, all nearby party members gain a temporary, unremovable movement speed bonus. Bonus of movement speed lasts 15 seconds per upgrade.)
    Bard
    Group 3:
    • Soul Voice Duration (Increases duration of Soul Voice by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Speed Voice (While under Soul Voice, you gain a temporary +3 fast cast per upgrade.)
    • Deep Voice (While under Soul Voice, you have a chance of ignoring silence casted on you. Chance is 15% per upgrade.)
    • Long Winded (While under Soul Voice, your spells have their recast time shortened by 2.5% per upgrade.)

Please, feel free to butcher these, as long as you have something that works to replace/improve them.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Actually why not add the time reduction merits for the higher level abilities. to use Paladin as an example reduce the cast times on Divine emblem, Palisade, Sepulcher, etc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Actually why not add the time reduction merits for the higher level abilities. to use Paladin as an example reduce the cast times on Divine emblem, Palisade, Sepulcher, etc.
    I honestly feel those would be nice, but I'm covering the subject of 2 hour merits. If you would like to discuss new merit categories for job abilities from 76-99 jobs levels, please start a new thread about it or post on a thread discussing that.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KorPoni View Post

Warrior:
    Group 3:
    • Warcry Duration (Warcry lasts 5 additional seconds per upgrade.)
    • Warpath (Accuracy bonus while under Warcry. +5% accuracy per upgrade.)
    • Rousing Shout (Other party members gain additional critical hit rate while you're under Warcry. +3 critical hit rate per upgrade.)
    • Berserker's Way (Double attack bonus while under Warcry. +2 double attack per upgrade.)

Paladin
    Group 3:
    • Invincible Duration (Increases duration of invincible by 5 seconds per upgrade.)
    • Stalwart Gift (Reduces damage recieved of nearby party members while under Invincible by 2 per upgrade.)
    • Relaxed Mind (While under Invincible, you gain a temporary Regen and Refresh effect. Increases potency of each per upgrade.) 1 point: 1HP 1MP/tick, 2 points: 2HP 1MP/tick, 3 points: 3HP 2MP/tick, 4 points: 4HP 2MP/tick, 5 points: 5HP 3MP/tick.
    • Relaxed Focus(While under Invincible, you gain a temporary accuracy and critical hit rate. Bonus is +2 to each per upgrade.)
    Why everything for war is around warcry since his 2h is mighty strikes ?

PLD is still laughable: "I'm INVINCIBLE !!!! but nobody cares and strikes me ..."

I like the idea of boosting others when using your 2H, making the party stronger > than making yourself stronger IMO.
    (1)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Quote Originally Posted by Yukichibi View Post
    Why everything for war is around warcry since his 2h is mighty strikes ?
    Crap, I better fix that. It's supposed to be Mighty Strikes, double check it. I'm fixing it now.
    (0)
    Last edited by KorPoni; 02-16-2012 at 03:21 PM.