Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    This is assuming they have a QA team or that it extends beyond "does this technically work". There is also a lot of assuming that the dev team has to code all their content and there isn't a toolkit that anybody with a months worth of training can use.
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    This is assuming they have a QA team or that it extends beyond "does this technically work". There is also a lot of assuming that the dev team has to code all their content and there isn't a toolkit that anybody with a months worth of training can use.
    It's a safe bet there is no QA team, that's what the test server is for. In the past they just released stuff after making sure it didn't immediately crash their servers / test client. For evidence look no further then the original 2H update where Sneak Attack suddenly worked from the front, and only from the front.

Changes to something like an MMO is very situational. It could be something as simple as changing a few lines in an action script or adding a few entries to one of your database's. Or it could involved modifying parts of the event system itself. The first can be done without much fear of breaking the client, the second could involve heavy testing and possible disastrous consequences.
    (0)

Not to mention it's not just A server your client talks to when you play but possibly several all at once.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Not to mention it's not just A server your client talks to when you play but possibly several all at once.
    I don't think anyone, anywhere, actually does anything with one single server these days. It's hardly a roadblock.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    This is the main reason why it's taking longer than expected. The dev. team is currently investigating rule adjustments and looking for a way to allow players to keep their TP when they use a weapon skill on a far away monster.

Don't worry, the dev. team hasn't given up!
    I saw this in the hot topics and read this post thinking "o nice they havent forgotten"... and then I looked at the date this was posted ; ; lol

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I heard they were updating Rajas/Tamas/Sattva rings too...

...ten months ago. Even though I suspect this would not be a very difficult fix for competent programmers, I think that the Rajas/Tamas/Sattva thing would practically be just changing constants in their code. If they can't even do that . . . well, at least your menus look different than they did before.
    I know the dev team is stretched thin with expansion/jobs/SPs/etc, but seeing as though these things were brought up over a year ago would be nice to hear if the dev team still like these ideas (and want to do something but havent had a chance for w/e reason) or they decided not to.

Any chance you could ask them Camate and/or Okipuit?
    (1)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 11-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

6. 11-20-2012 01:46 AM
    Reason
    Wrong thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5