Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Auction House - Removing the 7 item listing cap

I didn't want to necro-bump the topic from 11 months ago.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ting-cap/page8

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    Regarding the limitation on the number of items that can be listed on Auction House, it will be on hold until the auction house merger takes place.

We are planning to make various adjustments, such as number of items and item listing period, after following the progress of auction house merger.
    So, Gildrein or any other community Rep - The auction house merge is complete - When are we getting this adjustment?
    (27)
    Last edited by Jile; 02-05-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They were not talking about how many items you could list at one time but how much of certain items you could list. I think they said it isn't possible for them to allow us to list more then 7 items at a time.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    They tried to boost it up to 8 once upon a time and the auction house practically crashed. They had to return it to 7. Now that the game numbers have severely reduced it might be possible to lift the cap, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know. :/

But they did at least try it once upon a time, if I recall correctly.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Like I'd quoted from the Community Rep, they are planning to adjust the number of items we can list as well as the duration of those listings. I'm just hoping for a time-line from them for when we can expect this to be implemented.

I'd love to be able to list at least 20 items on a character so I don't have to mail numerous mules items each time I craft with my cooking mule. I'm sure others who craft would appreciate the additional slots. I get tired of shuffling items across mules just to list popular items.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 02-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They already did it. It was in the last update I think.
    (0)

I'd love to have more spots to list things on the AH, and I'm not demanding SE tell us they're doing it, I just want to know if they have tried to raise the number, if they think they can, if they know they can, or when they plan to figure out if they can.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Greetings!

By increasing the number of items by even 1, this would apply to every character in the game which would cause a spike in server lag. Rest assured that the development team is looking into this, but they would like to proceed carefully.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    o.o; Necrobumping like crazy today, Camate!
    (0)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

By increasing the number of items by even 1, this would apply to every character in the game which would cause a spike in server lag. Rest assured that the development team is looking into this, but they would like to proceed carefully.
    Historically the item limit was 8 (it was reduced to 7 in the July 2002 update - see http://jpbutton.bluegartr.com/?p=157). Why would this be a problem now?
    (3)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Sounds like "suck it up and like 7"
    (4)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast