Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The nerf scattergun approach?

Nerf after nerf after nerf while making unforgiving unrewarding content, it's like someone is pushing out all the good decisions that were made to the game during abyssea and we are being pushed back to 75 days again. I understand balance but someone has to see the light here, this game is for entertainment purposes and the mindset of balance > fun is not the best way to make a happy playerbase.

The new cor roll nerf is killing some of the very few remaining fun aspects of the game as it currently stands for me but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The old joke of "An issue where the players were having too much fun was found to be evident, we are swiftly taking action to rectify this situation" rings true, really why did FFXI build itself up and then another team ride in and rip it all out? What happened to the hollow promises of "we won't be nerfing jobs, but building others up"?

All I see in the future of FFXI now is more nerfs, anything remotly enjoyable is going to be nerfed and horribly unrewarding VW like content/drop rates.

What is to look forward to in FFXI with this kind of design team at work on it now?
    (32)

I think the only thing left to look forward to is spirits. At least those can't let you down more than they've always done.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

The route they are currently taking is really disheartening honestly, during abyssea the reponses all gave off a feel good factor "Never fear we won't nerf jobs but instead boost others!" or genuinly taking on board players comments and really trying to meet them. Now it's all stuff to ruin a players enjoyment of the game in the sake of balance.

It started off with a small nerf to war and as expected it unleashed the flood gates and everything is getting nerfed, if you enjoy some aspect of your job/game/ws right now chances are it's gonna be nerfed soon in the name of balance. If you are looking forward to some new event they are going to add the chances are it will either be horribly unfair in some fashion to extend it's lifespan or have droprates to make the hardest of hardcores scream for mercy. Lets not even start on the idiocy of new gamegoals like relic trials.

If this is balance, balance can kiss my ass.
    (9)

Abyssea is probably the only thing they ever did right. Everything else has just been a constant stream of disappointments that make you wonder "Why don't they simply fix what is wrong?".
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Seriously STOP NERFING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS LV 99 NOT 75 CAP! I thought this was supposed to be a new found era of power and fun...... MAKE THE WEAK STRONGER, STOP MAKING THE STRONG WEAKER. Do we have to spell it out for you?
    (7)

Just saying...
    (15)

Player
    The game is going right back to 75, just with remnants of Abyssean bells and whistles.

Lots of nerfs, tweaks to old JAs with very little information on improvements and a restructuring that seems strangely reminiscent of the old lvl cap. Some classes have moved up in the ranks though.
    (10)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It would be more humane to turn the servers off than this torturing. And I'm not talking about us. I'm talking about FFXI. It's practically stretched out on the rack as I speak. Next up is quartered and sent to the four corners of Japan as a warning to gamers who grow attached to their MMOs and refuse to play the next MMO incarnation.
    (8)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

The fact that a post like this pops up, and the first page is all people agreeing with it, instead of laughing at it, should really tell you something SE.
    (17)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Zagam
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    The fact that a post like this pops up, and the first page is all people agreeing with it, instead of laughing at it, should really tell you something SE.
    Im laughing at it. Especially since the OP continues to make pointless threads just to get a few likes from the OF cry baby circle . Put up a dislike button and you'll see that the "entire player base" " majority of players"( its 85% right?) isn't really on your side. But I guess if that happens then runespiders constant complaints won't have much weight when he cant pull the entire player base is gonna quit if you don't do what I want.
    (4)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast