Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 79 of 79
  1. #71
    Player Mageoholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Myself
    Posts
    239
    Let the kids fight it out. Since it is irrelevant anyway. You bring one job to heal, that is WHM. Sure other jobs can help, but you bring one job to heal. SCH RDM DNC BLU and BRD SMN COR can all help heal (latter 3 SJ dependant for the most part). PUP SMN BST all have pets who can heal, and a PLD can help heal. What do all of these jobs have in common....They are invited to provide shit on top of helping heal

    A WHM is THE healer, always has been, always will be. (in before meaningless ToAU merit parties arguments.)

    So the kids are arguing over nothing other than my healing dick pisses further than yours.
    (2)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

  2. #72
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Why are we beating this horse again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Don't look at me. I jumped in because he was using terrible, shitty math to prove a point and I corrected it. If he wants to make some point completely unrelated to WHM, that's fine, but he doesn't get a free pass if he tries to bullshit his way through it.

    My point stands, however, with regards to RDM. RDM can cap Cure Potency now, so you'd still have to compare the non-Solaceskin numbers to BLU, with the exception of Cure V.

    This becomes:
    Pimped BLU using all augmented gear for 32% Cure Pot:

    Wild Carrot: 253/37 R = 6.84
    M Fruit: 678/72 R = 9.41
    P Embrace: 801/106 = 7.55

    Normal BLU using 24% Cure Pot:

    Wild Carrot: 238/37 R = 6.43
    M Fruit: 637/72 R = 8.84
    P Embrace: 753/106 = 7.10

    RDM with 50% Cure Pot:

    Cure2: 147 HP / 22 MP Ratio = 6.68
    Cure3: 307 HP / 42 MP Ratio = 7.31
    Cure4: 622 HP / 80 MP Ratio = 7.77

    BLU is pretty easily more potent than RDM, but it loses out on a ton of versatility if it's spec'd for healing alone.

    Edit: This is also ignoring the fact that Embrace has twice the recast of normal cures.
    (0)

    I will have my revenge!

  3. #73
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,397
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Why are we beating this horse again?
    Probably because someone said that this wasn't true (which I found more issue with then saevel's incredibly silly less then 50% cure potency on Red Mage thing):

    BLU is pretty easily more potent than RDM
    Silly and minor point, but with Plenilune Embrace, I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the recast on that spell is 10 seconds, just like Cure V (and that's not much more then Cure IV). If my information is wrong, please tell me.

    Honestly, I'm happy this conversation will be incredibly moot very soon when Healing Magic starts to kick in after years of suck, although that has more to do with Healing Magic kicking in.
    (0)

  4. #74
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Nah, Cure V has 10s recast. 1-4 all have 5s though, those are what was referred to.

    Blu can hit higher cures than RDM on a per-cast basis and can get better mp efficiency than RDM, but RDM healing is kinda shit so I don't know what the point was.

    Saevel tried the same "RDM with 18% Cure potency" crap on the RDM forums where that post was from, too. He was called on it then, no idea why he thought he could just slip that fallacy by again now.
    (0)

    I will have my revenge!

  5. #75
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,397
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Nah, Cure V has 10s recast. 1-4 all have 5s though, those are what was referred to.
    Cure IV has a 8 second recast time (I checked to make sure just in case, I had to remove gear several times just because of all the Haste/Fast Cast gear I wear on my idle set) as reported on FFXIclopedia. Cure III has a 6s recast, Cure I/II have 5s recast.
    (2)

  6. #76
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Cure IV has a 8 second recast time (I checked to make sure just in case, I had to remove gear several times just because of all the Haste/Fast Cast gear I wear on my idle set) as reported on FFXIclopedia. Cure III has a 6s recast, Cure I/II have 5s recast.
    Derp's on me then . I can hardly tell the difference in that range, aside from V/VI. Good to know~
    (0)

    I will have my revenge!

  7. #77
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Probably because someone said that this wasn't true (which I found more issue with then saevel's incredibly silly less then 50% cure potency on Red Mage thing):



    Silly and minor point, but with Plenilune Embrace, I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the recast on that spell is 10 seconds, just like Cure V (and that's not much more then Cure IV). If my information is wrong, please tell me.

    Honestly, I'm happy this conversation will be incredibly moot very soon when Healing Magic starts to kick in after years of suck, although that has more to do with Healing Magic kicking in.
    Embrace is 10s, Fruit is 6s

    I said less then 50% because 95%+ of the WHM, RDM and SCH's I've seen have less then 50% cure potency. I actually check these things. And when we're talking about such a large number, suddenly assuming 50% ~ALL THE TIME~ becomes very silly indeed. We start getting into the area of assuming everyone has a 95 Emp and the absolute best gear for comparisons, which is limited to the upper 1~5% of the games population.

    Never base arguments on such an incredibly small minority. Even at 50% cure potency, the BLU @28% still wins on ~both~ their cure spells.
    (0)

  8. #78
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,169
    FFS no one gives a crap that 95% of the Whm Rdms and Schs you know are gimp as all hell. -Especially- Whms since they can cap in ~4 pieces, so uh, yea, 95% of the Whms you know are just plain terrible.

    If you're complaining about Rdms/Whms/Schs without cure potency I bet I could find just as many blu who don't have cure potency (or even gear swaps) so your argument is nil.
    (3)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 02-10-2012 at 09:17 PM.

  9. #79
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I said less then 50% because 95%+ of the WHM, RDM and SCH's I've seen have less then 50% cure potency. I actually check these things. And when we're talking about such a large number, suddenly assuming 50% ~ALL THE TIME~ becomes very silly indeed. We start getting into the area of assuming everyone has a 95 Emp and the absolute best gear for comparisons, which is limited to the upper 1~5% of the games population.
    Tons and tons people who bake don't even use separate measuring cups for wet and dry ingredients. Yet, many recipes still forgo volume entirely and list ingredients by weight. This is because most people are horrible at baking or lack the proper tools and, as a result, produce mediocre food.

    All the mediocre or under-supplied cupcake-makers the world over don't change the most accurate way to measure flour. The dumbest common denominator should never be used to determine a method of measurement for healing magic, either.

    Making a level 99 Surya's Staff is in no way a comparable task to collecting 1500 Heavy Metal plates.
    (3)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 02-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8