Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    2 x Regen ATMA 1 x Refresh and spam Cure on the undead in Attohwa.

Sounds like it's planned for the next Test Server update first.
    does healing for dmg really skill up healing faster? i always heard of that as a rumor..but since it has always been such a worthless skill before no one has ever been able to give me a proper response
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brayen View Post
    does healing for dmg really skill up healing faster? i always heard of that as a rumor..but since it has always been such a worthless skill before no one has ever been able to give me a proper response
    Yeah, much quicker.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    And? I don't want RDM to replace WHM..... try harder.

Ps. I could care less about a "supporting" DNC. They're powerful enough.
    It isn't about RDM replacing WHM, it is about RDM (and SCH) having some usefulness in this game. WHM has a strangle-hold on curing, while being a superior enhancer and a decent enfeebler. RDM is a stronger enfeebler, but is a slow that has 10% more slow on it worth a party spot considering that anything RDM can land enfeebles on a WHM will be able to do so with ease anymore? No one wants to go back to the Pink Mage days, but as it stands RDM is a complete waste of an alliance spot; curing, enfeebling, and enhancing need to be improved to make the job worthwhile again.
    (1)

We are mad that BRDs and SMNs heal as well as we do...We will look into it
    We are mad that RDM and SCH lack a big heal...We will look into it.

Here you go BRDs and SMNs will no longer heal as well as you, and you have a big heal... Healing still sucks fix it SE.

(how is it that people will gripe and gripe and gripe no matter what this company does.)

But ya enhancing and enfeebling need to be adjusted. As I mentioned above (which is the fairest way to implement this. and puts RDM and SCH at the head of the pack in terms of skill based improvements.)
    (3)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by brayen View Post
    As a White Mage that is currently less then two points from capping their Healing Magic skill, some advice.

If your skill is really, really low, go there-forth and PL, someone will thank you for it.

If you feel like power leveling it, go to Abyssea-Attohwa and find the EP skeletons, wear as much PDT gear as possible (Earth Staff, Twilight Torque, and Cheviot Cape should do, but more is better), and equip Atma of the Mounted Champion, Atma of Vicissitude, and Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity. Bonus points if you can sub Red Mage for Phalanx, but this should be unnecessary. Spam cures, the Regen from Atmas should take care of everything.

Finally, aside from nuking undead with cures (which is only a good idea for skilling up btw, and Banish spells are only a good idea for the defense down on undead) skillups go something like this: Status Removal > Healing Damage > Healing No Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    No one wants to go back to the Pink Mage days
    The Pink Mage days come back the second you can do the majority of content with a healer that is just barely, with lots of pain and strain, and undoubtedly will cause high burnout rates, just hardly barely good enough to fill the curing position while having superior MP longevity against a White Mage. If people don't want those days to come back then Red Mage must never be close enough to fill the role just barely. It is a very tight balance position.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of information on these changes, but if they make Healing Magic skill useful, I won't mind White Mage's stranglehold on curing being diminished (and I definitely see hints that it is diminished just by my ability to cure more and more situations without even busting out Cure V these days), it has been something I've been asking for a long time. Of course, we could use more information on what they intend, but so far my reaction is mostly positive. I really would hope that Cure V/VI scale in MP efficiency with this change regardless of if their cure amounts change much, but this will be forgivable if we cannot convince SE.

The best of wishes go out to Red Mages, Scholars, and Paladins - the healing arts are our greatest weapon, and soon will come the day of reckoning where undead once again fear 99999 damage cures, everyone can make a massive impact when it comes to stoppering death, and Healing Magic is finally useful!
    That said, if other jobs really do steal the healing spotlight back again, then I have but one demand... White Mage melee must be allowed to rule supreme - SE will have to restore Auspice to its former glory and increase its duration to scale with Enhancing Magic, and those are just the start.
    (3)

I really would hope that Cure V/VI scale in MP efficiency with this change regardless of if their cure amounts change much, but this will be forgivable if we cannot convince SE.
    Cure 3 and Cure 4 have me all hot and bothered as a WHM right now, its going to be sweet to gain mana casting these.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    Cure 3 and Cure 4 have me all hot and bothered as a WHM right now, its going to be sweet to gain mana casting these.
    Gain mana? If you mean the AF3+2 pants, you can only negate the cost of a spell - it never gives you more then you put in otherwise Cura spells might actually be useful (oh wait, they still wouldn't, Curaga spells).

If this isn't what you meant, can you please clarify? I don't understand what you mean.
    (2)

yes i look at is as gaining 44MP I can use that elsewhere right away. Makes for very efficient casting. I guess saving MP would have been a better way to state it.

But free heals is mana I can use on other spells (Banishes, Holys etc).
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    [*]Cure Potency
    Cure potency will be affected more significantly by healing magic skill. If a player has high healing magic skill, cure potency will be greatly increased, but low healing magic skill will have almost no effect on cure potency. The effect of skill level on cure potency will vary based on the type of cure, but cures lower than Cure V will be affected the most. Note that Curaga, Cura and Waltzes will not be affected.
    • Cure I-IV: Up to 1.4 times the normal cure potency
    • Cure V-VI: Almost no change
    This part sounds good. Red Mage, Scholar, and Paladin gain more curing power and White Mage gains even more MP efficiency on lower tier cures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    With this adjustment combined with the increase of cure potency mentioned earlier, we would like to increase opportunities for mages jobs other than white mage to serve as healers.
    The Development Bros should keep in mind that people aren't going to wear equipment or use abilities that actually make individuals and groups perform worse rather than better, so I wouldn't count on this part of the change actually changing anything.

Still, nothing is being made to suck more, so I'm happy about that.
    (1)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What about Blue Mage? Will healing magic skill new formula work on BLU spells too?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast