Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Battle Balance Adjustment: Cure Potency

Since increasing the level cap to 99, we have been making systematic adjustments to jobs, battles and various other parameters.

The reason being that since our original plan was to maintain the level cap at 75, it was necessary to make adjustments to allow continued growth up to level 99 and to be able to add other types of new content.

We plan on addressing the following three issues with the next round of adjustments.
    • Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
      We will be removing the instances of enfeebling magic not taking effect on monsters and HNMs that have resistance to specific elements. A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.
      ※Spells will not take effect every time and spells may still be resisted if your enfeebling skill is low. Monsters with high resistance will be enfeebled for a shorter amount of time.
    • Cure Potency
      Cure potency will be affected more significantly by healing magic skill. If a player has high healing magic skill, cure potency will be greatly increased, but low healing magic skill will have almost no effect on cure potency. The effect of skill level on cure potency will vary based on the type of cure, but cures lower than Cure V will be affected the most. Note that Curaga, Cura and Waltzes will not be affected.
      • Cure I-IV: Up to 1.4 times the normal cure potency
      • Cure V-VI: Almost no change
      With this adjustment combined with the increase of cure potency mentioned earlier, we would like to increase opportunities for mages jobs other than white mage to serve as healers.
    • TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
      We will be adjusting the specs of save TP so that it serves as the minimum possible TP amount gained through using a weaponskill. In other words, the greater the amount of TP gained through the weaponskill and the save TP value itself will be the actual TP gained.

For example:
      • Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 25: 25TP
      • Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 15: 20TP
      • Save TP value is 20, weaponskill misses: 20TP
      The TP gained after using a weaponskill will be more stable, but there will be fewer instances where players gain a very large amount of TP through one weaponskill. Also, with the adjustments to save TP, samurai’s job ability Hagakure’s save TP effects will be increased.

We would like the discussion in this thread focus on “Cure Potency” exclusively.

For the other two topics, please refer to the following threads:

Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20484 
    TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20483
    (10)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

I'm starting to think you guys are using Balance on purpose now :P

Good Adjustments, Some of them. TP Gained through Weaponskills though... I guess its just 1 nerf amongst 2 buffs. Can't complain!

Thanks for the update Bayohne ^^
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I can't complain about this, I'm just glad RDM will no longer heal for so little.
    (0)

The TP change constitutes a massive COR nerf, making our strongest roll (Miser's) effectively useless outside of Voidwatch.

Should've known, really. We've been waiting on our third roll for a year, and instead we get a buff to our strongest. Guess we don't really need 3 rolls if all the good ones get nerfed =/.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I can't complain about this, I'm just glad WHM will no longer heal for so little.
    ftfy

WHM Cure IV would cost about as much as a Cure III after this patch with AF3+2 pants. This makes them even more MP efficient and potent. It helps RDM a little bit and helps WHM a lot.

Edit: None of this helps a supporting DNC at all.
    (4)
    Last edited by Byrth; 02-04-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Healing:

Implemented exactly how I personally wished it would be. Would love to see something similar applied to Enhancing skill to separate the native casters from those attaining abilities through sub jobs. For example a /WHM or /RDM casting haste for 15%. The same value as a RDM or WHM main. Enhancing Duration/Potency.

EX RDM or WHM casting haste scales to 20% (a 33% increase to potency over 50 levels of skill or a .63% increase per level, or approximately a .10% increase per skill point.) with a 33% duration increase (3 minutes > 4 minutes.)

Lets WHM and RDM cast a better haste, less often, and keeps a BRD/RDM's (for instance) ability to cast a 15% haste for 3 minutes. (should be applied similarly over the buffs each enhancing class has.) Clearly sets a distinction of jobs with skill and without skill.

I don't have anything to comment on regarding the healing change, exactly what I suggested a long time ago, perfect fix to an age old problem.
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    ftfy

WHM Cure IV would cost about as much as a Cure III after this patch with AF3+2 pants. This makes them even more MP efficient and potent. It helps RDM a little bit and helps WHM a lot.

Edit: None of this helps a supporting DNC at all.
    And? I don't want RDM to replace WHM..... try harder.

Ps. I could care less about a "supporting" DNC. They're powerful enough.
    (3)

DNC is powerful, if damage coming in is slower than the dreadfully long recast that a Waltz V can cause. DNC is a simple fix though, split the waltzs from the same timer. Not like they can be spammed anyway since they depend on TP to use, and a couple CW's will leave you with little to no TP real quick.
    (1)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    thats up to a 40% bonus on cure 1-4?
    question now would be how much to reach the 40% value on cures(god knows my healing skill is low as all hell, so hard to skill up).
    also, is this stuff being addressed for the upcoming (live) server update? or still just in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    DNC is powerful, if damage coming in is slower than the dreadfully long recast that a Waltz V can cause. DNC is a simple fix though, split the waltzs from the same timer. Not like they can be spammed anyway since they depend on TP to use, and a couple CW's will leave you with little to no TP real quick.
    while it is true, any decent dancer should also be gaining tp very fast. the fix i would say should be splitting AoE waltz, healing waltz, and single target waltz. then look into adjusting recast timers as needed
    (0)
    Last edited by brayen; 02-04-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brayen View Post
    thats up to a 40% bonus on cure 1-4?
    question now would be how much to reach the 40% value on cures(god knows my healing skill is low as all hell, so hard to skill up).
    also, is this stuff being addressed for the upcoming (live) server update? or still just in the works?
    2 x Regen ATMA 1 x Refresh and spam Cure on the undead in Attohwa.

Sounds like it's planned for the next Test Server update first.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast