Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    And? I don't want RDM to replace WHM..... try harder.
    The point was that even if you could do all content with a Red Mage, White Mage would be a better choice. They're more MP efficient and have better offensive buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Edit: I'm not entirely sure if the op is saying that the 50 cure potency will be passed from this healing magic update or not. To Bayohne, are you saying that the 1.4 will be applied to the current cure potency the player possesses (for instance, 50 cure potency times 1.4 to get 20 added cure potency)or would there be no boost at all?
    (0)
    Last edited by Vagrua; 02-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    What about Blue Mage? Will healing magic skill new formula work on BLU spells too?

does blu have healing magic skill? might work if rdm sch whm or pld sub it though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mageoholic; 02-04-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    Idk. With this update, a RDM with a full Cure Potency set could possibly hit 850-900 Cure IVs. (Maybe more depending on their cure set) That, along with their insane fast cast and enfeebles, make a good contender.

I calculated a regular Cure IV w/ full 50 cure potency set and 100MND times 1.4 to get those numbers. That's not to say that maybe only a WHM with capped healing magic could hit the 1.4 boost to the spells.
    White Mage can do the same thing and get 5% MP (42~45 MP) off the casting cost. You should really be comparing the 5% improvement given by Dia III (compared to Dia II) to Boost - STR.
    (1)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    White Mage can do the same thing and get 5% MP (42~45 MP) off the casting cost. You should really be comparing the 5% improvement given by Dia III (compared to Dia II) to Boost - STR.
    That would be 25STR vs 5% defense down if I'm reading my source right.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yep! Outside Abyssea, 25 STR is about +6 base damage and +12~13 attack. For 1H weapons, +6 Base damage is a lot. Also, the Boost spell only has to be cast once every 5 minutes and costs very little MP while Dia III would have to be cast on every monster.

Additionally, WHM can sub THF and not lose -na spells. I have a mule with RDM and WHM, and RDM only gets used in Salvage. If I could cast Temper and Gain-STR on party members, it would probably get used in Dynamis too. As it is, and as it will be, WHM is more MP efficient and offers better offensive buffs. It isn't like I'm choosing WHM or RDM because of Cure V in those events.
    (2)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Yep! Outside Abyssea, 25 STR is about +6 base damage and +12~13 attack. For 1H weapons, +6 Base damage is a lot. Also, the Boost spell only has to be cast once every 5 minutes and costs very little MP while Dia III would have to be cast on every monster.

Additionally, WHM can sub THF and not lose -na spells. I have a mule with RDM and WHM, and RDM only gets used in Salvage. If I could cast Temper and Gain-STR on party members, it would probably get used in Dynamis too. As it is, and as it will be, WHM is more MP efficient and offers better offensive buffs. It isn't like I'm choosing WHM or RDM because of Cure V in those events.
    If we really talk about optimal lowman for things like dynamis/salvage etc. then... BLU/dnc+brd/thf :P
    (0)

8. 02-04-2012 09:06 PM
    Reason
    reason below

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Seems theres no edit button on the mobile viewed webpage. Ill delete the above when i get home.

Will the emnity generation for cure 4 still remain the same? Im surprised noone has touched upon it yet...
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    Seems theres no edit button on the mobile viewed webpage. Ill delete the above when i get home.

Will the emnity generation for cure 4 still remain the same? Im surprised noone has touched upon it yet...
    Of course it will, that was always the downfall of Cue IV.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    does blu have healing magic skill? might work if rdm sch whm or pld sub it though.
    Assuming it does have a big impact, you'd want to sub Scholar for Light Arts. The question is whether Blue Mage cures are boosted enough to counter losing Cure IV (and Haste, Refresh, and whatever else /RDM gives, or Haste, Curaga, and Stona if /WHM). I somehow doubt the impact will be big enough to make people goes /SCH though.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast