Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tptn937 View Post
    So what was the point of the enfeebling magic update if we still can't land sleep, break, silence, gravity on NMs?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handwaving
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Some PPL have been blind to that fact for some reason ^^

But yea, the fix is sounding good. Just new some new unique enfeeble's to top it off.
    Which is why they'll balance it by not giving RDM anymore unique enfeebles.

The fact of the matter is, Geo will get unique, un-resisted enfeebles, that while yes will stack no other job will get similar ones for them to stack.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Also, one of the aims is to make Red Mage’s enfeebling spells much more useful, and as a result of exploring this we decided to make it so that the immunobreak system is only for enfeebling magic skill.
    1. Is Immunobreak available to jobs without Enfeebling Magic Skill that sub RDM?
    2. Does actual enfeebling magic skill play a role in the amount of immunobreak gained for resisting?
    3. Will RDM get (unique) traits to boost immunobreak chance/amount?
    (3)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Okay, when I said make it enfeebling-magic based, I didn't mean the immunobreak should easily work in the low 400's, so that every fucking jack and jill mage job could fucking debuff anything worth a damn. This was to help Red Mages, remember?

There is seriously no going back to to playing Red Mage for endgame purposes if SE doesn't put any unique, useful and worthwhile spells out soon, as well as make any NMs worth using enfeebling on. OR! SE could make it tougher to immunobreak so RDMs have an incentive to have the end-all be all top number debuffing skill required to immunobreak.

I swear to god, I'm just tempted to learn how to program SE's new mechanics myself and help them get the right idea across. >.>
    (3)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 07-27-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Please let the amount of resistance lowered through Immunobreak be dependent on high enfeebling magic skill and, to a lesser extent, INT/MND, and give Red Mage a Job Trait that increases their likelihood of causing an Immunobreak.

Furthermore, I'd like to see one or two things added to Saboteur; perhaps "If the target has suffered an Immunobreak, the magic accuracy of the next enfeebling magic spell cast will be increased drastically," and/or "If the next enfeebling magic spell is resisted, the target will suffer a severe Immunobreak."

These changes would help Red Mage truly take advantage of Immunobreak more than any other job.
    (2)

Greetings!

We received some feedback that enfeebling effects such as slow and paralyze have seemingly been ineffective for certain boss monsters whose normal attacks are AoE attacks. In order to bring out the full potential of enfeebling magic effects we would like to address this phenomenon. To start with we will be making adjustments during next week’s version update so that paralyze and killer effects are elicited.

In regards to slow, we are still looking into this and need a bit more time due to the fact that the processes involving it are more complex.
    (33)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    so it sounds like what you're saying is that paralyze and killer effects will be able to prevent WS like tp moves from being executed... ?
    (3)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    So long as it applies ONLY to said monsters "whose normal attacks are AoE attacks," awesome! Keep up the good work!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Inb4 they accidentally make this affect player WS too and then don't fix it for 2 years.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Their talking about how Ironclads and other monsters don't have regular attack rounds and instead their "aoe regular attacks" are job abilities. Previously Paralyze / Slow would do jack sh!t to those monsters, now Paralyze can proc on those aoe regular attacks though they don't have a mechanism to implement slow.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast