Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Some immunities are to be expected. An Ice Elemental should be outright immune to Paralyze, but very resistant to Silence. And a cast-heavy NM would be expected to be immune to Silence (since it's an on-off debuff), but not to Paralyze or Slow.
    No.

Immunities are a big part of how Red Mage got stuck in the hole it's currently living in. Implementing immunities in any capacity is irresponsible and risks development slipping back into its old patterns. Devs want something to be immune to an enfeeble? Too bad, you can only give it high resist rates.
    (0)

There has to be immunities. Now who should know better?

Im sorry but Elementals should be immune to their natural element, and Highly susceptible to their weakest element (Water>Fire, Fire = Fire) and neutral to all else.

Mobs have elemetal alignments (we have known this forever) and I can tell you for a fact it is true. ENblizz for example has (had at the time of testing im sure all are capped at the 95% limit now) a higher MACC rate on Colibri, while Wind is Resistant to it.

This should be carried forward. On non elemntal based mobs there should be a high level of resistance, on one element, but a high weakness to the opposing element (WATER > FIRE), with the rest neutral. Given a C skill you could argue that a High Resistance might be an A (meaning a RDM would need skill+MACC to have a high land rate) and a High Weakness Might be an E (or an F) allowing RDM to wear a large potency set.

The only issue I have with that is gear is cumbersome and dragging around 100 MND and 100Skill for unique casting is stupid. Enfeebling should see resistances both high low and in between, Elementals should be immune to their native element. But enfeebling skill should impact MACC and Potency. Having to carry 2 sets of gear for one spell set is silly.

Gear Sets.
    Healing CP+
    Nuking MAB+
    TP = Haste+
    WS = ATK+
    Enhancing = Enhancing+
    Enfeebling = Enfbeebling+, INT+, MND+

Lets lose those two last groups and have native Skill impact MACC and Potency, have INT and MND as secondary mods. Essentially it emphasizes the Skill levels RDM have (stronger magic on stronger foes.), It also provides more room for other gear, such as melee sets, and adds to the illusion of RDM being a versatile job.

This is essentially the same change that was made for healing magic, except you are adding potency to spells, VIA skill. This would be the most universally fair adjustment, as BLM WHM and SCH can all benefit from this as well, and RDM (being the naturally proficient enfeebler) will be a little better suited in newer harder content.
    (4)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

There were a few questions in regards to the enfeeble adjustments that we wanted to answer.

For those asking if additional effects on WS will rely on enfeeble skill once the adjustment takes place the answer is no, as the proc rate for a weapon skill’s additional effect is determined by the respective weapon’s skill rank (A, B, C, etc.)

In regards to whether or not these enfeeble adjustments would be applied to other enfeebling type effects from bloodpacts, songs, ninjutsu, and blue magic spells, etc, yes, these changes will be applied to any type of enfeebling effect that relies on skill. Also, automaton magic skill level will play a part in the calculation of enfeebles. However, additional effects on equipment (like Additional Effect: Silence) will not be subject to these adjustments.

When it comes to magic that enemies use, it will remain as it always has. These can be resisted through effects from bar-type spells, so they will not be affected by the adjustments.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    When it comes to magic that enemies use, it will remain as it always has. These can be resisted through effects from bar-type spells, so they will not be affected by the adjustments.
    Woah, hold up. What kind of bar-type spells are you referring to? Barelement or barstatus? I know this is being somewhat semantic but we've had some confusion between the two in the past so it would be nice to have them identified separately unless referring to both.

I don't recall ever having seen a resist from a barstatus spell, only slightly shorter durations.
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Barstatus spells do give resist potential. All they do is increase the 'resist <status>' traits, effectively. The chance to fully resist is small but it is there. You have really never seen "Resist!" messages when enfeebles are cast on you before?
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Just want to give some recent personal feedback I have regarding this issue.

You know what's really lame? When fighting the VWNM Bhishani (Pixie) and over the course of four fights you get two HQ Light Elemental Bard Song hints.

Really? Light Elemental debuffs... on a Pixie... x.x Lovely.

So while Pixies may not completely resist light debuffs like Finale/Dark Threnody, they're pretty much coded to have a 95% resist rate since Pixies are Light/Wind based or somethin or other.

Basically here I am spamming the living crap out of Finale/Dark Threnody in close to the best debuffing set for Bard (in hindsight, I should have just casted in recast gear to spam more often, w/e x.x).

Every Finale/Dark Threnody just kept getting resisted, until at one point where I got hit with a stray Norn Arrows (AoE Dmg + Encumbrance). So now I'm devoid of all gear (and perhaps most importantly, my Gjallarhorn) and I figure I'll just keep casting Finale/Dark Threnody and funny enough, they both land.

Another similar example could be fighting Qilin and needing to land Slow/Elegy on it. I really hate situations like these. It's extremely frustrating when you work to have the gear for the best possible debuffing set (and in the case of Bard, have a Gjallarhorn), and monsters in situations like this will STILL resist you 95% of time.

When I have the same resist rate naked as I do with full debuffing gear and a Gjallarhorn... I think there's a problem.
    (13)

Player
    Same goes for Wyvern breaths. Even with Threnody and San Ninjutsu, there's no way a Wyvern will use Lightning Breath on Qilin bwcause his Lightning Resistance is still going to be stronger than his Wind Resistance by probably about 200-300 which is more than Enspell II/Threnody/Ninjutsu/AMII will lower it by.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to whether or not these enfeeble adjustments would be applied to other enfeebling type effects from bloodpacts, songs, ninjutsu, and blue magic spells, etc, yes, these changes will be applied to any type of enfeebling effect that relies on skill. Also, automaton magic skill level will play a part in the calculation of enfeebles. However, additional effects on equipment (like Additional Effect: Silence) will not be subject to these adjustments.
    I hope the the broken Blue Magic additional effects, such as those of Tourbillion and Barbed Crescent, are fixed by accident while stuff is being adjusted on purpose.
    (6)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Oh and also

Inb4 Requiem still doesn't land on anything of value.
    (5)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Barstatus spells do give resist potential. All they do is increase the 'resist <status>' traits, effectively. The chance to fully resist is small but it is there. You have really never seen "Resist!" messages when enfeebles are cast on you before?
    Only with "Bar-Element" up.
    (2)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast