Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Battle Balance Adjustment: Resistance to Enfeebling Magic

Since increasing the level cap to 99, we have been making systematic adjustments to jobs, battles and various other parameters.

The reason being that since our original plan was to maintain the level cap at 75, it was necessary to make adjustments to allow continued growth up to level 99 and to be able to add other types of new content.

We plan on addressing the following three issues with the next round of adjustments.
    • Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
      We will be removing the instances of enfeebling magic not taking effect on monsters and HNMs that have resistance to specific elements. A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.
      ※Spells will not take effect every time and spells may still be resisted if your enfeebling skill is low. Monsters with high resistance will be enfeebled for a shorter amount of time.
    • Cure Potency
      Cure potency will be affected more significantly by healing magic skill. If a player has high healing magic skill, cure potency will be greatly increased, but low healing magic skill will have almost no effect on cure potency. The effect of skill level on cure potency will vary based on the type of cure, but cures lower than Cure V will be affected the most. Note that Curaga, Cura and Waltzes will not be affected.
      • Cure I-IV: Up to 1.4 times the normal cure potency
      • Cure V-VI: Almost no change
      With this adjustment combined with the increase of cure potency mentioned earlier, we would like to increase opportunities for mages jobs other than white mage to serve as healers.
    • TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
      We will be adjusting the specs of save TP so that it serves as the minimum possible TP amount gained through using a weaponskill. In other words, the greater the amount of TP gained through the weaponskill and the save TP value itself will be the actual TP gained.

For example:
      • Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 25: 25TP
      • Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 15: 20TP
      • Save TP value is 20, weaponskill misses: 20TP
      The TP gained after using a weaponskill will be more stable, but there will be fewer instances where players gain a very large amount of TP through one weaponskill. Also, with the adjustments to save TP, samurai’s job ability Hagakure’s save TP effects will be increased.

We would like the discussion in this thread focus on “Resistance to Enfeebling Magic” exclusively.

For the other two topics, please refer to the following threads:

Cure Potency
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20485 
    TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20483
    (13)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Thank god, I'd rather partial resistance than complete resistance like it currently is.

All I can ask on top of this is: Will you possibly make to checks for Gravity so if the -movement speed doesn't hit the Evasion down has an additional chance to hit and activate without it.
    (3)

Player
    Gravity is one status, Weight. The resistance to it by 99% of NMs just needs to be removed period. I'm somewhat okay if they think it's so broken it can't land on 1% of NMs but a blanket resistance by all of them post RoZ with what, 3 exceptions? was fucking terirble.
    (4)

Looks like it is still going to be hit or miss, not like Elemental where you can see a small-large resist. They are just removing the resistance entirely from certain NM's. A step in the right direction, but still a ways to go. Most notably being the RDM group 2 merits, of which Blind II being the highest priority no reason a Merit spell must be at 5/5 to match that of the level 44 ninja spell Kuryami.

Either increase the potency of the group 2 enfeebles, or attach enfeebling skill to the potency check to allow spells @ 1/5 merits to actually be noticeably stronger than their T1 versions. (WHM can land a para and slow that is statistically equal to Slow 2 and Para 2 at 1/5 merits for example. Slow>Slow II cap is all of .3 seconds difference, Para: Random is Random, slightly higher chance to proc with T2.)

A step in the right direction more work to do.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mageoholic; 02-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Gravity is one status, Weight. The resistance to it by 99% of NMs just needs to be removed period. I'm somewhat okay if they think it's so broken it can't land on 1% of NMs but a blanket resistance by all of them post RoZ with what, 3 exceptions? was fucking terirble.
    I know, but it doesn't mean they can't change it.

Now we have tier II, they need to do something to make using it possible.
    (0)

Player
    Considering who we're talking about, changing the spell and the status effect it inflicts is most likely not going to happen. Best hope is they just let it work like it's supposed to.
    (1)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hurray! Hip Hip Hu-flippity-rray!!!!!

I'm so glad to see enfeebles are finally getting some attention at long last. That being said, I hope this includes a RDM's merit spells. These are the most insanely resisted out of the entire line of enfeebling magic. It would also be nice to have these converted into natural spells rather than meritable magic simply because of the introduction of the proc system. It forced a lot of RDMs to change their merit schemes simply to continue to be useful in Voidwatch, or just to be excluded entirely.

If I have to spend merits for group 2 can I please have Fencer and that attack/double attack bonus from Chimeric Floret? Or maybe even a job trait that enhances enfeebling potency or enspell damage. Or better still can our spikes and enspells spells have status effects ? Those kinds of things I'd love to blow merits on.
    (1)

Blaze Spikes is the only one of the spikes that doesn't have a status effect, however it does have a higher damage factor than either Ice (paralyze) or Shock (stun).

Enspell II's provide MEVA down, limited in use depending on the target you are fighting (and if it is wise to be in melee range or not), but beneficial if combined with Death Blossom, less MACC gear means more potency gear, for enfeebles, and nukes.

Merit spells need a massive change however, either drop them to scrolls or increase their potency. (especially Blind II).
    (1)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree with the Merit spells and since I just had to take blind 2 for voidwatch I had no idea it was that fail. I'd love for all of them to be converted to scroll. I do think you've a greater point on increases to potency,which would fall in line perfectly with the adjustments of the OP.
    (1)

Id like to see the potency increase myself, I think it is beneficial to not just RDM but everyone who casts enfeebles. In the absence of a RDM this would allow a SCH or WHM to apply stronger debuffs. Of course RDM would be the top of the class, as it should be with its A+ skill.

But man our group 2's suck. (Especially Blind II, mostly because Kuryami does the exact same thing, at lvl 44, with no dINT value associated to it, and not needing 220K Limit points to cap at its 30 ACC down).

All of them are stink @ 1/5 merits, There is no real benefit of going 5/5 in them (mostly because then you have to skip some.) Dia is probably the only one that has a solid use, because it is a static effect that is hands down better than the other spells. Bio is similar but Dia > Bio in most cases except solo/lowman (but sucks at 1/5 because of the duration issues.)

If SE could either buff these spells, change the group 2 merits, or allow for more points to go into group 2 (for all jobs) it would really help out.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mageoholic; 02-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast