Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    If stronger MND/INT/SKILL apply to this new hack method, a well gear RDM should be able to land enfeeble's faster than any other job. Even if another job class can land a Paralyze it may come down to getting it done with 3 cycle's or 10. If that the case RDM will have the advantage.

What RDM need's is unique spell's not native to other job classes that help's bring them into the content. Which has been discuss plenty. Hopefully those are in the works as well.
    New enfeebles will be added, to GEO though, not RDM. In the form of Amnesia, Stop etc...
    (1)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I like Tyrantsyn's idea.

Have the resist hack's potency be dependent on your enfeebling skill as a primary modifier for a resist hack, and spell modifiers (INT/MND) as secondary and we're golden. That way RDM WILL be needed to break resistances quicker, since no one gets serious enfeebling gear like RDM can get. Oh, and don't forget merits to keep it at the top. Not ashamed to have Enfeebling Merits.

Some jobs can get some feasible gear for it, but they're mostly out of the way, so...
    (1)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 07-14-2012 at 02:37 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    New enfeebles will be added, to GEO though, not RDM. In the form of Amnesia, Stop etc...
    I respect what you always say DH, and I feel your pain in the statement. More than anything I'm just trying to put some faith in the Dev team that there listen to us and not just using everything we come up with else where.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Where was this said?
    (0)

Player
    After mucking about on the test server, someone answer me why anyone would waste a whole minute spamming spells to build up immunobreak, just to land one debuff, is worth wasting your time on?

First impressions for me showing that no one will still bring a RDM to any event, since by the time they land something that used to be either immune or extremely resistant, the mob will already be dead. Better off just having another DD as people already been doing in Voidwatch.
    (7)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    After mucking about on the test server, someone answer me why anyone would waste a whole minute spamming spells to build up immunobreak, just to land one debuff, is worth wasting your time on?

First impressions for me showing that no one will still bring a RDM to any event, since by the time they land something that used to be either immune or extremely resistant, the mob will already be dead. Better off just having another DD as people already been doing in Voidwatch.

Very true indeed unfortunately T__________T
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Player
    Looked at kaisha's prelim data and this change is looking pretty laughable, doesn't fix or address anything.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree that we'll probably have to wait until SoA to see if this change actually means anything. CoP, WoG and Abyssea all added unexpected massive game changes...

But right now this implementation just seems really really really ... dumb. Even if WHM, BLM and SCH didn't already have massive beneficial abilities that negate the need for enfeebling to become a tactic on those jobs... Even if RDM could somehow pull ahead in enfeebling over those jobs to actually become useful just for enfeebling, which I doubt like everyone else...

Even with those things, this implementation of enfeeble spam is confusing and maddening. The few times I've played RDM in groups lately I've just gotten to enjoy the relief to buff cycling from the enhancement effect duration of Empyrean +2 and cape. Now I'd have to just replace that with spamming the same enfeebling spell unill it lands?! That sounds like a terrible step backward.

Maybe the goal is to make fights where enfeebling really will be necessary and the presence of a RDM, along with other mages spamming the same enfeeble, will allow that enfeeble to land a LOT faster? So kind of like a Meteor team-cast coordination but with different mage jobs, RDM being the catalyst, and enfeebling instead of damage??? I don't know, I'm trying to think of something good about this but just can't.
    (2)

Player
    The only good thing I can say about this change is that total immunity has been mostly eliminated. Gravity and even Sleep seem to be landing on all kinds of stuff...eventually...eventually ... eventually ...

...eventually...

...eventually...

...even...

...tually...

...ev...

...entu...

...ally...

Resist Hacks need to be changed somehow, unless there's something that everyone who has played with it has missed. Ideally something based on skill or much more potent hacks for the less potent enfeeble, but if that's not possible, a huge change across the board won't put anybody at risk of crippling giant monsters.

As the Resist Hack system looks now, many Notorious Monsters will be dead and barely remembered by their middle-aged grandchildren before anyone has a chance to make those things auto-attack 20~30% slower. Very few monsters rise up after two generations have passed to poke at people in mostly non-threatening ways.
    (1)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Give SCH's Addle.... That is all.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast