Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    What if... a bunch of BRDs and SMNs cast Paralyze to trigger Immunobreak and then a RDM follows up with a full potency Paralyze II?

I know, I know! Maybe the monster would lose one or two auto-attack rounds over the course of the 20 seconds the Paralysis effect lasts!!!!
    (7)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I know, I know! Maybe the monster would lose one or two auto-attack rounds over the course of the 20 seconds the Paralysis effect lasts!!!!
    Oh if only we were so lucky. NMs with those ridiculous resistances also seem to have some sort of potency reduction, even if you ES land a paralyze II in full MND gear, your lucky to see it proc once for it's entire duration. And it'll never proc on a spell, nope para can't be allowed to stop that Meteor, Firaga IV or other high damage spell.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Guppeh
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So anyway, let's come up with some ideas for new enfeebles could possibly be added, that behave differently from existing ones.
    • For instance, how about an enfeeble that blocks an enemy's ability to restore HP (along the lines of the Zombie status effect)? If this is considered too strong, then perhaps a spell that blocks an enemy's ability to merely absorb HP might work. Very situational, but this is true of many spells in existence.
    • Or perhaps an enfeeble that works like the opposite of subtle blow -- Enemy hits grant bonus TP to the player struck.
    • Or how about a black magic enfeeble that works like a reverse-enspell? Physical attacks that strike an enfeebled mob deal extra elemental damage -- but the spell sticks on the mob, not the weapon (thus allowing alliance members and pets to benefit from dealing enspell-like damage).
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    A line of stat-down enfeebles similar to but significantly more potent then what BLMs get.

INT/STR/DEX-down
    Defense Down
    Evasion Down
    Attack Down
    Accuracy Down
    Magic Attack Down
    Magic Defense Down
    Magic Evasion Down
    Magic Accuracy Down

Inhibit TP (technical term for Store TP Down)
    Plague (more then something stupid like 5tp/tick)

Line of "Break" spells that reduce a targeted resistance
    Fire Break (Fire Resistance Down)
    Ice Break (Ice Resistance Down)
    ect..

And finally a form of DT down enfeeble that lowers a monsters damage reductions (though not under zero). This would be similar to WAR's Tomahawk effect.

That would be a good start. It would allow RDM to become a strategic tool for battles, enhancing the zergers or the PLD's holding monsters, ect..

Defense Down, Evasion Down an Attack Down refer to those actual status ailments not to Bio / Dia / Gravity which are separate ailments that just happen to have additional effects. The effect downs would overwrite each other (Defense Down / Evasion Down / Accuracy Down), the stat downs would do the same (Int Down / Str Down) as would the break spells. This allows much leeway to picking the best combo for any particular situation while allowing RDM to work with jobs already present.

I've been asking for these for a long time now, maybe SE will listen. I won't get my hopes up.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    A line of stat-down enfeebles similar to but significantly more potent then what BLMs get.

INT/STR/DEX-down
    Defense Down
    Evasion Down
    Attack Down
    Accuracy Down
    Magic Attack Down
    Magic Defense Down
    Magic Evasion Down
    Magic Accuracy Down

Inhibit TP (technical term for Store TP Down)
    Plague (more then something stupid like 5tp/tick)

Line of "Break" spells that reduce a targeted resistance
    Fire Break (Fire Resistance Down)
    Ice Break (Ice Resistance Down)
    ect..

And finally a form of DT down enfeeble that lowers a monsters damage reductions (though not under zero). This would be similar to WAR's Tomahawk effect.

That would be a good start. It would allow RDM to become a strategic tool for battles, enhancing the zergers or the PLD's holding monsters, ect..

Defense Down, Evasion Down an Attack Down refer to those actual status ailments not to Bio / Dia / Gravity which are separate ailments that just happen to have additional effects. The effect downs would overwrite each other (Defense Down / Evasion Down / Accuracy Down), the stat downs would do the same (Int Down / Str Down) as would the break spells. This allows much leeway to picking the best combo for any particular situation while allowing RDM to work with jobs already present.

I've been asking for these for a long time now, maybe SE will listen. I won't get my hopes up.
    SE Rep response: We are giving those to geo, silly rdm.

Don't lie, you know as soon as you finished reading his post you thought that. Just further showing how rdm will never return to the position it was at prior. The only way this would work out is if the resist-break system was tunneled into a passive trait that only rdm gets at 50+ in up to 3 tiers worth of potency. Congratulations SE on making another blanket attempt to fix something that needs to be more narrow in the form of a fine tuning.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 07-20-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wow, I'm actually surprised they took the enfeebling skill requirement into consideration...but I think we need to realize a couple of things right now:

1. We need to take this as a building block to expand upon RDM's enfeebling effectiveness in the future if RDM does get new and unique spells. Let's not put RDM in the coffin just yet. Keep throwing out enfeebling ideas that will make the job useful for debuffing until they're considered, but let's make sure SE doesn't drizzle them with high resistance rates either.

Also, why shouldn't RDM need Enfeebling merits to get ahead in the immunobreak system? I have them merited even though I don't play RDM much anymore, because it tends to save my ass oftentimes in out-of-control situations on other jobs like my DRK. I mean, sure in a zerg or a balanced party that guarantees no screw-ups won't need RDM enfeebling, but in the case that some oh-s#*% moment happens, it's nice to have it as a trick up your sleeve, especially one that RDM can break through resistances with.

2. GEO Enfeebling from Luopan will stack with White/Black Magic Enfeebling. inb4peoplesayit'llbeirrelevant
    (1)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 07-20-2012 at 06:23 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post

2. GEO Enfeebling from Luopan will stack with White/Black Magic Enfeebling. inb4peoplesayit'llbeirrelevant
    Some PPL have been blind to that fact for some reason ^^

But yea, the fix is sounding good. Just new some new unique enfeeble's to top it off.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What I said had nothing to do with it not stacking with white/black enfeebles. Just that most of saveal's suggestions are already going to be in geo's bag of tricks from what was announced about the job during vanafest. Meaning they wouldn't be giving it to rdm since it would then compromise the uniqueness of geo before it was even introduced to the game. There is still a vast choice of spells that the MMO hasn't touched on that are in other FF titles, but whether or not SE can add these in a "balanced" way is another thing entirely.

When I talk about rdm's place in a group again I mean being able to not just land spells, but have a much higher potency behind them than other jobs could since blm or whm had to wear more +skill gear over +int/mnd gear to land because of significantly lower skill rating in enfeebling. Rdm now has a great deal of gear that adds to accuracy and potency on the same pieces, but the spells are nigh useless to cast due to immunities or the build of the mob that you would want to cast them on. By this I mean high amount of stp/regain to spam tp moves.

We also have pieces that augment composure to increase duration of buffs, but a good deal of our newer desirable buffs are self target only and un-accessionable (meaning we are the prime benefactors of enhanced composure duration outside of a small pool of buffs every other job can give). This leaves me confused and unsure what direction SE has for Rdm, but currently with how game plays out it isn't looking like a highly desirable job within current endgame without some re-tinkering of the rdm spell list, possible spell additions and merit adjustments that would make the spells more worth while to use. As a person who enjoyed rdm for what it was, that is a bit frustrating....more so when you see a blanket fix to the problem that.....doesn't really fix the problem at all.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Anyone find it funny that this system doesn't support Impact at all? Pretty much the best stat debuff in the game, completely unaffected by enfeebling magic.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So what was the point of the enfeebling magic update if we still can't land sleep, break, silence, gravity on NMs?
    (1)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast