Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomen View Post
    I am confused even now as to how conserve tp actually affects anything. Does it work along side save tp to reduce the amount even more? Is it a percentage chance to conserve? Is it useful at all? I weapon skill in conserve tp shoes and I don't personally see a huge tp difference.
    What's known for certain: It's very similar to Conserve MP in some ways and very different in others. The similarity is that equipment only affects the proc rate (base 25%) and not the amount, and the difference is that the amount conserved is always 1 to 20. As you tell from reading this and from your experience, Conserve TP doesn't exactly return buckets of TP.

What's foggier: How Conserve TP does or doesn't stack with Save TP exactly. This is a hard thing to test because it requires time to gain TP, certain buffs on certain jobs, consistency across weaponskills, and some other awful stuff that skips my mind at present.

No one has ever once reported that the two simply stack straight-up, yet this would be very easy to see if a high-end Conserve TP activation that provided 10-20 TP occured in Voidwatch or under the effects of Miser's Roll and only one single occurrence would be needed to prove the possibility. Since that one occurrence has yet to be reported, it seems unlikely they stack in a straight-forward manner if at all.

If they do "stack", it seems more likely that the higher amount between the two simply wins. Given that most sources of Save TP are over 20 at present, this would have the same end effect as the two traits not stacking at all.

It's very possible more people were complaining about Hagakure being adjusted than I originally thought. The many one-sentence-long "They're favoring Samurai because SE employees also enjoy rice balls! I HAVE RAGE!" posts read about the same while I was skimming the topic for meatier posts so I just figured they were from the same handful of people.
    (1)

So I assume SE's silence over the last week since implementing changes on the test server is recognition that they just don't give a damn about our opinion.

A simple explanation as to why a cap is undoable would be kind.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They said they're adding a cap system and a voucher system last week. You can even pick which boss floor you'd like to be capped out.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    They said they're adding a cap system and a voucher system last week. You can even pick which boss floor you'd like to be capped out.
    Edit: Oh, you were replying to the idea that they were silent about all the changes on the test server. In that case, my joke made no sense! I R DUM!
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 03-09-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by datamining from test server update
    Lgn. Gt. Katana 1 Rare Exclusive

Great Katana
    DMG:117 Delay:450 STR+5 Attack+10 "Save TP"+25
    Lv 99 SAM
    here is why they don't just put a cap on save tp
    Now you can start QQ that SAM get everything
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    here is why they don't just put a cap on save tp
    Now you can start QQ that SAM get everything
    Using Tachi: Shoha, a Samurai would already get back 16 TP minimum with that thing. It's very unlikely an extra 9 TP is cutting down on the number of hits needed to reach 100 TP.

All 25 Save TP on a two-handed weapon will really do is let a bro Weaponskill in full Weaponskill damage gear without worrying about Store TP and maybe take a few Store TP pieces out of his or her TP set. It would be an improvement for sure, but very far from going into Voidwatch-mode and cutting one's time to 100 TP in half.

Post-adjustment Save TP will certainly be more useful on equipment than on an outside buff, since it's a lot easier to change your Store TP equipment to match your other equipment than to match a buff you may not have (and that may not be worth having).
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    on itself I agree it's nothing big, stack with atmacite and you save one hit per round(+some extra TP), if you get roll, you're back to pre nerf TP return.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    on itself I agree it's nothing big, stack with atmacite and you save one hit per round(+some extra TP), if you get roll, you're back to pre nerf TP return.
    Apparently, there's a hard cap of 50 now, too.

So, even TP gain for corner cases within Voidwatch is going to be worse than TP gain before the change by about half-a-hit. It's good, but not "before the change" good. I'm not sure what the implications of all this are, because of Regain and other stuff also found in Voidwatch, but the Development Bros really have truly made Save TP less effective across the board.

I'm happy to see a hard cap even though I strongly dislike the main bits of the change to Save TP. It prevents the same problem they've awkwardly solved from just popping up again later and being solved even more awkwardly with even more severity.

I have no idea why I'm taking such an interest in this. I guess the dedication that the Development Bros have to making something worse, which seems far-too-often absent when they attempt to make something better, is impressive to me on some level.
    (0)

Glad they added in the cap like we suggested lol. Too bad they kept their save TP neutering idea as well.

Guess I'll enjoy Misers roll for now then never use it again when the nerf hits. Wish I could get that 500k cruor I spent on that atmacite back.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

No wonder they ignored our plea for a cap. They were doing that anyways in addition to the mega nerfs. Go figure.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast