Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
    Honestly, I would rather have a fast cast trait for Dark Knight. If there is a change to dark seal like someone mentioned, it should effect potency instead. What I would find ideal is maybe say a fast cast trait for elemental magic to lower the cast and recast, lower the casting and recast of absorb stat spells across the board, and add a darkness based spell that's quick or instant to cast with maybe a 5 minute cool down. I think it would be nice like a spell like Kaustra just without the DOT feature that could be effected by potency. Least this way would ignore the issue of having recast times lowered for drain and aspir spells.
    Dark Celerity, not Fast Cast.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

While this may not answer all of your questions, I have some info for you regarding Dark Seal.

The new effect for Dark Seal that reduces casting time for dark magic isn’t meant for spells you cast on yourself such as Dread Spikes. It was designed to be used for offensive magic that’s used against enemies. The meaning of this effect is to reduce the possibilities of being interrupted while casting during fights where you are auto-attacking.
    I've never assumed this would be used for Dread Spikes anyway, so no problems here.

For a dark magic fast cast, we need to look into this a bit more, but we think it would be better as a job trait if we implement it.
    Yes! YES! Please Look into it! I'm just about begging the Dev team for it by now, because we the DRK community have been on their knees for it since the idea was even brought to the table. To be denied it at this point just shreds that tiny bit of hope we have for seeing the job improve in direction the job should go.

Based on the above, I’d like to talk about whether we should change the effect of Dark Seal from a reduction in casting time to a reduction in recast time.

In the hypothetical event that we were to change the effect of Dark Seal to reduce recast time, the effects of adding a merit point would be roughly half of if the effect were reduced casting time.

For example:
    For each merit point added, a 10% reduction in dark magic casting time.

For each merit point added, a 5% reduction in dark magic recast time.
    I wouldn't mind seeing it going into the latter. An additional 5% reduction in dark magic recast would stack more efficiently with Dark Magic Fast Cast, including other forms of casting time reduction. Most Dark Knights like myself don't put more than 1 merit point into Dark Seal, so that we can focus more of our Group 2 Merits into Desperate Blows and Diabolic Eye. Therefore, we believe this is not a big issue.

Also, in the case that we revamp it to be dark magic fast cast (name pending), similar to Elemental Celerity, it would only reduce casting time and it would most likely not be able to have very high values.

The reason for this being that it will allow for constant casting of Drain and other spells and there is a concern about making it too beneficial while retaining the same dark knight firepower.
    An ideal maximum on dark magic fast cast as a job trait would be about 20-25%. If it becomes the case where Dark Seal reduces casting time, and you do give us the Job Trait for Dark Magic Fast Cast, then perhaps lowering the casting time for Dark Seal to 2% per merit would help make the stacked effect not feel so strong?

For a DRK that puts 5 points into Dark Seal, This would put the combination of both the Job Trait and Dark Seal at a stacked 30-35% every 3 minutes. As I've said though, I would find this more agreeable: For each merit point added, a 5% reduction in dark magic recast time.
    (0)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Greetings!

Also, in the case that we revamp it to be dark magic fast cast (name pending), similar to Elemental Celerity, it would only reduce casting time and it would most likely not be able to have very high values.

The reason for this being that it will allow for constant casting of Drain and other spells and there is a concern about making it too beneficial while retaining the same dark knight firepower.

l.
    yet BLM with Elemental celerity and the Magian Staves can exploit much faster magic spam and dmg then we can ever hope to unleash with drain/II
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raucent View Post
    yet BLM with Elemental celerity and the Magian Staves can exploit much faster magic spam and dmg then we can ever hope to unleash with drain/II
    I don't get the post.

He already said it'd only be casting speed, so even casting Drain and even Dread Spikes 50% faster it'd hardly be OP. I could understand both Casting and Recast time, but just casting time makes no sense.
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Drk magic fast cast above anything else. As has been stated here being interrupted is not a problem for casting darkmagic, so recast would be cool.

We are actually talking with community reps about DRK issues, woot!
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Again, Any DRK that has Dark Seal merited more than once should be reducing it to 1/5

Just sayin'
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How is this even CLOSE to being OP?
    Can you please just put +% potency on Dark Seal instead and give us the dark magic trait.

It seems that the idea of "overpowered" varies between jobs, the bar for DRK is hardly above the floor.

We don't have "fire power" to be using in conjunction with dark seal, we don't have:

Darkness Based Nukes / Drain III etc.

There's already an ability that does this its called Manifestation and it allows you to do "overpowered" things every 48 seconds, 50% recast AND 50% fastcast. How does one spell every 3~ minutes even compare?

Drain II or Drain I does not do significant damage.
    Drain II/I get resisted easily and are useless versus many families/types of mobs.

If we had some actual good spells worth casting (you won't even give us Bio III, the closest thing to a Dark magic Nuke) then what are you even talking about?!
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 02-16-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

If there are enough people who wouldn’t mind the above example of changes, then the development team can look into revamping the effect of Dark Seal.
    There is no Dark Knight firepower when it comes to spells.

A spell with low base damage, useless vs multiple monster types, long recast, high casting time != overly beneficial, overpowered spell.

We don't even have Drain III.

For the love of god:

Please like this so the Dev - team might understand.
    (10)
    Last edited by Urteil; 02-16-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Keep the belligerence to a minimal, if you please. They've asked for constructive thought, not a cranky spiel. I can understand your frustration but that approach hasn't and will not work, above all it won't be condoned here. I refuse to permit this to devolve into another whiny 'bitch-fest' thread. (pardon the term) Thank you <3

I do agree, however, Dark Knights have no dark magic 'fire power'. If Camate is referring to the glaring hole that is the elemental magic we have access to well ... I'll be on the floor laughing with you. A dark's MP pool isn't well suited, the mp cost does not facilitate expansive use and the casting time connected to elemental magic itself is abysmal ( thank for the attempt with the Abyss Burgeonet +2, btw but WHY such a horrid slot?).

Also, dark based nukes? I'll leave that to a different thread at a different time. In fact I'll create one.

Continuing, this is why we'd be terribly grateful for a Dark Celerity type trait for what we, the DRK community, have focused upon as our most important spells which we feel falls in line what a Dark Knight is and -does-. This is why the previously stated adjustment to Dark Seal displeased us so greatly. If you would shorten our casting times with Celerity trait, I'd like to see the -recast time option with Dark Seal merits. At a 3 minute timer it certainly won't unbalance anything because the dark magic we tend to cast consist of barely a handful of spells. Please continue to take our thoughts and our more REASONABLE requests into consideration.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    1. Already made that thread, so have other people, countless times.

2. These points have been made time and time again in reasonable fashions.

3. Things like the abyss burgeonet just foster animosity as the thinking behind them is so short sighted it hurts ones brain.

4. When SE says things like "DRK" firepower in relation to spells, I don't really understand how all of you just don't blow a gasket. That's like them saying SMN melee is too strong and are being careful to balance it.
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast