Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    lol please let the door hit you on the way out. BLU doesn't need a nerf, thanks.
    You would say that.

The word is biased, happens all the time. Especially from people who use third-party tools.
    (2)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i love this, i never understood why BSt got TH in the firstp lace, that should really be thief only ( i dont get why ranger has it either)
    (5)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Oh hush, BLU has only properly come in to its own very recently. It's by no means overpowered and certainly hasn't been for "so long".

This is pretty much guaranteed to change nothing unless SE goes out of their way to make BST TH gear ridiculously difficult to obtain, and even I'm not inclined to think them so malevolent. Perle BSTs gotta rock dat Perle though.
    BST pet treasure hunter gear will all come from top tier new Voidwatch of course!
    (5)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    i love this, i never understood why BSt got TH in the firstp lace, that should really be thief only ( i dont get why ranger has it either)
    because thf's were whining that they only got to go places for TH.
    (3)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    An issue was discovered in which the Beastmaster job was inadvertently made effective. This issue will be addressed in a future content update.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    This sounds so real... Sigh.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    BST pet treasure hunter gear will all come from top tier new Voidwatch of course!
    Of course, and by Pet: it will be SMN PUP BST DRG most likely.

That or they'd do it their weird way of including jobs that don't even get pets like RDM.
    (1)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    If it should be THF only, then yes, take it away from RNG. Why should RNG get TH2 when a BSTs THF pet gets TH1 only?
    (9)

Character
    Elleanore
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Pet with TH1 to start with, then comes gear, even if from high tier VW, that's where best gear comes from anyway. As for now anyone can burn BST to 99, buy perle and jugs and make 200 coin/run. That nerf only sounds reasonable to me.
    (2)
    Last edited by Elleanore; 02-03-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    I'll laugh even as I eat crow if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    You would say that.

The word is biased, happens all the time.
    Appeal to motive while simultaneously trying to present oneself as an unbiased party. That's quite the trick, but it doesn't make for a sound argument.

Especially from people who use third-party tools.
    Ironically, third-party tool users are probably in a better position to argue that BLU is overpowered given that the shifting nature of BLU is not efficiently compatible with FFXI's limited macro palette. You can definitely make it work with a little effort though.

Is it a strong job? Yes. Its capabilities as a frontline DD and support unit have finally reached a point where it's a good (but not overwhelming) DD that can also provide a degree of support to the more powerful offensive units around it and also has some debuffing capabilities, though the most powerful ones (hello stun) have their limitations (95% hitrate cap, forced choice between roles when examining weapon selection). Overpowered? No. I'll call it overpowered when you consistently see more than one in an alliance as opposed to the steady wave of MNK/WAR/SAM.

Word can be biased, but math less so and the game's mechanics are not so convulted as to disallow ready scrutiny of one's calculations. Any bias would thus be readily exposed.
    (7)
    Last edited by Nightfyre; 02-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleanore View Post
    Pet with TH1 to start with, then comes gear, even if from high tier VW, that's where best gear comes from anyway. As for now anyone can burn BST to 99, buy perle and jugs and make 200 coin/run. That nerf only sounds reasonable to me.
    wow. I never did understand the player hate directed at jobs.

If I don't like a job, I won't play it. If someone else likes it... good for them!

When I heard about Astral Burns, I thought it was cool and itnteresting. it made me want to understand the game mechanics more.
    When I saw how 2-handers use /sam to pile on the tp and self-skillchains, i thought it was impressive
    When I saw BLM''s AoE and mass nuke down legions of Mobs in Abyssea I thought it was sweet!

I didn't think, "they shouldn't have that!" I didn't think rdm/nin should be nerfed forhow it solo's NM's.

bst seems to really offend some players, and I just can't understand it. I started playing as a mnk. i tried out all the jobs. I like bst most and have mostly played bst ever since. Its fun.
    (12)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast