Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    Blu is the last job that needs a nerf. Try SAM and their best friend Tachi: Shoha.

OP: Hey SE, when you give a kid a toy he/she likes and then you take it away, what happens? They cry and are obviously dissatisfied.

Here's a solution: Think before you implement abilities you deem "unbalanced." Think about the short-term and the long-term, evalute it, and then correct it based on those ideas. Throwing well-received abilities in the game then taking them away causes backlash. That should be a given.
    I was being more realistic. SAM is SE's fave that'll never be gimped with you know who back in charge.
    (2)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Yeah, there are alot of words to try to explain this.. but it doesn't make sense.
    The
    1 thf
    2, rng
    3 /th
    4 other

That list didn't exist at 75...
    At level 75 there was TH2 on thf and a bit of treasure hunter + gear. There was no bounty shot. There was not treasure hunter outside thf or /thf.

How can we "restore" balance and order to something that didn't exist?
    Why should it be this way? that really doesn't add up. Why should RNG be better than /thf?
    Why is it not okay for bst to have access to better treasure hunter than than /thf?

Balance? well jugs don't make themselves. There is a cost to it. The balance is already built into the price of the jugs. You pay PREMIUM for Yuly & Falcorr
    Ranger also has a place in VW, and will in Legion. While it might not be as highly sought after for top tier DD spots it still most definitely has a ticket to the show.

While Bst is excluded as per usual. Hey SE why don't you institute some actual balance for a change, and make Bst desirable in your lolEndgame plans.
    (4)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    When does BLU get the nerf hammer, that jobs been OP for so long now.
    Oh hush, BLU has only properly come in to its own very recently. It's by no means overpowered and certainly hasn't been for "so long".

This is pretty much guaranteed to change nothing unless SE goes out of their way to make BST TH gear ridiculously difficult to obtain, and even I'm not inclined to think them so malevolent. Perle BSTs gotta rock dat Perle though.
    (1)

Character
    Elleanore
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    THing shud be left to THFs, not really a nerf in my eyes, just alittle less coin i guess.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Rubbish is as rubbish does.

Guarantee's three things.

1. Goodbye FFXI
    2. Never going to join FFXIV
    3. SE needs to stick to making 1 player offline games and NEVER make another MMO.

Also this is just Absorb TP and Saboteur again, real translation.

"We can't think what to add so instead we'll weaken something to make it the same strength with
    gear, kupo!"

EDIT:
    Because weakening treasure hunter for two pets out of the many available pets BST can use totally ruins the job and makes it more unplayable now than it was before.

/sarcasm.
    (1)

thf solos so damn slow though. I really doubt the TH will put thf on top when I can proc/kill 25-50% more mobs in the same amount of time
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    thf solos so damn slow though. I really doubt the TH will put thf on top when I can proc/kill 25-50% more mobs in the same amount of time
    Duo really help with THF.

I have no problems on THF, Today in Dynamis-Tavnazia(Fixed) as THF + WHM i net myself 300 Currency and about 15 Forgotten Items. Then again, I have Mandau and You'll never see Pink on me.

THF is slightly more demanding than BST, BST Was basically idiot proof to where a gimp could do it. THF you may actually have to gear your job above Aurore... :X (not you specifically btw, a generalization)
    (3)

Rubbish is as rubbish does.

Guarantee's three things.

1. Goodbye FFXI
    2. Never going to join FFXIV
    3. SE needs to stick to making 1 player offline games and NEVER make another MMO.

Also this is just Absorb TP and Saboteur again, real translation.

"We can't think what to add so instead we'll weaken something to make it the same strength with
    gear, kupo!"

EDIT:
    lol please let the door hit you on the way out. BLU doesn't need a nerf, thanks.
    (1)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
    -Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    As much as I disapprove of reducing Treasure Hunter on Beastmaster I am curious about the "Pet: Treasure Hunter" gear. At least make the gear reasonable to obtain for Beastmasters and other pet jobs alike. That leads me to my question will these "Pet: Treasure Hunter +" be Beastmaster exclusive or will jobs like SMN, PUP, and DRG be able to reap the benefits as-well? Either case it could be interesting given their is enough pieces of it and it is reasonable to obtain...

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).
    1. Thief
    2. Ranger
    3. Support job thief
    4. Other jobs
    As for the proposed Treasure Hunter hierarchy why should subbing Thief get you you more Treasure Hunter then having a Thief pet as a Beastmaster? Beastmasters are using their call beast pet slot to call the specific pet with Treasure Hunter as opposed to using a pet that is a better tank. Leaving Beastmasters with treasure hunter isn't game breaking because they aren't going to solo huge mobs with it. Instead it gives Beastmasters a few events they can simply be better at as every job should have its own niche.

※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.
    Aside from disagreeing about the Beastmaster changes I like the idea of adjusting Ranger's bounty shot (or maybe just giving them treasure hunter...) to give people more incentive to bring a ranger with them when a thief isn't around.

The point I'm tying to get at i suppose is, lets not screw around with a job that will most likely not be sought after in new content as it is. Instead you could spend your time making it more desirable? If there's no stopping this Beastmaster nerf lets at least get the "Pet: Treasure Hunter" Gear right Camate. D:
    (1)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Duo really help with THF.

I have no problems on THF, Today in Dynamis-Tavnazia(Fixed) as THF + WHM i net myself 300 Currency and about 15 Forgotten Items. Then again, I have Mandau and You'll never see Pink on me.

THF is slightly more demanding than BST, BST Was basically idiot proof to where a gimp could do it. THF you may actually have to gear your job above Aurore... :X (not you specifically btw, a generalization)
    Maybe, but there's still a world of difference between a bandwagon bst and someone who actually cares about the job. Most of the people who jumped on bst after learning how effective it was in dyna still kill much slower than the few "real" bsts I see running around.
    (3)

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast