Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Who here was crying about injustice when the pet: DT-100% thing was fixed?
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Who here was crying about injustice when the pet: DT-100% thing was fixed?
    It may have been someone, but it wasn't me.
    (0)

The whole thing just feels like being punished without having done anything wrong. Not just the nerf itself, but the vitriol and disdain coming from those reacting gleefully to it. It's way beyond lolJOB.
    I agreed with that. I mean, The nerf has some meaning. But i feel it could have been addressed better.

Its simply, Instead of barking back and forth with eachother (not specifically you), Should come up with workable solutions or alternatives to give to SE That might change the nerf.

Though Frankly, Its a futile Effort. They don't listen and will continue to thrust their "Vision of Balance" in us rather we like it or not.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritreaver View Post
    SMN is already getting Cait Sith.....at some point.

And at the bold, in short - No.
    IF automatons get TH, it would be an attachment... and IF an avatar gets TH, it would be Cait Sith. And yes, this is total speculation.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

I hope Cait Sith doesn't get TH, Thats literally just an Excuse to make another Mediocre Avatar. >_>
    (5)

Player
    Incorrect. No job in the game has the same Strength of TH As Thief does. Your argument is now flawed. Thieves can Obtain a Base TH of 3, Other jobs can only do Base of 2, THF Can obtain up to TH7 in gear, Other jobs only TH3.

Thief is the best Treasure Hunter, That is the jobs Defining Trait. When you see a shout for a Thief, They're not saying "Must have Steal+ Gear", they're saying "TH4/TH5+".
    No, sir, you are the one that is wrong. Tarutaru Sash gives TH+1. It has already been tested, and it gives a full TH3, just as THF gets. All other TH gear doesn't matter, as according to every TH in existence, including Nynja, (and SE themselves it seems from this nerf) TH after that has no effect. So all 10 jobs that can wear that belt are exactly as good at using Treasure Hunter as THF is.

If it was about maintaining THF's TH mastery, SE would need to remove all tarutaru sashes from the game. Since they have not, this is simply a nerf to BST because Nynja and ilk bitched, and nothing more.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    No, sir, you are the one that is wrong. Tarutaru Sash gives TH+1. It has already been tested, and it gives a full TH3, just as THF gets. All other TH gear doesn't matter, as according to every TH in existence, including Nynja, (and SE themselves it seems from this nerf) TH after that has no effect. So all 10 jobs that can wear that belt are exactly as good at using Treasure Hunter as THF is.

If it was about maintaining THF's TH mastery, SE would need to remove all tarutaru sashes from the game. Since they have not, this is simply a nerf to BST because Nynja and ilk bitched, and nothing more.
    You kinda just repeated back to me what i already said. :X

I had said "No Other job has a Base of TH3" Base means "no gear". I go on to say, "They only get a Base of 2" - Then i go on to Say "With Gear, THF Can get TH7" further followed by "A few other jobs can then get TH3 from gear".

Key Words from the above are "Base" and "With Gear". So i said exactly what you did o_o;

Also, TH4+ Does have a noticeable effect over time, Its just Well, Negligible, to the point, In reality, If you're forced to pick between say, a WHM, and a THF, You'd chose the WHM and go /THF. The Thief would be preferable, but the WHM offers more survivability to another tank.

In a lot of situations, Its preferred to have someone /THF because the majority of people, during the time this was advocated, were low-manning and 2-boxing, Looking for the smallest possible party size.

TH4+ Would have been preferrable, but its catered to low man groups.

So Its not "nothing", its just... Very small of an effect. You would need hundreds of kills to verify the difference. Its quite sad. But to say it does nothing is an over-statement that needs reevaluation from everyone i suppose. Including us Thieves.
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    On a scale of 1000 kills, you'll notice the difference between TH3 and TH7. On a scale of 50 kills, you wont notice much difference. Thats what we mean by TH3 is "useless".
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    No, sir, you are the one that is wrong. Tarutaru Sash gives TH+1. It has already been tested, and it gives a full TH3, just as THF gets.
    That is exactly what he said in the text you quoted. Base of two, TH3 in gear. How is he wrong?

All other TH gear doesn't matter, as according to every TH in existence, including Nynja, (and SE themselves it seems from this nerf) TH after that has no effect. So all 10 jobs that can wear that belt are exactly as good at using Treasure Hunter as THF is.
    Wrong. TH has a greatly reduced effect per tier and only compared to the first two tiers (not first three, TH2 is great, TH3 is almost the same as TH2). However, you still notice a significant increase from TH2 (or even TH3) to TH7, which is what THF can get all through gear.

Personally I believe SE is simply afraid of upsetting "the balance". If all TH tiers worked like TH1 and TH2 (rerolls), TH would be incredibly broken at higher tiers (TH7 would be the equivalent of killing a mob eigth time for drop rates), which I can even understand. Though personally I think they should reduce TH1 and TH2 effect but make it the same effect for all tiers.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Jofjax
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think that instead of reducing pet TH to 1, SE should instead lower the level cap of of Yuly and Falcor to 84 or 85 (before merits and Relic +2 Augment), keep the jug ingredients the same (they aren't that hard to get...), and allow Falcor to remain out for 2 hours. This would lower the level of the pet by 15 levels and make merits or relic more desired and prioritize them for any dedicated BST.

Or even going ahead with the nerf, keep the jug ingredients the same and lower the max level of both pets to 85 while making sure NOT to make any +1 TH items weapons...
    (0)

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast