Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Disifer
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    or you know allow BSTs to be able to Charm mobs in abbysea etc. ...... oh wait that made too much sense.
    The whole problem reaches farther than abyssea. It started the day they raised the cap, the job has not been able to use ANY of the new content to their advantage. You can say thats wrong cause they needed to nerf pdt from 100% but that was nothing more than a toy. I could solo Hedjedjet but no proc and sometimes i got nothing. Nothing. Abyssea I was useless in, VW I AM useless in. Only old content will I really shine, is that so horribly bad? Take away TH and you don't decrease people in dynamis, you make me change my setup for salvage from 2 bsts and a who cares to 1 bst and 1 thf and a who cares. Einherjar i go as bst just cause i dont wanna change and it's easy content. Limbus I solo for coins and for omega and ultima pops, TH might affect how many 6k coins i make in a run from 40-60 to 20-30? i'm not there for coins anyways, i do it to kill time.
    (0)

Player
    I don't think either the cause or effect of this change are going to be as Dynamis-centric as this discussion is.

I see it more like this:

The local office supply store was out of liquid paper and toner last Thursday, thus a fog lifted and the Development Bros realized that higher tiers of Treasure Hunter do almost nothing. They were faced with three choices. Make higher tiers of Treasure Hunter suck less, mess with the lower tiers or number of tiers somehow to make something suck more, or do nothing.

It was getting dangerously close to the weekend, with only two or three days left in the week, so doing nothing was tempting. However, one bright fellow pointed out that removing a few tiers of Treasure Hunter from Beastmaster pets would be almost as easy as doing nothing and it would make something suck more. Many ties were worn as bandanas during that afternoon's glorious yet sadly sober celebration.

The effect on Dynamis will be almost nothing.

I seriously doubt a change akin to going from a range of 1.3-1.6 million in currency to a range of 1.1-1.4 million in currency is going to drive anyone away. I seriously doubt a few Beastmasters changing to Dancer will change anything, either, unless they're so poorly equipped that they just flail around and die and so incompetent that they continue flailing and dying day after day.
    (3)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am so happy thank you SE first nerf that was needed back to the Boyahda tree/ ru aun gardens with you bandwagon BSTs please
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    I am so happy thank you SE first nerf that was needed back to the Boyahda tree/ ru aun gardens with you bandwagon BSTs please
    Remember how happy you are about this nerf, when they adjust SMN to make DG work the same as every other job.

... I'm just sayin.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Remember how happy you are about this nerf, when they adjust SMN to make DG work the same as every other job.

... I'm just sayin.
    SMN is rubbish as it is, why would this bother it?
    (0)

I love SMN almost as much as BST but regardless I was trying to make a valid point to a main SMN that he might relate to since it didn't seem he related to the perspective of BST's.

This entire freaking "TH problem" can be fixed by SE making TH stacking actually "work" rather than remain broken, like it is.. TH3 from a naked THF shouldn't have the same drop rate generally speaking as when something dies with (exaggerating) TH100... and presently, I believe it does for the most part...

Ppl on this thread complaining about hoarding of mobs... I have a harder time with the small groups that come in and agro all mobs and sleepga them, trying to keep them all for themselves than I ever have had from a few BST in a zone... So what's next?

The way Dynamis is now needs looked at - whether its a solo BST or some small group taking all the mobs, I personally believe the old zone limits on how many people can enter is too high to be "friendly" in the 99 world. Either Dynamis needs to have a 12 person cap on all zones - perhaps once 12 ppl enter a zone, any additional ppl would enter a different instance of that zone so things could be nicer for everyone all around? Another thought would be that if someone has red claim on a mob, any yellow mob they pull more than 10 yalms from its pop location would de-agro and go back to its pop location regardless of status like sleep/etc..

I hate to say it but.... perhaps setting 'all' mobs 'all' the time to be proc'able by everything, JA/WS/MA but make it a specific one each claim and you still have to guess which JA/WS/MA but wouldn't have to cycle mobs and camps 3 times a game day so each group could set a camp in their SeaCom and we might get more concept of 'respect of camp' that people associate with old xi tradition in xp locations (tho that didn't always happen that's the core of the complaint, lack of respect for others).
    (3)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I love SMN almost as much as BST but regardless I was trying to make a valid point to a main SMN that he might relate to since it didn't seem he related to the perspective of BST's.

This entire freaking "TH problem" can be fixed by SE making TH stacking actually "work" rather than remain broken, like it is.. TH3 from a naked THF shouldn't have the same drop rate generally speaking as when something dies with (exaggerating) TH100... and presently, I believe it does for the most part...

Ppl on this thread complaining about hoarding of mobs... I have a harder time with the small groups that come in and agro all mobs and sleepga them, trying to keep them all for themselves than I ever have had from a few BST in a zone... So what's next?

The way Dynamis is now needs looked at - whether its a solo BST or some small group taking all the mobs, I personally believe the old zone limits on how many people can enter is too high to be "friendly" in the 99 world. Either Dynamis needs to have a 12 person cap on all zones - perhaps once 12 ppl enter a zone, any additional ppl would enter a different instance of that zone so things could be nicer for everyone all around? Another thought would be that if someone has red claim on a mob, any yellow mob they pull more than 10 yalms from its pop location would de-agro and go back to its pop location regardless of status like sleep/etc..

I hate to say it but.... perhaps setting 'all' mobs 'all' the time to be proc'able by everything, JA/WS/MA but make it a specific one each claim and you still have to guess which JA/WS/MA but wouldn't have to cycle mobs and camps 3 times a game day so each group could set a camp in their SeaCom and we might get more concept of 'respect of camp' that people associate with old xi tradition in xp locations (tho that didn't always happen that's the core of the complaint, lack of respect for others).
    Or they could get rid of the whole proc system that created this problem before dynamis becomes dnc onry.
    (1)

Character
    Disifer
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The taurus in tav are like this, but i've tried farming em, you might get 75 coins a run if u stuck to just them. I like the idea but not SE's version of it, what about repop timers?
    (0)

Character
    Lodie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Do you carry 40+ items for the benefit of 1 job only?
    nin- ws, tp, pdt and eva puts me@ about 75/80 with rr toolbags food etc in satchel
    pld- tp, shield, pdt, enm, max hp, mdt, 2 ws sets, cure cheat etc = 80/80
    any job that only carries 40 items you are gimping
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Disifer View Post
    The taurus in tav are like this, but i've tried farming em, you might get 75 coins a run if u stuck to just them. I like the idea but not SE's version of it, what about repop timers?
    Honestly, if they could adjust the proc's for all mobs to be the JA/WS/MA proc full time, the repops might even be less of an issue unless the zone was swarming with people.
    (0)

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast