Character
    Rhubarbicon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Simple Question & no answer anywhere ... please help me out !!!

I am playinging FFXI on the xbox 360, I have the ffxi 2008 edition disc, installed and working great, i have the first 4 expansions up to and including wings of the goddess, My question is this ....... if i buy the abyssea expansion codes .... do i buy the ultimate abyssea edition online with everything included and enter the codes into my square eniq account, which is the cheapest option, but it says pc download? or do i buy the expansion packs seperately for £7.99 each from my account page? will they both activate the content for the 360...........
    secondly once I successfully add the codes to my square eniq account, has the game content been download with the disc i am using (stated above) or do i need the ultimate collection disc 2009? which is rarer than hens teeth .. thanks in advance
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ʒ

Firstly, I can't say for sure as I don't even have an Xbox, but I think the registration codes work with any platform as long as you have the game running (the codes are registered to your account, not the game installation, so to speak).

Secondly, you can not buy anything via the PlayOnline Viewer any longer (if that is what you refer to with "or do i buy the expansion packs seperately for £7.99 each from my account page?"
    In any case, I would recommend the collection as well since it is cheaper than to buy them singularly like I, and many others had to do in the past just shortly before the cheap'o collections came out and I digress... >.<

Thirdly, the add-ons basically use the earlier, "real", expansion packs (or so I think of it), so they can not be downloaded or installed separately either way. Anything they might need will be downloaded and installed by the PlayOnline Viewer if certain expansion packs are installed as well (Rise of the Zilart and Wings of the Goddess).

Lastly, as I said, I don't own, nor do I ever plan on owning an Xbox, so I can't say for sure that it works, but I think that is how it goes and I also think that I've read someone somewhere confirming it in the past.
    Either way, this is just how I think it is so take it for what it is worth, as an experience of mine, and you should not blindly trust it to be the experience you are looking for.

I do hope this helps~
    Good luck!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Pretty much what Dragoy said, I have played on 360 after using a registration code ( reg code from that ultimate FFXI pack on Steam so it only had the one code for all the goodies anyway) to get all the abyssea expansions and the non Abyssea Add ons and everything worked fine. You have the hard part of playing on 360 over with, which is having all the expansion up to WotG installed. Well second hardest if you count the freezing issues >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 02-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can confirm first-hand that adding the codes to your account will unlock content across all platforms. It needs the 'hard' install of the expansions from the xbox discs, which you have, to be able to run on that system.

What you're proposing is the same as what I did.
    (0)

Character
    Rhubarbicon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thanks everyone
    (0)