Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Unknown D Cap Values

Hello fellow Black Mages,

For calculating magic damage, there is still some information that us unknown because it's previously been impossible to ascertain. Mainly what I'm talking about are the fundamental D value caps used in calculating magic damage. The Primeval Brew item has made it possible to reach these caps (if they even exist for all spells.) If you're unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, you can still help out collecting data by posting screenshots of damage.

So, if you would like to help, then any time you end up using Primeval Brew to kill stuff on BLM, please post your damage here. You'll also need to post what your gear and atma were and what you were fighting. If you end up with a bit of time left on your brew, try nuking something else, like a regular mob in the area. The reason being is that most NMs have some magic damage taken -% or MDB that may complicate reverse calculations by requiring more data points. Also, redundancy helps because of random occurrences such as magical criticals and AF3 procs.

This information would be interesting to know to establish maximums for spell damage as well as provide inside into other aspects of the game. Elemental weaponskills, for instance, have similar D values. It's known that elemental weaponskills that have the same M values as some elemental magic also have the same D cap.

Anyways, any kind of data would be most welcome.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I was wondering the same thing but I am rarely on mage in abyssea. and if i am nothing to brew
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Uhhh...the last time I did Alfard with a group to get my Widowmaker I brew him after Blue proc and was doing about 17,500 with Blizzard V. I got REALLY lucky on that one. o.o Three Blizz V in a row cause of apoc.

Oh yeah, gear er... Had Varuna+2 Staff, elemental grip, The +1 BLM AF3 for Head, body, legs, and feet. Clarus stone for ammo. I can't remember the name of the back, its the one that gives +5 MAB I think. Searing sash for belt. All I cant remember for equipment. ><

My atmas were: Beyond, MM, and apoc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Infidi; 03-18-2011 at 12:09 AM.