Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Drstrangelove
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    2) According to the Census it was 6,640 relics at the time of the Census compared to 3.985 the previous year. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui...nsus/10/4.html I'm not sure where you got the 32,000 empyrean number from. It was 27k ish at the time of the Census so that number is probably right or too low. I wouldn't be surprised if there was 10k+ relics at least by now. Still no where near 32k but give it time, relic popularity has gone up recently especially since 90 and 95 trials made many relics equal to if not better than their empyrean counterparts.
    Your numbers are perfectly accurate as of the last census. Admittedly, only SE knows the real number today. While mine was more of a guesstimate, the ratio I used 4:1 was apparently pretty darn close. I'll quote your numbers in the future.

As for the gil hurdle on relics, you can solo farm a relic to 75 in a few months time, there's no gil requirement, and you only need help with the attestation/fragment parts and even those are soloable for some people. People only spend gil because it takes less time to make gil than farm the currency. Empyreans are easy to 90. I don't think anyone would argue against that. Relics are also easy. They only take longer because you're limited to 2hrs of dynamis a day while you can spend as much time in abyssea as you have stones for / get TE's. Both weapons are free if you want them to be and saying "I spent 120 mil on a relic, therefore empyreans should spend 150mil on one trial." doesn't add up to me. It makes no sense to have a huge road block in empyrean weapons two trials after you get the weapon skill/aftermath.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant.
    You have good points that I think I already agreed to. If not, I agree. The currency for relics can be done for free and soloed in about 120 hours assuming you have a few of the correct jobs / subjobs. There are of course other tasks and those aren't going to cost gil either. There's time to get the attestation, fragment, 5 x kills of test NM plus ~1,400 kill-shots. What does that take? 30 hours? Maybe more. Some of these are real hateful time sinks.

If we compare it to empys, they 'can' also be free, and as you said, they will be easier. I'm not going to say you can do one from start to level 90 in a weekend, but people don't take 150 game hours to do them. So empy is certainly well ahead of the relic at that point.

Now, not to debate this, but the currency farming issue is a two-edged sword. If you can do the empy from 75 to 90 in 100 game hours, you can spend the 'saved' 50 hours farming 6,250 currency for ~50,000,000 gil. That opportunity cost is hidden unless we see that while both weapons 'can' be free, the relic is never really free.

People will argue as well that you can buy the pops for empys and do them much faster than 100 hours and in so doing save even more time to make even more gil. I'm not going to argue that. I just want to point out that, they aren't 'equally' free.

3) I agree. On the whole, relics are easier to get to 95 than empyreans. They also cost less gil if you chose to go that route.
    Yes agree

So I guess relics are the easier weapons? The 99 trial remains to be seen. Which is the whole point of this thread. I highly doubt SE is going to ease up on any of the trial requirements than they already have no matter how much we gripe.
    We may not know this for a while. I don't think the relics are cheaper or easier depending on how you accept my point about opportunity cost. But the story isn't clear on rift drops or ADL.

We do need the content for both to stay relevant.
    (0)
    Last edited by DrStrangelove; 02-13-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocchi View Post
    • レリックウェポン
      • 第1段階強化必要個数:5個
      • 第2段階強化必要個数:250個
    • ミシックウェポン
      • 第1段階強化必要個数:3個
      • 第2段階強化必要個数:150個
    • エンピリアンウェポン
      • 第1段階強化必要個数:60個
      • 第2段階強化必要個数:3,000個
    From the JP forum.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    1 weapon level II= 50 weapons.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Erics
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well then. It seems SE is going to keep empys at the same exact number needed. Now lets hope we get a dev response stating HMP and cinder/dross will stay in circulation.

Edit: Well. No reports in the update notes stating anything about HMP and dross/cinder. Come on, SE. Seriously going to leave us in the cold on this? Hell, a dev response saying something along the lines of "There is no planned adjustments for HMP, etc etc" would be better than nothing. This is just starting to get annoying. This is a popular thread and yet we are being ignored.
    (1)
    Last edited by Erics; 02-14-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Got to agree with Erics now i was hopeing there would be something in the notes today, but this is begining to take the piss.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrangelove View Post
    stuff

And FYI, since I just checked, people in this thread, including the OP (who has no relic), post repeatedly in Relic threads.
    I already responded to your tired drivel about this. To bad you didn't bother to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    You have funny posts.

First, I have both a relic and an empyrean, unlike you who has 1 empy (and no relic or mythic) and the OP who has 3 empys (and no relic or mythic). !!

So, of the 3 of us, my opinion, is far more valid.
    I pay for 5 accounts, I have 3 empyreans and 1 relic and about to be 5 ebisu's, which are sort of like relics, if we're comparing opinions and which persons should hold more weight, I've done more then you, I have more then you, and I pay SE 5x more then you, so it's definitely me, so gtfo.

ALSO: If you're gonna claim to be a big shot, maybe you should not hide on a level 1 mule hiding who you are, I doubt you have anything based on the things you've said, and it's not like you've proved anything to anyone. So take your level 1 self and leave my thread before you make yourself look more dumb.
    Where's your proof of your relic and empyrean?

-Posting this again because every time I do you ignore it and disappear from the thread for a few days because you're obviously lying and don't want to be found out.
    (3)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Drstrangelove
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Where's your proof of your relic and empyrean?

-Posting this again because every time I do you ignore it and disappear from the thread for a few days because you're obviously lying and don't want to be found out.
    I don't need to prove I have a relic and an empyrean. You're a real hoot. You jumped in a thread on relics and posted nonstop crap in post after post (after post) when you don't own one. Grats on claiming to pay for multiple accounts (of which one has a relic.) That means you know nothing about getting one. What you know about is paying for an account.

That's typical. Confusing easy preezy with work. Having something does not equate to working for it. That is the one thing you can't grasp yet on empys. You think because you have an EASY PREEZY weapon that makes it equal to the work that others put into theirs.

Good luck on that logic.

You started the thread. At that point, it's up to us to choose to post or not post. Not you. You don't get to make the rules on who posts or doesn't. Please do so for us, although it might be good for you too.

You left for a few days and we got some work done. Good job!
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Jesus, shut up already. You're trying WAY to hard to troll.
    (5)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think the problem is with th item requirements, but where the items come from. LogWatch isn't a fun event, it requires massive numbers of players, and the drop system is pure BS.
    (3)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That and they are making the same mistakes over and over. Alex wouldn't had been that big of a road block if more people did the event. Same thing will happen with emp upgrade items people will tire of VWNM and not bother going back as well as ADL.
    (0)

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast