Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Why are people responding to a level 1 poster?
    Real Character or GTFO
    Sorry if this was brought up lol

ITT: Lieing about having Relics and Mythics is cool
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How has no one brought up to this fool that level 90 emps aren't free based on their opportunity cost? Every brew is worth 500k every emp item from a lot of NMs is worth 300-500k. A lot of pop sets are 50-100k. Depending on how you do your specific emp your opportunity cost could be anywhere from 20-80mil.

It's all about opportunity cost and as long as however many HMPs you need for 95 ends up being worth around 100mil then trials are balanced. Dropping the requirements to 150-300 would skyrocket the prices and balance the cost with relics even if you only needed an amount of HMPs that you could realistically farm yourself in 80 or so hours of gameplay. The ONLY difference is that instead of cruor burning or dynamis farming or crafting to make the gil for your plates you could do VW for roughly the same amount of time. It would still cost you the same amount of gil but you could actually be doing the relevant event. If that doesn't make sense then idk what does.
    (8)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    People seem to be forgetting he's talking about SOLOING here. As in doing it alone, no help, no multi-boxing, noone other but your main character.

You can only hold one pop item at any given time. You can only hold one KI (or set of KIs) at any given time. Meaning you can't aoe kill mobs for pop items/KIs. So lets take Apademak. Kill the appropriate lesser nms and hope for pop items to drop. Or, buy a pop set from AH. Pop Dhorme Khimaira. Hope you can proc red and not die. Pop Apademak and brew it (lololol @ soloing Apademak without brew).

Oh hey, you used your KI for Apademak. Now you gotta do all that all over again, you can't brew lock because you need to make another pop set for Dhorme Khimaira and proc red on that so you will be able to pop Apademak again. Oh and you need another brew for the next Apademak. You'll need to pop a minimum of 38 Apademaks to finish horns. That's 7.600.000 cruor. Or, twenty million gil worth of cruor, if you want. If you don't have 7.6mil cruor, then you need to stop and farm cruor somehow.

Same thing applies for the level 80 and 85 item nms. You can only hold one pop set at a time. And what if you can't proc red? Damn, you have to go back and get another pop set.

So yeah, good luck doing that in 9 days. Solo.
    (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    @^
    have my childrenz (and if you a man just catch the seed and let it die on its own)

Also, don't forget, if you're doing it solo, you can't team up w/ anyone during the pre-80 trials, so you have to camp against, not with anyone else camping those same NMs
    (5)

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    All the bitching about which costs the most between relics and empyreans is pretty silly they are the most balanced they have ever been since the 99 trials were introduced and they are pretty close in total gil spent so its pretty pointless to argue over which is worth more or not.

That been said i think se should man up and just admit they kinda mugged it with the hmp supply and reassure the playerbabse that they are going to increase the drop rate in the next update there is no need to change the amount needed just increase the drop rate or places to get them by a good margin.
    (0)

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by newmonkey View Post
    All the bitching about which costs the most between relics and empyreans is pretty silly they are the most balanced they have ever been since the 99 trials were introduced and they are pretty close in total gil spent so its pretty pointless to argue over which is worth more or not.

That been said i think se should man up and just admit they kinda mugged it with the hmp supply and reassure the playerbabse that they are going to increase the drop rate in the next update there is no need to change the amount needed just increase the drop rate or places to get them by a good margin.
    Just like with mythics I'd rather see a decrease in amount required than increase in drop rate.

SE needs to adjust to 200-300 required
    Same with mythics Alex needs to be adjusted to 8000-10000 instead of 30000

here's why.... Unless SE makes every single NEW voidwatch NM drop heavy metal plates then the content will eventually become ungrindable and Empys in general will not be upgraded as much or often as Relics.
    (3)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And they won't do that because they never allowed mythics to be solo farmable for instance, even now, unlike relics.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Zanece
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    How has no one brought up to this fool that level 90 emps aren't free based on their opportunity cost? Every brew is worth 500k every emp item from a lot of NMs is worth 300-500k. A lot of pop sets are 50-100k. Depending on how you do your specific emp your opportunity cost could be anywhere from 20-80mil.

It's all about opportunity cost and as long as however many HMPs you need for 95 ends up being worth around 100mil then trials are balanced. Dropping the requirements to 150-300 would skyrocket the prices and balance the cost with relics even if you only needed an amount of HMPs that you could realistically farm yourself in 80 or so hours of gameplay. The ONLY difference is that instead of cruor burning or dynamis farming or crafting to make the gil for your plates you could do VW for roughly the same amount of time. It would still cost you the same amount of gil but you could actually be doing the relevant event. If that doesn't make sense then idk what does.
    This post points out one of the biggest problems with the Empyrean 95 trials (and potentially the 99 trials). Up to level 90 I was able to log in, immediately hop into Abyssea, and start making progress on my weapon in some way. I didn't need to spend any gil along the way which let me focus on the relevant content of the time (Abyssea). Now, if I ever want to get my weapon to 95, I have to log in, wait for a VW shout for an NM that drops HMPs, wait for that group to actually fill up, wait for randoms to actually gather at the spawn, and hope to god that my chest isn't flooded with useless crafting materials (despite capped lights, and cells used each time).

With Abyssea I was guaranteed to walk away with something if I did the leg work. With Voidwatch it's a crap shoot on whether I'll get anything. The content that is actually relevant to my trial is just so horribly broken that I have to buy HMPs to finish in a reasonable amount of time. That leaves me doing old, unrelated content (Dynamis) in an effort to raise enough gil. To me it's utterly ridiculous that I can't expect to make reasonable progress on a trial by participating in the content tied to it.
    (5)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't understand why relic/mythic quests sucking so bad means empy has to suck

thats some very antiquated thinking

how about, heavy metal plates gets fixed to a decent number, and alexandrite rains from the sky in new nyzul, and relics take 1 umbral marrow to get to 99
    (4)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybernetic_Empire View Post
    This post points out one of the biggest problems with the Empyrean 95 trials (and potentially the 99 trials). Up to level 90 I was able to log in, immediately hop into Abyssea, and start making progress on my weapon in some way. I didn't need to spend any gil along the way which let me focus on the relevant content of the time (Abyssea). Now, if I ever want to get my weapon to 95, I have to log in, wait for a VW shout for an NM that drops HMPs, wait for that group to actually fill up, wait for randoms to actually gather at the spawn, and hope to god that my chest isn't flooded with useless crafting materials (despite capped lights, and cells used each time).

With Abyssea I was guaranteed to walk away with something if I did the leg work. With Voidwatch it's a crap shoot on whether I'll get anything. The content that is actually relevant to my trial is just so horribly broken that I have to buy HMPs to finish in a reasonable amount of time. That leaves me doing old, unrelated content (Dynamis) in an effort to raise enough gil. To me it's utterly ridiculous that I can't expect to make reasonable progress on a trial by participating in the content tied to it.
    thats my fear too and why I rushed and spammed the hell out of dynamis after the 95 cap. You still see HMP right now. People said wait a few months and HMP price will drop. It didnt. It satayed at 100-150k. But in a few months when they (hopefully) release other content, vw will become irreleveant and HMP will dry out. I might finish my 95 and 99 daurdabla trials before working on spharai99 upgrades, actually, since the empyrean trials are quite doable now, provideded you have gils
    (0)

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast