Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Stormsurge vs Boost/Gain.

Balance. I want it now. WHM has potential to cap their Boost-Spells at +25. RDM doesn't matter because it's lame and unaccessionable... I'm stuck at +12 with Capped Merits onto Stormsurge & Augmented Relic Boots+2. Do something about it SE Devs. This is unbalanced.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Boost spell's intention is to increase stats, Stormsurge is a merit to augment storm spells. There is no need to change this +12 was the best they did, and it's all they should do.
    (7)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Except whm/sch hailstorm + boost int > sch hailstorm . Or firestorm + boost str. Not to mention the boosts are not tied to a storm making them all around superior. Whm could give firestorm and boost-int to the blm instead of firestorm + 7(12) str. It's not as big a deal to me as sch as a some other issues, but it's still a valid argument.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    Except whm/sch hailstorm + boost int > sch hailstorm . Or firestorm + boost str. Not to mention the boosts are not tied to a storm making them all around superior. Whm could give firestorm and boost-int to the blm instead of firestorm + 7(12) str. It's not as big a deal to me as sch as a some other issues, but it's still a valid argument.
    Such is the bonus of /sch

main sch grants a stats bonus, but again you're not understanding this, the stats you gain is a bonus on the storm spells themselves. whm/sch does not gain these and it requires them to do two spells Storm (minus the ones they don't get) then a Boost spell. They are two separate spells, that do two different things.

12 is basically half what WHM can do on the spell line (at max skill: 500) that ONLY does the stats bonus. Seriously SCH is a mix between WHM/BLM stop asking for everything both jobs have it's not happening.

You can't compare casting two spells to casting just the one.
    (7)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    1) If you are sub SCH, you do not get SCH merits. This means if you Storm, there will be no stat change.
    2) I would not be opposed to a rescaling of the Stormsurge Stat Bonus.

As an Elvaan SCH, I would appreciate the rescale to allow me an INT bonus w/ Stormsurge on Hailstorm to compare to a naked Taru.
    FFXI Stat calculator says: the difference is 13. This actually only puts us 1 stat point in Surge between the Highest INT and lowest INT races.
    In the opposite case of MND: Taru only have an 8 MND deficit, so this still works.
    They could up the amount of surge by 1, this would allow Voidstorm and even 4 stat increase base, so this does 'balance', even if it isn't something as dramatic as you want.
    (1)
    Last edited by Einalem; 02-03-2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: sperring

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Heh... indeed.
    Kinda sad but that's the state of the job as of now =/
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Such is the bonus of /sch

main sch grants a stats bonus, but again you're not understanding this, the stats you gain is a bonus on the storm spells themselves. whm/sch does not gain these and it requires them to do two spells Storm (minus the ones they don't get) then a Boost spell. They are two separate spells, that do two different things.

12 is basically half what WHM can do on the spell line (at max skill: 500) that ONLY does the stats bonus. Seriously SCH is a mix between WHM/BLM stop asking for everything both jobs have it's not happening.

You can't compare casting two spells to casting just the one.
    It's not that big of a deal to cast two spells. In a DD pt you won't even have to cast storms and can just focus on gain-str or something. If you happen to have a cor, tossing them a firestorm won't be much of an issue. If your in a mage heavy pt use accession. If for some reason you have a lone blm in the pt with a bunch of melee I guess they'll lose out (though when does that happen?)

Though I guess It doesn't matter, I'm contemplating demeriting stormsurge for the 1 merit strats, since the most I get from it is +7 (12) int during hailstorm.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    It's not that big of a deal to cast two spells. In a DD pt you won't even have to cast storms and can just focus on gain-str or something. If you happen to have a cor, tossing them a firestorm won't be much of an issue. If your in a mage heavy pt use accession. If for some reason you have a lone blm in the pt with a bunch of melee I guess they'll lose out (though when does that happen?)

Though I guess It doesn't matter, I'm contemplating demeriting stormsurge for the 1 merit strats, since the most I get from it is +7 (12) int during hailstorm.
    It's not the point.

2 Spells, when you can do one on SCH main for half the potency, it doesn't need to be more powerful.
    (0)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    How often do you cast windstorm to give wind weather bonus and 12 agi? the only ones that really goes together is int and hailstorm and maybe firestorm and str for wildfire cors.
    (0)

Player
    A gimped version of Boost/Gain as a merit option (and gear option) is down right pathetic.
    A gimped version of Boost/Gain as Scholars best (and pretty much only decent) merit option is SE at their finest.

Repeat suggestion #47: Give Stormsurge +3% weather effect per merit.

inb4 "no double weather because sch doesn't share storm spells with me " and all that other assorted idiocy.
    (7)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast