Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As a couple players in this thread have already stated, Boost/Gain spell’s sole effect is to increase stats. On the other hand, scholar’s storm spell’s main effect is to give weather related bonuses and as an additional bonus they also give a slight increase in stats, which is why they are not as high as other stat enhancing spells.

Something I would like for everyone to keep in mind when asking for adjustments and changes is that each job has various facets that are very different, including their spells and abilities, and it’s not always an easy comparison of “Why does X job have this, when Y job has only this?”

With the above in mind, if there are any suggestions for aspects you would like to see improved, list them out and I will be happy to let the development team know.
    I'm not spending merits to give people weather, i'm spending merits to give them a pathetic stat boost.

See the problem?
    That^
    They are different abilities sure (Talking to rep) but you are talking about merit boost.

there is no merit that is called "Boost: Boost/Gain spells"

Also remember a RDM/SCH can give themselves a bigger stat boost and weather and that whm/sch can give anyone weather and a stat boost.

(Have not tried but can arm AOE those stat spells off Accession? T^T)

Point is where is the balance of WHM subbing our spells but we can't sub theirs?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-25-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    RDM can't aoe any of its self cast only buffs, that's one of the reasons they`re irrelevant.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If only these so called weather bonus is giving 15% bonus damage to WS skill chain on the correct elements similar to the gorget and obi, and stack with them.... then you can see why you would want SCH to dispense these corresponding weather.
    (1)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Fact: SCH seem to like weather more than stat bonuses!
    Fact: SCH Definitely want Double Weather!
    Fact: Difference between potency in Single to Double weather is 15%

Camate wants specific feedback? Make Stormsurge Buff grant a +3% Weather effect bonus per Merit point.
    (3)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    If only these so called weather bonus is giving 15% bonus damage to WS skill chain on the correct elements similar to the gorget and obi, and stack with them.... then you can see why you would want SCH to dispense these corresponding weather.

Hey that's a good idea!

allow weather spells to give an +ftp bonus to corresponding WS similar to gorget/belt/mekira-oto.

All of those Reso drks would cream their pants.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So double weather is too strong and increased stat bonus is too strong. I'm ok with that, so what about:

Stormsurge: Grants spells matching current storm element +3 MAB per merit.

The stat boost is nice, but the most important part of storms for me is Klimaform + storm for enfeebles against highly resistant mobs. Makes getting an Immunobreak alot easier and lets you focus on other stuff. Wouldn't mind having our AF spell increased to level 50 though. Handing it out to every other job who /SCH is the biggest kick in the nutts IMO.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Having Klimaform as /sch is not really any different from getting everything a RDM main has as /rdm at full potency. I agree though since it's sch`s AF spell that it shouldn't be subbable.

But if they do change it to a lvl 50 spell then they should do the same with Convert and Refresh.
    (0)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    Having Klimaform as /sch is not really any different from getting everything a RDM main has as /rdm at full potency. I agree though since it's sch`s AF spell that it shouldn't be subbable.

But if they do change it to a lvl 50 spell then they should do the same with Convert and Refresh.
    Because convert and refresh are rdm's AF ability and spell? no? there not so there is no correlation between what you're saying and the spell being changed to sch only.

What you're saying would be closer to if all storm spells were raised to 50+ that convert and refresh should see the same
    treatment. Klimaform is an "AF spell" because it is rewarded for completing the second quest after the one to unlock sch for most jobs this grants you a job specific weapon (by most i mean all other jobs including rdm). A weapon that no other job can equip simply because they are subbing the job this is where the belief that Sch's AF spell Klimaform should be Sch only. It should have no effect to any other job gettin spells raised for things to be unique to the job this is about a "AF weapon" being job specific rather then sub-job specific
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I dont necessarily think klimaform should be un-subbable.

I do however think that RDM being able to composure it, while SCH can't Perpetuance it is a bit lopsided.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    Because convert and refresh are rdm's AF ability and spell? no? there not so there is no correlation between what you're saying and the spell being changed to sch only.

What you're saying would be closer to if all storm spells were raised to 50+ that convert and refresh should see the same
    treatment. Klimaform is an "AF spell" because it is rewarded for completing the second quest after the one to unlock sch for most jobs this grants you a job specific weapon (by most i mean all other jobs including rdm). A weapon that no other job can equip simply because they are subbing the job this is where the belief that Sch's AF spell Klimaform should be Sch only. It should have no effect to any other job gettin spells raised for things to be unique to the job this is about a "AF weapon" being job specific rather then sub-job specific
    Even as psycho SCH main it's never bothered me at all that Klimaform can be subbed. Before this was possible there were two unbroken rules regarding subbable stuff:

1. All spells are subbable
    2. No AF1 is subbable

Klimaform had to break one of these rules. Since Klimaform started its life by breaking rules for AF1 by being a spell in the first place, it makes more sense to me that if it were to follow either of the unbroken rules above, it would be the one for spells and not for AF1.

In the end, though, the rules don't mean much. SE has shown they can do whatever they want with subbable stuff. We get /Convert but not /Afflatus. Like Raksha, I'm more annoyed that Composure + Klimaform is allowed but Perpetuance + Klimaform can't happen. It's not that odd in the overall history though. I always thought it was funny that I came on RDM to stun stuff instead of BLM or DRK because RDM had a better specific use of the spell it couldn't use natively.
    (2)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7