Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikiel View Post
    there is a Scholar potency boost under startagems i think paired with storm spells it should give double weather and a higher boost
    I always thought Rapture should work with more than just cures and lolDivine. Has anyone ever used it to boost the Dia dot? Not I. Anyway, enhance regen potency, stoneskin potency, etc. It wouldn't be a horrible way to enhance storm spells I guess. I'd still prefer a new JA to do this though, so we could effectively boost weather for 2-3 people depending on the recast. If it were tied to our already stretched strategem count I'm afraid I might never use it for boosting storms.
    (0)

As a couple players in this thread have already stated, Boost/Gain spell’s sole effect is to increase stats. On the other hand, scholar’s storm spell’s main effect is to give weather related bonuses and as an additional bonus they also give a slight increase in stats, which is why they are not as high as other stat enhancing spells.

Something I would like for everyone to keep in mind when asking for adjustments and changes is that each job has various facets that are very different, including their spells and abilities, and it’s not always an easy comparison of “Why does X job have this, when Y job has only this?”

With the above in mind, if there are any suggestions for aspects you would like to see improved, list them out and I will be happy to let the development team know.
    (18)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Go easy on Camate guys... >.< *Prepares the floodgates*
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I actually kind of agree with him, playing both jobs as I do, at least in comparing the two numbers from a balance standpoint. I don't know if I buy the dual-purpose argument though. It's rare that the weather effect and the stat boost are both beneficial to the same player. Hailstorm is the only one that sticks out, but my BLMs want thunderstorm anyway, at least outside Abyssea. Are people really doing fire elemental SCs a lot, or is there some awesome gear that's activated by thunder/wind/fire/sand storm too?

I think more along the lines of full-timing the boost on WHM. In current activities I can't really do that, especially when dispel is flying. The proximity and casting time just don't allow for it, unless I just suck on WHM. I have no problem keeping storms up on SCH though.

This still doesn't address the fact that SCH group II merits are pretty awful though. Despite the fact that, all things considered, I don't see a problem with 12 vs 25 given boost spells restrictions, I'd still ask for an enhancement to storms in the end.

Camate, I'm still sticking with a "Geomancy" JA that doubles storm potency, in both the weather effect and the stat boost. The recast should allow for 2-3 members to have the boost at once. Don't tie it to strategems because I'd probably never use it except when soloing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 06-08-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As a couple players in this thread have already stated, Boost/Gain spell’s sole effect is to increase stats. On the other hand, scholar’s storm spell’s main effect is to give weather related bonuses and as an additional bonus they also give a slight increase in stats, which is why they are not as high as other stat enhancing spells.

Something I would like for everyone to keep in mind when asking for adjustments and changes is that each job has various facets that are very different, including their spells and abilities, and it’s not always an easy comparison of “Why does X job have this, when Y job has only this?”

With the above in mind, if there are any suggestions for aspects you would like to see improved, list them out and I will be happy to let the development team know.
    I'm not spending merits to give people weather, i'm spending merits to give them a pathetic stat boost.

See the problem?
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I imagine I'm one of the more vocal players, but I'm in a perpetual state of not caring at this point, certainly not enough to rant like I used to.

That said, I never cared about the stats boost balance to begin with, in fact I advocated outright removing it or at least reducing it by changing the Enhances "Stormsurge" effect on Argute Loafers +2. The stats boost on Stormsurge was random in my opinion, Storm spells should have had a potency boost. Sadly, Camates post in no way touches on a potency increase for Storm spells, which I thought was the bulk of this thread. WHM can offer Boost-STR or Boost-INT and whichever Storm an individual wants bar the last three, while SCH can offer all the Storms with, in most cases, absolutely useless stats attached. The issue is that there is no sense of progression with Storm spells while most of them are accessible from subjob now, the fact that WHM can offer a superior (and relevant) stats boost as well is just insult to injury in my opinion.

Anyway, reduce the level we learn Storm spells at such that /SCH has access to all of them (this makes far more sense than Helices) and change Argute Loafers +2 to +3%/merit (what I originally hoped it would do) or add a new JA like Merton says and I'll just unmerit Stormsurge. I'd rather have the former since it redeems SCHs merits in some way, but I've suggested the later in the past so I'm not about to disagree with it.

While you here Camate, Libra could really do with a range increase and Modus Veritas is not working, if they give the same working as expected line could you hit them or something for me? They're not even major issues, just simple ones. My faith in the development team completely dissipates when such simple matters are not addressed or just completely ignored.
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Aside from the OP, I think that most of us are saying that a WHM can give a full powered storm effect (save the last 3) AND a superior stat boost with the ability to mix and match.

I also think that most of us really don't care about the weaker stat boost itself aside from the fact that, 1. It is sadly our best merit option and 2. it just reinforces that outside of our 2hr there aren't many buffs that are unique to a SCH that are actually useful. Both of these problems could be addressed without having to improve the stat effect to storm spells and I would hope that is what happens. That would be a much better use of the dev team's time.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Aside from the OP, I think that most of us are saying that a WHM can give a full powered storm effect (save the last 3) AND a superior stat boost with the ability to mix and match.
    So true. WHM/SCH is capable of giving the weather boost and an independent stat boost, both of which provide simultaneous benefit. It really shoots the devs' dual-benefit defense for limited Stormsurge stat boosts out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    The issue is that there is no sense of progression with Storm spells while most of them are accessible from subjob now.
    This is my biggest problem with them. I was one of the people clamoring for Geomancer when ToAU was first announced. I was excited to see the potential SCH storm spells would have, then they didn't grow at all. The Klimaform bonus on AF3 is nice, but not the progression level I expected with a unique spell line. That's really why I'd like to see a unique JA that addresses storm potency alone.

I have to agree regarding Libra too. It's such a minor ability but in the few cases where it's helpful the range limitation is insufferable. We've heard the "working as intended" silliness concerning Modus Veritas, but I don't recall a response about Libra range, nor any further information on adding additional statistics to it.

I know, let me use Libra on Nyzule lamps to reveal their order.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    So true. WHM/SCH is capable of giving the weather boost and an independent stat boost, both of which provide simultaneous benefit. It really shoots the devs' dual-benefit defense for limited Stormsurge stat boosts out of the sky.
    By that logic, sch can sub bard to use etudes to increase the amount of the attribute they're enhancing. My opinion is that the weather spells are about weather. Stormsurge is a secondary boost which also gives weather spells some use in situations where they wouldn't otherwise be useful.

Could just be me, but I'd rather see tier II storm spells (double weather) than a boost to stormsurge.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    By that logic, sch can sub bard to use etudes to increase the amount of the attribute they're enhancing. My opinion is that the weather spells are about weather. Stormsurge is a secondary boost which also gives weather spells some use in situations where they wouldn't otherwise be useful.

Could just be me, but I'd rather see tier II storm spells (double weather) than a boost to stormsurge.
    SCH is actually a useful sub for whm, and also you can only have 1 brd song as /brd. Of course you knew all of this already.

I would also rather have t2 storms than revamped stormsurge, but there's no reason we can't have both.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast