Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    He falls over with just 5 people if they're properly geared, haven't had a problem taking down both clone and real if we pick the wrong one.
    (0)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyara View Post
    Seriously MarkuvChain, you have got to be the biggest conceited prick on this forum. Your ego level is on par with Varrion and Dankdragon on Diabolos. You would make them proud. Just because I/these people haven't beat ADL doesn't mean I/these people suck. Not everyone has no life and plays this game at a super hardcore level like you do.

You sound like one of those Marvel VS Capcom 2 tourney players that use Magneto, Storm and Sentinel and tell everyone that the only way to beat anything is to be broken with top tier. Get your head out of your ass.

Swear to god if I ever met you in real life I'd beat the crap out of you. This is beyond this game now. This is just plain you are a stupid arrogant prick that needs a dose of reality and humility (something of which you will never be capable of).
    get him, TOUGH GUY
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    For all the nitpicking a lot of what they're saying isn't wrong, instead of focusing on what they've said in the past look at what they're saying now.

Killing adl isn't as daunting as people are making it out to be, more so now that people are going to have a reason to kill it, it can only be expected that new tricks and tips will be developed as people go along making the fight even easier
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There was hope of a trick to eliminate one of the bullshit luck factors, but it wound up being false. It doesnt change the fact this fight has not one, but two, "Go Fk Yourself" moves that will cause you to wipe no matter how good you are (1-the fact you can kill clone after clone, 2-tera slash instant kill).

I'm sure 4 pups can kill it...just have to hope it doesnt do teraslashdeath.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    He falls over with just 5 people if they're properly geared, haven't had a problem taking down both clone and real if we pick the wrong one.
    orly? I'd be interested to hear what strategy you use that proves to be so effective with so few people. I'd be even more interested to see a video of it in action. We've made 3 attempts recently with 6 players and 2 mules, and on all 3 attempts, the first clone shut us down around 5% HP by using dynamic implosion. And it's not so much a matter of gear seeing as how all the characters (except one of the mules) have relics and empies.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dynamic implosion doesn't happen often, if he does it try again. Pop set are easy to farm it's not a real problem. The only time. I've seen death on terra slash once back at level 90 and when it happens it is single target who cares. I'm more interested to what exact % people are bringing it before split. For me it is 45% ish and always after 30s so I assume that with stronger mnks I can get get below. I've seen a slow kill youtube vid where it also splits at 30s and another one where it took 20sec so I assume it is also % based.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    I'm sure 4 pups can kill it...just have to hope it doesnt do teraslashdeath.
    lololol. As expected little by little we know where the thread is going.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 02-14-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    going to where you've already brought it...papermath.
    (0)

Character
    Jem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    He doesn't do Dynamic Implosion often? He has attempted to use it on every single one of our last 5 pops (got it off on 3 of them). If he uses it directly after cloning then you have little chance of stopping it or recovering. Rarely you may be able to recover but it requires him to be very nice with what he does whilst you're terrored plus the moves he uses after it wears.

Seeing Tera Slash proc only once is also incredibly fortunate. I've died on 3 of those 5 pops to Tera Slash. All of those were the first Tera Slash I ate in the fight and he has never killed me with any other move. The death procs on it more often than it doesn't. On one pop last week it triple cloned and immediately did Tera Slash x3 dropping 7 people with the instant death message (he repopped in a strange place so caught people off guard with positioning). He has used Tera Slash on every one of our last 5 pops and only once have I seen the death not proc on at least one person.

And these are not long drawn out fights increasing the chances of him using those moves. All fights have ended one way or another before PD wore.

He also absolutely does not clone at 30 seconds every time. It has been quicker than that on every one of our attempts. On one of those pops it was between 15 and 20 seconds until he cloned (30 second buffs that were used before popping were still up after he cloned)

EDIT: Your post wasn't editted to say about the 20 seconds when I started posting mine.
    (3)
    Last edited by Soidisant; 02-14-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, exactly 30 sec, it would be dead before it even cloned. It's likely % based.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Soidisant speaks the truth, Pchan is full of poochan. Tera Slash death proc rate is so high, I remember seeing one of the first YouTube vids of ADL fail where Tera Slash killed 5+ people in the cone who all had PD on.

Side note, his cloning appears to be delayable the same way you can delay a NIN from using mijin (keep him stunned during all the times he would attempt to use it and just keep feeding him TP). As soon as he starts the summoning animation though, he's immune to everything until his clones pop. It also seems that the lower you get him before he clones, the more clones you get to deal with.
    (0)

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast