Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thats a bold assumption considering the only reason PW and AV became "lol" is because we gained 24 levels on them.

Unless We somehow go to level 120, I don't see how ADL is going to become "LOL" when the biggest problem with his fight is the "Dumb luck" Factor of chosing Door A, B, C, D and so forth when he decides to split.

The only way this could happen is if some way to distinguish which is the real ADL is discovered, then he does become lol.
    ADL will never become "LoL" unless they adjust both his splitting and aoe's. Otherwise he can still wipe your alliance whenever his AI wants to.
    (2)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    I don't think Zarchery really understands how battle mechanics work or how difficult those things really were.

Without SE zergs those mobs were either impossible or incredibly difficult. Now most things that come out are given some form of SE resistance thanks to those kills. Now AV/Vrtra/PW aren't so difficult because they don't get level correction against us. That almost always doubles damage, or more, dealt to these mobs. There's also new tools that we've gotten as well.

We'll never erase the level correction from ADL and his attacks are retardedly powerful. If your idea of LOL is requiring a very specific set-up -requiring- a specefic 2hr, and a small LS army, in an age where SE killed off most large and successful LSes capable of easily fielding said armies, then yeah, ADL will totally be lol.
    (5)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    so keep a cheap gimmick fight with reliance on 2hr's.....yay
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    so keep a cheap gimmick fight with reliance on 2hr's.....yay
    This.

SE needs to actually test their battle mechanics and create something challenging within the confines of what an organized group of assorted jobs can do instead of adding all these mobs that rely on PD zergs.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    This.

SE needs to actually test their battle mechanics and create something challenging within the confines of what an organized group of assorted jobs can do instead of adding all these mobs that rely on PD zergs.
    If that picture they posted from the dev lab is anything to note, they ~do~ test it. They test it with players having 9999HP and being invincible.
    (4)

Player
    There shouldn't be a single mob in the game that requires you to use a 2-hour to defeat it. Horrible design.

Also, that's great for all those who are currently knocking him down, but I'll have made over 150m gil by the time I would have finished 12 relics (assuming you can beat him 100% with 12 people 60 times). Killing ADL is an utter waste of time unless you plan on selling the marrows for ~30m (which is actually a fair price imo). But again... such a waste of gil.

And empyrean people really shouldn't complain. Rift items are selling for 1m max. 60m compared to 150m? Come on.
    (5)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If ya didn't need 2hrs to kill ADL i'd be fine w/ it even at a 33% chance.

but to rely on a 2hrs and job that are essentially useless outside there 2hr in dyna is annoying and really theres no skill using PD to kill a mob.
    (2)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Macross
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What else do you use your 2h for? Find a working strategy that doesn't rely on it then. There's no skill in spaming fanatics in VW either shrug. And what job is useless outside their 2h, in dynamis?

Trial is easy since it's a sure thing and guaranteed drop. Now if you simply free lotted the umbral then it would be hard I suppose. Essentially 'free lotting' and needing 60 drops is what makes empy trial way harder.

Though you could have made 150m gils killing 60 ADLS, what good is all that gil when you can't buy anything you really want with it. For me, it's 60m gils vs free, relic is easier. When my 99 yoichi is finished, I will have spend a grand total of 0 gil creating it. If I buy dross for 1m, then it will be 180m cost for my ukon.

Anyhow back on topic. ADL is killable, team up and do it. The battle needs no adjustments, except maybe to your strategy, teamwork and gear.
    (0)

Heaven forbid we have an actually difficult monster for us to fight! I mean, a fight with actual challenge. Oh noes!
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No ones complaining about having to fight a difficult monster...the complaint is about the fact you have to kill said monster 5x per relic, and the general basis of the fight states you will need to use 2hr's to kill it, and you only have 2 hours in dynamis per day.
    (2)

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast