Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Test Server "Official" Legion Event Tonight??

I realize that there is a very good chance this belongs on the test server forum, but I thought I should ask this question here:

Is there some scheduled official event going down on the test server right now? It's roughly 3:30am EST, and outside the Legion NPCs are Mocchi, Foxclon, "Stafften", and the Live Vana'diel cam. If this is a scheduled event, how come we weren't notified?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Because it's probably not an "event," they most likely just happened to be there for their own reasons. If it is, then it's probably a JP thing- check the JP forum, you might be able to glean something from it.

And yes, if it has something to do with the test server, it belongs on the test server forum.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-27-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Yeah, most NA are in bed, most EU are at work/school, only really JP/AU online right now and there's not a great number of AU players.
    Therefore, we wouldn't be notified.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is a JP event.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20058

Google translate it.
    (1)

Join in! 123
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well hopefully Camate.

I tried to ask Mocchi about it but I don't think he speaks english.

Hopefully they will arrange something at an NA friendly time.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Hmmm.

Very nice that they don't even mention about it to the others...
    Could be that they didn't want it over-crowded or something along the lines of that I guess.

Been around there but didn't bother joining them even if I could, since there's really nothing I can do to help with this specifically at the time, nor is there anything I would want to see, that I couldn't guess/imagine already.
    Nevertheless, I would appreciate it if they would inform the users about this kind of things, so we could be of more help.

Oh well, this kind of things are to be expected, after all...
    (2)
    ...or so the legend says.

JP only!

but yeah if the JP devs/reps planned an event and they can't speak english they can't really open it to everyone. I'm amazed the test server was released anywhere but JP in honesty so best to count your blessings.
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    And now they turned me into a Mammet.

I can't fight like this!
    Hmmm, perhaps I don't have to if the monsters think I'm 'one of the good guys'.
    Or would they think bad... hm... it depends, I guess.

But yeah, in a way I am surprised it's open for all, too, but there is localisation matters which it helps with, and on the other hand, I was always wondering why they did not take an advantage of free testers before this already.

Edit:

Actually, not a Mammet, since I do have a face.
    Can't think of a name for the robed people that oft hang around with 'Naggy'.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-27-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was actually able to participate in this. I don't really know what Mocchi or any of the staff were saying, but it seemed like they were explaining how the system works and telling them what they were looking for as far as testing.

I stood around in the middle of the crowd, said {Red Curry Bun} 1g {Bazaar} {You can have this.} {You're welcome.} and gave a whole bunch of them red curry buns. A few minutes later I got a party invite, and a special linkshell for the event (one for each group of 36 people).

Eventually we went inside the Hall of Skies (by the way, there's 4 battlefields now instead of 3, and a fifth if you perform well enough in the others).
    The area looks like GM jail, honestly. It's definitely not the Last Stand area being discussed earlier. There were 3 mobs up, a Lofty Wyrm, Lofty Behemoth and Lofty Adamantoise. Several people ran in and puleld the wyrm and about 10 people died in the first 2 seconds. Then people aggro'd the other two mobs and was a full wipe pretty quickly.

They started to wipe recover but I disconnected and then went to bed instead of came back because it was 5:30 in the morning.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-28-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast