Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Beastmaster unfair disadvantage

While I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, I didn't really look that much so instead of searching through endless threads and posts... I'm gonna put it here.

The fact that bst's called pets dissapear upon log out OR disconnect... is BULL. Not only do i have to PAY to HEAL my pet (see pup) I have to PAY to CALL MY (since nothing is charmable in the places that i have to take the darn thing) pet on a job that is undisputably a "pet" job. Then i summon my pet and before my recast timer is down... i get disconnected and my pet is gone. i might as well have just thrown 30k gil on the ground. No other pet job has these restrictions. This has NOTHING to do with balance. It's just irritating and stupid. Seriously guys nothing is going to be hurt by bsts being able to zone with our jug pets. Our npc's can do it, ato's can do it avatars can do it wyverns can do. Jug pets should be able to as well.
    (33)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    we been asking for this for years its about time!!!!
    (2)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I agree with this. Beastmaster is left out of an important part of the pet job circle. :x It would be understandable if charmed monsters cant follow the Beastmaster from area to area but jug pets really should be able to.
    (3)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I"m a career bst, and yes, it would be a bit nicer on the budget.. but frankly, I don't care that much.
    (3)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    SE like to make BST suffer they're thinking of changing SMN so it's easier to summon their pets, yet they added only Call Beast in Abyssea and Voidwatch to stop people spamming pets at enemies until they win. The logic escapes me.
    (1)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Its about to get alot worse.
    (1)

Player
    I think this is PROBABLY because jug pets have a timer and when you log out or disconnect, it's hard for the server to keep track of the remaining time on the jug pet so it just dismisses it. This is probabaly different from regular spell/job ability recast which the server keeps time on.

The zoning thing is weird though and should be changed.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I think this is PROBABLY because jug pets have a timer and when you log out or disconnect, it's hard for the server to keep track of the remaining time on the jug pet so it just dismisses it. This is probabaly different from regular spell/job ability recast which the server keeps time on.

The zoning thing is weird though and should be changed.
    It keeps the time when you log out for everything else.
    (2)

{ SE: In allowing BST pets the ability to zone, we are adjusting the call timer to once every 25 minutes for means of ensuring BALANCE }

That said tho.. lol, yes it would be nice to be able to zone my jugpets on Jugmaster er um, BST.
    (1)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    { SE: In allowing BST pets the ability to zone, we are adjusting the call timer to once every 25 minutes for means of ensuring BALANCE }

That said tho.. lol, yes it would be nice to be able to zone my jugpets on Jugmaster er um, BST.
    So operation correction to Jug-pets yaaay. I can finally return to leveling my lv.50 Bst and go higher and have a lil bit more freedom to change areas without wasting a jug-pet or waiting for it to die or dismissing it(in fact, dismissing it should return to you a jug, doesn't that make more sense?).

I guess with the popular excuse of "keeping balance", SE just wants you to follow their limited server capabilities (freedom), work with their restrictions and rules, following their mandate type of 'fun'. I really wonder how many Bst are there game-wide that have tolerated this type of 'freedom' despite the job reduced to a solo orientated role.

SE intended Bst to contribute in parties but the jugs you use for familiars don't last and each has a one time use basically because it wasn't expected for soloing extensively? Will SE further make improvements to bst in such a short time? I hope so, I'll be checking up with this thread and others because bst threads are great! ^^
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast