Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    LOL, I must have just imagined the 8 million "Just get rid of consumable ammo" threads out there....

BTW, my wife makes all of our pets and pet food, and she even makes quite a bit of gil off the dyna spammers, yet this mechanic is still annoying and should be fixed, for many reason that have nothing to do with gil.
    I'll take the gil. I have plenty of things to use it for.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Yrudamasta
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 88
    I for one personally....never understoood why BST jug pets can't zone...seems stupid

Its the one obvious thing they should fix on the BST job>?
    (2)

Greetings!

I’d like to give some feedback in regards to pet behavior when changing areas and kicking off confrontations.

Area Changing with Charmed Pets
    Monster data is managed in each area and since it cannot carry over to other areas, system-wise it is just not possible to do this.

Differences between pet behavior when changing areas
    Wyvern, automatons, and adventuring fellows all have long recast times and if they didn’t carry over between areas, it would be quite a large penalty. Based on this, they will not disappear when changing areas.

On the other hand, familiar pets and avatars use jugs and cost MP so the penalty is not as large. With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    With that said, it is technically possible; however, in the case that pets did not disappear when changing areas, the cost of using that pet to its full extent would be increased (the cost of the jug).

Dynamis Confrontations
    The ability to adjust settings for support job restrictions is a special feature of Dynamis, and the behavior from other Dynamis confrontations differs. As a result of investigating, it seems like it is possible to make them all unified, so we are currently working on addressing this.

After this change, when confrontations begin pets will no longer disappear.

Currently this adjustment will only take place for Dynamis confrontations. The reason for this being that it is not desirable that the same content isn’t uniform, so there is no problem changing this specifically for Dynamis. However, this behavior is something that has been necessary from the start, so please understand that it will not be possible to do this for the entire game.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    With that said, it is technically possible; however, in the case that pets did not disappear when changing areas, the cost of using that pet to its full extent would be increased (the cost of the jug).
    I'm really confused as why they seem to feel a trade-off would be necessary here. Beastmaster isn't going to be viewed as overpowered anytime soon, and letting jug pets carry over between areas is a trivial cost savings- No price adjustment to jugs should be needed.
    (17)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Not like this will change things once the BST TH Nerf hits.

byebyebandwagondynamisbsts :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    (1)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-17-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Not like this will change things once the BST TH Nerf hits.

byebyebandwagondynamisbsts DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    They wont stop playing as BST because it's the easiest job to do it in, almost fail proof. So if you think otherwise you'll be sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    No it's not.

That said, I'd talke a slightly increased cost for the ability to zone with jug pets. No need to worry about Charmed ones, no one wants that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-17-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    They wont stop playing as BST because it's the easiest job to do it in, almost fail proof. So if you think otherwise you'll be sorely mistaken.
    As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their low droprate unless they bring a THF friend along. I'd also like to see what those BSTs would say to mobs being stolen with a WS after a pet's target turns yellow.

Don't hog dynamis mobs, folks!
    (2)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-17-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their low droprate unless they bring a THF friend along. I'd also like to see what those BSTs would say to mobs being stolen with a WS after a pet's target turns yellow.

Don't hog dynamis mobs, folks!
    Wow, how Droll.

Lets pretend BST's are the only job to pull more than one mob... it's so "in."

We'll forget Fell Cleavers, Charged Whiskers, Aeolian Edges etcetera....

PS. TH1 is better than nothing, triggers are the only thing that matters in Abyssea.
    (5)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Cost of jugs, huh? You mean like, oh I don't know, requiring fricking dragon meat isn't cost enough? The TH pets and the turtle are some pricey son of a bitches. And they aren't the only ones. I mean seriously, how much do you want a jug to cost for the right to zone with them? 500k a stack??? This is just more proof that the dev team does not live in the same reality as us.

No, this doesn't make sense. What does make sense is for them to say, the trade off for zoning would be a 15-20 min timer on call beast. Which would be brutal to BST but not anymore brutal than other pet jobs. Not that I want to see this happen, btw. But you know, maybe I wouldn't mind it. Maybe if you're against the idea of a longer timer on CB, you need to be a little more protective of your pet and rely a little less on that timer. Just throwing that out there but I'm aware of the occasional instance where that 5 min timer is absolutely sorta kinda required(like KC BC, or the final limit break)

And so what if a SMN pet can zone? Am I being told here that these beasts and avatars can't zone just because they're "cheap" to use? Lol? If you really REALLY think about it, it is 100% pointless for them to vanish upon zoning. So. Yeah.

Bottom line: A BST jug costs money. It should be zoning along with us, period. It's not a freebie pet, and the damn things have a timer for how long they are active before they poof. Why are they disappearing upon zoning?

and the damn things have a timer for how long they are active before they poof. Why are they disappearing upon zoning?

and the damn things have a timer for how long they are active before they poof. Why are they disappearing upon zoning?

/epicfiveminutefacepalmbecauseheadhurtstryingtounderstanddevteam

You know, not that losing my pets hurts me in the least. But dammit I hate using a TH pet for 15 minutes on say Kirin then losing it because I zoned to do more farming, so I just head to the house. Think about that dev team, if Cam relays this information to you. You could time sink me more by allowing my pet to zone in sky. You gonna take that?! letting me get away with not being time sinked and stuff. I dare you to time sink me more. I double dog dare you! Bring it!
    (8)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Wow, how Droll.

Lets pretend BST's are the only job to pull more than one mob... it's so "in."

We'll forget Fell Cleavers, Charged Whiskers, Aeolian Edges etcetera....

PS. TH1 is better than nothing, triggers are the only thing that matters in Abyssea.
    Those aren't even practical in Dynamis unless you go in as an entire linkshell and have some spare time farming dynamis-xarcabard after a few ADL runs or whatever the plan was. Assuming they're set up for that, anyway. >_>

For real though, any BST expecting to keep 4-5 mobs (5-7 if duo) is disrespectful and is going to get their mobs taken. Yellow is fair game, and I won't hesitate to take them.
    (8)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-17-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast