Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

How a BST calls it's pet.

I have an idea about how Beast-master calls out their pet, The first thing is we gotta get rid of all the Jugs within vana'diel that being said moving on. Now said Beast-master had to have charmed a petable mob in order to get that "Call" in their call list. This "Call list" works kinda like a Blue Mage "Spell list" but it doesn't use MP it uses HP on calling out pets.

This would allow Beast-master's all over vana'diel the luxury of zone with their pet out and not loosing it the loading screen and would save on inventory space issues and more!
    (6)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Another way that could quickly and easily implement this, Those Pet jugs on the Auction house could have them work like Puppet-master's attachments giving us said call to our "Calling list" for beast-master. This way it would still make jug's useful and we wouldn't have to get rid of them.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    I have an idea about how Beast-master calls out their pet, The first thing is we gotta get rid of all the Jugs within vana'diel that being said moving on. Now said Beast-master had to have charmed a petable mob in order to get that "Call" in their call list. This "Call list" works kinda like a Blue Mage "Spell list" but it doesn't use MP it uses HP on calling out pets.

This would allow Beast-master's all over vana'diel the luxury of zone with their pet out and not loosing it the loading screen and would save on inventory space issues and more!
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.
    Jugs depoping upon zoning is an annoyance at best... It doesn't call for a major overhaul of the entire job, and killing off an enitre section of the AH and pissing off all the Cooks making their income off Pet synths.
    (10)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.
    Jugs depoping upon zoning is an annoyance at best... It doesn't call for a major overhaul of the entire job, and killing off an enitre section of the AH and pissing off all the Cooks making their income off Pet synths.
    Pets depopping is absolutely crippling. Call a pet, kill something, zone, no pet for you for 4 more minutes. I've lost timed fights because of that.

And the cooks that sell every jug and biscuit for 5-40 x the cost of the ingredients? Screw'em. Every other craft is completely devoid of profit already, why should cooking be different.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Pets depopping is absolutely crippling. Call a pet, kill something, zone, no pet for you for 4 more minutes. I've lost timed fights because of that.

And the cooks that sell every jug and biscuit for 5-40 x the cost of the ingredients? Screw'em. Every other craft is completely devoid of profit already, why should cooking be different.
    This is what I'm talking about... What are you doing that is causing you to constantly pop jug pets and then zone it 1 min afterwards? I can understand this happening once, or twice, but you make it seem like its a very common non-stop occurrence that is causing you to lose tons of pets and time. And why would you enter a timed fight immediately after entering a new zone knowing full well you still have 4 mins left on CB? I can understand frustration when loosing pets due to VW and other battles that depops pet when you engage... but that is a completely different problem that has nothing to do with zoning.

I'm all for zoning pets, because like I said, it is an annoyance, but its nothing to loose sleep over... It certainly does not require a complete overhaul of the job on the scale the OP is suggesting. That, and summoning beast pets with HP just sounds like an atrocious idea, but hey, if that floats your boat...
    (9)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    It certainly does not require a complete overhaul of the job on the scale the OP is suggesting. That, and summoning beast pets with HP just sounds like an atrocious idea, but hey, if that floats your boat...
    Honestly, I couldn't get past the part that was incomprehensible. Which sadly was the majority of the post.

You can always tell which suggestions are good, or just angry rantings, by the justifications. I mean, I could see asking for BST to be able to "call" a pet without having to charm one in zone... but it already exists in the forms of jugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post

I guess the first issue here is strategy. If you're gonna zone after killing 1 mob, you might want to change your strategy. As for losing timed fights, I've been cheated by Maat countless of times, but that doesn't mean the jobs I used needed some sort of absurd overhaul.

But, if I can make one suggestion, and really, this is to all AH-item dependent jobs [read as: Ranger(?), Corsair (?), Puppetmaster(?) and Beastmaster(?)]:

Notice the (?). That's because none of these jobs are actually dependent on the AH. If buying your material, ammo, or jugs is too expensive, craft your own. Personally, I don't craft. Mostly because crafting is stupid in my opinion. But because I don't craft, I accept the fact that I am at the mercy of other players in order to get things I want.

Griping about how cooks are making a "5-40 X" profit off of synths is rediculous, and suggesting that all other synths are devoid of profilt is, at best, uneducated.

No offense.
    (8)
    Last edited by Llana_Virren; 05-22-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I've disconnected too many times in dynamis due to random network lag at 4 am, come back to no pet... BST is the only job that can cost you money due to network lag.
    (3)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

I have a different idea to the orriginal post. and SE already implamented it then forgot about it before abyssea
    Charm!
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juilan View Post
    I've disconnected too many times in dynamis due to random network lag at 4 am, come back to no pet... BST is the only job that can cost you money due to network lag.
    This. I heard it was something about game balance that causes us to lose pets at maximum frequency, they're even talking about putting in a job trait that forces our pet to spawn dead when using Call Beast. It's called "Shut up and take my money!" and apparently the developers are confident it will finally fix BST.
    (1)