Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Those aren't even practical in Dynamis unless you go in as an entire linkshell and have some spare time farming dynamis-xarcabard after a few ADL runs or whatever the plan was. Assuming they're set up for that, anyway. >_>

For real though, any BST expecting to keep 4-5 mobs (5-7 if duo) is disrespectful and is going to get their mobs taken. Yellow is fair game, and I won't hesitate to take them.
    Really, on what planet is this a bst only thing? I see dncs, nins and thf's doing the exact same thing. If you seem to think bsts do it more, it's only because there are more bsts. Seriously, stop blaming the job. Blame the players behind the job. They would play exactly the same no matter what job they're on.
    (5)

Player
    As far as I'm concerned, they can enjoy their low droprate unless they bring a THF friend along. I'd also like to see what those BSTs would say to mobs being stolen with a WS after a pet's target turns yellow.

Don't hog dynamis mobs, folks!
    Seems you've never played BST, difference between Hobs and Yuly is roughly -30 to take home that's out of 150-200. (Even after update Yuly will have TH1 btw) Less take home means more runs to do, more people to piss off and more killing with a stronger pet to make up the difference. The argument you used has been played to death and it was wrong day one. Don't mix up Hate for Competition and Hate for BST it's not the same.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Those aren't even practical in Dynamis unless you go in as an entire linkshell and have some spare time farming dynamis-xarcabard after a few ADL runs or whatever the plan was. Assuming they're set up for that, anyway. >_>

For real though, any BST expecting to keep 4-5 mobs (5-7 if duo) is disrespectful and is going to get their mobs taken. Yellow is fair game, and I won't hesitate to take them.
    It's not practical since the AoE nerf, was done a lot before then.

Don't deny it is. Disrespectful it is not, selfish yes. Interesting detail though, as someone that on the occasion I do Dynamis at all, I take one enemy at a time, but pulling with BST's F**cked up mechanics usually sees my pet unintentionally run through other mobs that then link, I don't aim to pull "the zone" or so on but it happens, Do I care if you steal them? Not really, as I'm not foolish enough to trigger weakness on the enemy I'm not fighting. While I don't deny a fair few BST's pull the zone, not everyone does.

Ending on: The people that do pool the zone are the same style of people that will take a linkshell to camp one weak NM if someone is after it and they want it. Do be careful though, you continue to do it to one BST over and over again and they report you for Bullying... ouch!
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinato View Post
    Seems you've never played BST, difference between Hobs and Yuly is roughly -30 to take home that's out of 150-200. (Even after update Yuly will have TH1 btw) Less take home means more runs to do, more people to piss off and more killing with a stronger pet to make up the difference. The argument you used has been played to death and it was wrong day one. Don't mix up Hate for Competition and Hate for BST it's not the same.
    You (and the others as well) need to stop responding to people like Quetzacoatl. The guy is obviously a troll and contributes nothing to the thread other than flamebaiting everyone. Since this post is now on "Hot Topics" and featured on the main page you can expect more just like him popping in and turning this into yet another anti-bst/dynamis "haha bst-nerf" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

I’d like to give some feedback in regards to pet behavior when changing areas and kicking off confrontations.

Differences between pet behavior when changing areas
    Wyvern, automatons, and adventuring fellows all have long recast times and if they didn’t carry over between areas, it would be quite a large penalty. Based on this, they will not disappear when changing areas.
    Well Puppetmasters now have Deus Ex Automata which allows them to call autos every 60 seconds. All PUP needs to do is restore automaton to full HP, deactivate and they'll have "Activate" fully recharged and have a automaton at full strength. That is well beyond BST's 5 min recast on call beast.

Summoners literally has no recast at all. As soon as they change zones their pets are ready to be called... And they are free.

So, from that prospective it actually makes more sense to allow jug pets to zone than it does to allow automatons and avatars to zone.

On the other hand, familiar pets and avatars use jugs and cost MP so the penalty is not as large. With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    With that said, it is technically possible; however, in the case that pets did not disappear when changing areas, the cost of using that pet to its full extent would be increased (the cost of the jug).

I feel it is a lost cause trying to get anything changed or adjusted on Beastmaster. Every time someone mentions an adjustment that sounds very simple and plausible it gets shot down for illogical reasons.
    I applause the development team for finally giving us formidable pets 76+ (even though we asked 5+ years ago). But after getting the extremely worthless "Run Wild" ability on a 15 min recast o.O! and having this much difficult to get something as simple as allowing jugs to zone I reckon nothing is going to change for BSTs anytime soon.
    (4)

Character
    Billdance
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

I’d like to give some feedback in regards to pet behavior when changing areas and kicking off confrontations.

Area Changing with Charmed Pets
    Monster data is managed in each area and since it cannot carry over to other areas, system-wise it is just not possible to do this.

Differences between pet behavior when changing areas
    Wyvern, automatons, and adventuring fellows all have long recast times and if they didn’t carry over between areas, it would be quite a large penalty. Based on this, they will not disappear when changing areas.

On the other hand, familiar pets and avatars use jugs and cost MP so the penalty is not as large. With familiar pets, you spend money on jugs to gain fighting power, which is essentially the same as other consumables like ammunition.
    With that said, it is technically possible; however, in the case that pets did not disappear when changing areas, the cost of using that pet to its full extent would be increased (the cost of the jug).

Dynamis Confrontations
    The ability to adjust settings for support job restrictions is a special feature of Dynamis, and the behavior from other Dynamis confrontations differs. As a result of investigating, it seems like it is possible to make them all unified, so we are currently working on addressing this.

After this change, when confrontations begin pets will no longer disappear.

Currently this adjustment will only take place for Dynamis confrontations. The reason for this being that it is not desirable that the same content isn’t uniform, so there is no problem changing this specifically for Dynamis. However, this behavior is something that has been necessary from the start, so please understand that it will not be possible to do this for the entire game.
    I noticed that you compared jug pets to ammunition but last time I checked nobody loses a stack of amunition every time they zone.
    (7)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    You are all reacting as though its only the bst jugs that do any damage. Get off your back lines and use your axes. Bst have 2 shots at killing mobs. If you dont like the cost of jugs then make your own its way cheaper. AS to loosing pets yes it happens, yes you have to replace them, if a rng uses his ammo hes lost it, no different to bst using jugs instead of charming.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    You are all reacting as though its only the bst jugs that do any damage. Get off your back lines and use your axes. Bst have 2 shots at killing mobs. If you dont like the cost of jugs then make your own its way cheaper. AS to loosing pets yes it happens, yes you have to replace them, if a rng uses his ammo hes lost it, no different to bst using jugs instead of charming.
    Wrong! If you're going to be a BST and NOT call a pet then you may as well be a proper DD job, should you engaged? Of course if the enemy does not have crazy AoE which will kill you in one-shot. It's all about knowing when is appropriate, and when is not.

Don't you start comparing Ammo to Jugs, just because SE claims it so they are in no way similar, interestingly RNG can save ammo via things like Recycle, whereas BST can not.

In Voidwatch: RNG's weakness WS' all can be done with any ammo, and they don't loose it everytime they start a new VW, Have to keep changing pets on a 5 minute timer costing a fortune or so on.

Like it or not BST is a pet job, no one wants Charmed pets to zone they want pets they supposedly fully control for upto 2 hours to have the same ability as the others of zoning pets. Call Beast is a 5:00 timer, not 0:30 timer with never ending pets like SMN we are locked.

SE are talking rubbish in comparing SMN and BST as they are not alike.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 03-18-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Considering beastmasters are soloing relics, soloing emp weapons etc, they sure do complain a lot.
    (2)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Really, on what planet is this a bst only thing? I see dncs, nins and thf's doing the exact same thing. If you seem to think bsts do it more, it's only because there are more bsts. Seriously, stop blaming the job. Blame the players behind the job. They would play exactly the same no matter what job they're on.
    Yeah, I understand THFs DNCs and NINs are equal to blame, but the saturation of players doing this lately have been BSTs from my PoV. I'll admit, I'll pull one or two extra out of 2 hippogryphs if the camp is empty, but once that camp gets crowded, It's just down to 2 with my dynamis partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Don't deny it is. Disrespectful it is not, selfish yes. Interesting detail though, as someone that on the occasion I do Dynamis at all, I take one enemy at a time, but pulling with BST's F**cked up mechanics usually sees my pet unintentionally run through other mobs that then link, I don't aim to pull "the zone" or so on but it happens, Do I care if you steal them? Not really, as I'm not foolish enough to trigger weakness on the enemy I'm not fighting. While I don't deny a fair few BST's pull the zone, not everyone does.
    I agree, it's just those fair few I've been seeing that are outrageous. Thankfully it's not like I can't do anything about them though. And as far as disrespectful goes, everyone has an equal opportunity to farm for currency, but when there's one douche-hole who decides to link all the mobs, drag them to a remote spot and take their sweet time procing then killing them...are they trying to intentionally waste everyone's time in there? They're better off killing 1-2 mobs per player so they don't have to deal with everyone else anyway!

Yeah yeah, I understand the career BSTs will keep farming dynamis and I won't have a problem with that as long as they have some etiquette with farming mobs. The same goes for any other sort of competition who might have the thought of going, "hey, let's act like jackasses tonight and screw with their relic progress." Just stay off mine and I'll stay off yours. Is that really so hard to ask?
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-18-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Considering beastmasters are soloing relics, soloing emp weapons etc, they sure do complain a lot.
    Warriors sure do complain a lot, too. So do white mages. And corsairs. And bards. And don't even get me started on how much thieves complain.

Or are you saying that BST is better than all those jobs, so anyone who plays it has no right to complain? Then if they're so damned good, why does it get less invites than any of those other jobs?
    (7)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast