Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psxpert2011 View Post
    I really wonder how many Bst are there game-wide that have tolerated this type of 'freedom' despite the job reduced to a solo orientated role.
    Honestly, any real BST is a solo oriented player anyway. While we can work decently in a alliance setup we work best alone or in groups of other BST or SMN. Always has been, likely always will be this way.

SE has made some attempts to allow us to be more of a party job with overall dmg output with pet being similar to an average DD but they're definitely not trying to make the job perform in a way that we would be asked to come on BST vs a traditional DD job, they would never heard the end of the complaints ~ since BST is still a niche job.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    Not only do i have to PAY to HEAL my pet (see pup) I have to PAY to CALL MY (since nothing is charmable in the places that i have to take the darn thing) pet on a job that is undisputably a "pet" job.
    [Insert obligatory 'money is easy' comment here]

Get a job you bum. You're a BST so I assume you know that you can farm as well as any job if not better due to pet TH. Learn to farm and make all your own pets and food. Work more, cry less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    Then i summon my pet and before my recast timer is down... i get disconnected and my pet is gone.
    I don't agree with pets following you from zone to zone. However, I would suggest that if you zone while your pet is active, the timer for Call Beast should be reset. That's about the only adjustment I can see being made. If you called a pet right before you zoned, you need to l2p. If you disconnect frequently enough that you feel SE should redesign game mechanics, you should realize that SE isn't responsible for your internet connection; that would be the job of your ISP.
    (1)

Scribble, is there any logic or reasoning behind your post? I really don't see it. You realize every other pet job in the game can freely zone with their pets. Why should BST, the only job with a direct cost associated with calling their pets (in three ways, timers, gil, and inventory requirements) not be allowed the same ability?

This does not even address the annoying and purposeless depopping of pets during any "battlefield" style content.
    (0)

Character
    Gravionblack
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Get a job you bum. You're a BST so I assume you know that you can farm as well as any job if not better due to pet TH. Learn to farm and make all your own pets and food. Work more, cry less.

It would seem that someone is not keeping up with the updates, called pest only have TH1 as of 2/13/12 update. So the "you know that you can farm as well as any job if not better due to pet TH." Does not really come into play now.
    (1)

Character
    Coerci
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As and old school Beastmaster I would like to see Jug pets Zone. More importantly I want to see us return to the
    full Beastmaster Job. Bring Charm back into the Game. Put some charmable mobs in all of the high level areas.
    (2)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm all for making Charm a meaningful skill again for BST. But I dont see how that would be given events such as WoE, VW and Legion all does not contain any charmable mobs at all. The next closest thing are that there are charmable mobs around the GoV area if that's what you're looking for.

Anyone who doesnt' understands why BST's pet (from jug) should be allowed to zone with us are just an idiot who doesn't play BST or understands the frustration.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ð

What comes to changing area with them pets, this is almost a year old post but I guess it's still valid:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We asked the development team about the possibility of changing areas without pets de-spawning. Unfortunately, they mentioned that they do not currently have any plans for this, mainly due to the fact that at a system level it is not possible (wyverns, however, are a special case). Also, since the Beastmaster’s “Call Beast” ability consumes an item on use, it is favorable for game balance to keep it this way.
    From the thread: In the Name of all that's [Holy], Let us Zone with Pets!

Who knows, minds do change during years passing by, even when it comes to something such as Dynamis!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post

I don't agree with pets following you from zone to zone. However, I would suggest that if you zone while your pet is active, the timer for Call Beast should be reset. That's about the only adjustment I can see being made. If you called a pet right before you zoned, you need to l2p. If you disconnect frequently enough that you feel SE should redesign game mechanics, you should realize that SE isn't responsible for your internet connection; that would be the job of your ISP.
    Nonsense post is nonsense.
    (3)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    NO NO NO NO NO, if you have to do ANYTHING like increase the recast timers on Call Beast you make BST completely worthless in a timed event, I can't tell you how fast pets die to special monster type NPCS and how irritating anything over a 5 minute recast would be, if you did that you'd need to regear the entire jug pet system and reward system to balance bst and in that case you'd make them nigh untouchable.
    I think its fine for you to pay for the jug pets, you don't hear rngs running around bitching every shot they make, about having to use up bolts every time they make a shot or cor crying about their bullets, which are expensive to make and use.
    It's part of the job, if you want cheap, only play in zones where you can charm and keep that crybaby bullshit i pay 50k for a stack of jugs at home. Level up your crafts or make friends with someone who'll craft them for you.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Raborn View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO, if you have to do ANYTHING like increase the recast timers on Call Beast you make BST completely worthless in a timed event, I can't tell you how fast pets die to special monster type NPCS and how irritating anything over a 5 minute recast would be, if you did that you'd need to regear the entire jug pet system and reward system to balance bst and in that case you'd make them nigh untouchable.
    I think its fine for you to pay for the jug pets, you don't hear rngs running around bitching every shot they make, about having to use up bolts every time they make a shot or cor crying about their bullets, which are expensive to make and use.
    It's part of the job, if you want cheap, only play in zones where you can charm and keep that crybaby bullshit i pay 50k for a stack of jugs at home. Level up your crafts or make friends with someone who'll craft them for you.
    LOL, I must have just imagined the 8 million "Just get rid of consumable ammo" threads out there....

BTW, my wife makes all of our pets and pet food, and she even makes quite a bit of gil off the dyna spammers, yet this mechanic is still annoying and should be fixed, for many reason that have nothing to do with gil.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast