Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natenn View Post
    They really should have a pure pvp srever D= im not server hopping just for that, be nice if they had a pvp specific server that held matches in any zone you want.
    or an arena on each server, this arena could be opened 4 times each day for 3 hours.
    Then you have to accumulate pvp-points and they can be exchanged for rare crafting mats , trial items,special r/e pvp gear.
    Also new trials could be added to augment the EG gear, the items for this trials are only purchaseable with PVP points.
    The advantage of this is that you have to do the PVE stuff to get the basic item (proof of being good at PVE) and the PVP stuff to augment it (PVP proof).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Anything that involves the word 'server' is too much work.
    (0)

Character
    Evviva
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hmmm...

Sometimes I wonder if we're ever going to get a clear response ;s
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Starting to look like I'll have to stick to XIV If I want to get my pvp and final fantasy fix at the same time (But even that is several months away =\ )
    (0)

Character
    Evviva
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Kudos to everyone that believed SE might finally give Ballista some love.. roughly 6 years after the Ballista Royale. I salute you~
    (0)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What are you guys even talking about? This game has excellent PVP. It's called parsing.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't mind them expanding PVP as long as they:

1. Never try to balance any aspect of the rest of the game around what happens in PVP
    2. Make sure that any gear rewards from PVP are only usable in PVP
    3. Require an opt-in to be eligible for duel invites, rather than an opt-out to avoid them
    4. Have duels end before K.O. status
    5. Have no dueling in towns even if that town is one where battles are possible such as Al Zhabi or WotG cities

Basically PVP should never disrupt the rest of the game in any way. It should never intrude on anyone who doesn't want to be involved with it.
    (4)

Character
    Evviva
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I don't mind them expanding PVP as long as they:

1. Never try to balance any aspect of the rest of the game around what happens in PVP
    2. Make sure that any gear rewards from PVP are only usable in PVP
    3. Require an opt-in to be eligible for duel invites, rather than an opt-out to avoid them
    4. Have duels end before K.O. status
    5. Have no dueling in towns even if that town is one where battles are possible such as Al Zhabi or WotG cities

Basically PVP should never disrupt the rest of the game in any way. It should never intrude on anyone who doesn't want to be involved with it.
    I couldn't agree more!
    Very wise post, cheers Camiie~
    (1)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    You don't have a clue on RDM for PvP. Have you ~ever~ fought a MNK or BLU before?

The gradual resistance is very slow. You'll get more then enough spells off to kill the target before resistance every becomes an issue. The whole point of those spells is to reduce the options available to the player and force them to spend their time on items and not combating you. You deliberately avoided addressing the real reason you use sleep, the stun effect. If the other player hasn't used a poison pot, that's just a bonus. You kill them with drain / aspir and DoT's over time, typically within 5 min but someone with a ton of items can last 10 min.

Poison II is 10hp/tick for 120 seconds, 40 ticks for 400 damage.

Sab doubles both the duration and DoT effect of Poison II. You get 20hp/tick at 240 seconds, 80 ticks for 1600 damage. Combined with drain spam it means your target eventually dies. This is for a one vs one contest where your just running them around. Which is ridiculously easy to do. In a team vs team fight, you would Sab Paralyze II onto the MNK, DNC, SAM or whomever on the other team relies on JA's the most.
    One you seem to forget there are ranged weapons capable of stunning, paralyzing, and sleeping you to keep you from running around as well as drain hp/mp while you do as well.

Second, while Saboteur paralyze I/II is potent, if timed right by a competent dancer it can still be removed rather easily and quickly. In addition with /DNC almost any job can weight you down with Desperate Flourish if your running around is becoming annoying not to mention the ability to self skill chain for max damage very easily if they are equiped with a "TP Bonus+100" and ws at 100tp not to mention have the Jinx Discus with a curse effect to reduce your max HP for a bit if it procs.

If I'm correct rdm doesnt exactly have a direct way to get rid of that without subbing /whm or using items and even then are they even able to access that spell as /whm anyway? Dont get me wrong RDM is my mainstay and has many options but the worse thing you can do is overestimate your ability and underestimate your opponents.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Most of the things you listed are short range effects. At short ranges RDM is vulnerable and should do whatever it can to maintain a distance from everyone else, especially BLUs. Ranged weapons are a joke in PvP, players are not monsters who just stand there looking at you, they move around and thus make ranged weapons nearly useless.

The whole idea was to manipulate your opponent and to force them to do the things you want them to do. Sab Para II is stupidly strong, DNC and /DNC have 1 shot are removing it and if failed have an annoying timer to wait on. Even if removed normal Para II is still strong and can be reapplied, and even still it forced the opponent to use their abilities to remove it in the first place. You slowly drain / aspir / ect.. your opponent down until they die while denying them any way to actually hurt you.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast