Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    First time ever trying this fight, PLD, BST, THF, DRK, MNK, SCH, with 5 tails.

PLD did not have any trials shield, most of us were only 92/93---I was on 92 MNK with Barracudas +2 (Store TP) and about 2/3 my usual load out (hasty job change). BST used Falcorr. Otherwise, don't recall anything really unusual. Everyone used dual wield setup or high TP gain weapon choice and best multi-hit WS.

NOTE THIS WAS OUR VERY FIRST ATTEMPT:

Buffed up, used a stack of sleep pots and opo to get PLD, BST, THF, DRK to 100% TP. PLD went in to grab hate, MNK boosted and Chi Blasted (Penance), we unloaded our TP and beat on him with standard fight mechanics to get him to almost 50%, popped tail. Ran around with him without target lock so we could score the occasional hit (note some of us still had regain from the SCH). DRK would stun and we would unload WS's on him. Just as tail is wearing, popped another tail....same thing, chase, thwack, stun, WS. When Chi blast was up, hit him again to nerf his TP gain again. Rinse/repeat. Think we used 3 tails total, forget if it was 2 or 3--my turn never came up.

WIN

Now... what was soooooo hard about that? We had a plan to work with the setup we had, and we followed it.

FIRST TRY, WIN WITH NO SPECIAL PARTY SETUP

Edit:
    Oh, and for the record....done this fight 3 more times on last minute notice with other mixed groups with the same BST and SCH from the first run while on my SMN and got the wins with NEVER USING PD. In fact, I didn't even HAVE it--we just went out and duoed Alex and Odin two weeks ago because I lost my last run because it was mage heavy and they got raped and I was left having to kite the bugger all over the arena with avatars until we timed out.
    (2)
    Last edited by RAIST; 01-27-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

You all realise that they aren't actually asking for opinions on if they should nerf it or not right? They are going to nerf it, they are asking which people think are the best ideas to nerf it but for it to remain some kind of challenge to the kind of players that can't get past it now.
    (2)

I quad boxed this fight with 2 other gimps and all my characters were basically naked, and we went 1/1, and 2 of mine were even lvl 91. You just have to not be bad.

But really, 5 naked monks and an alex smn = win. 6 naked blms with a few different spells and the enfeebling item = win. And with the ease of leveling in abyssea, if you have to lvl one of these jobs, it will only take you 2 days at the most, I don't see anything to complain about.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    does this fall under the: well i twried with 4 whm/brd and didnt win please nerf it category ???
    Seriously i would love to know the numbers on the part timers who are complaining they cant get this done. I find myself stalking the shouts on ah.com and i havent seen any LB shouts. Hardcore or full time players that still need this come on really i cant believe they exist ...
    We need a Jim Mora jpeg screaming LimitBreak really LimitBreak dont talk to me about LimitBreak!!
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One of the best news about update this week. Thank you Camate for informing us - a much needed update indeed - really appreciate it and it's nice to see when the developers listened to what the majority wants.
    (0)

Character
    Absolutezero
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Fight seemed pretty easy, they should leave it as is, and work on other things more in need of adjustments. But if changes need to be made maybe they can just up the drop rate on the items or allow people who have completed the fight to buy the enfeebling item from an npc. That way its not such a pain to try again should you fail, and others will be more willing to help.
    (2)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    at this point who cares?

the only people that haven't beaten it a two months(?) later are people too lazy to advance their mules
    (0)

Character
    Tiberius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95
    As based on my character level, it's obvious I haven't completed this fight yet. So these proposed adjustments are aimed at myself and others who are having difficulty with it. it will affect us the most, as opposed to players who have already completed the content, yet still feel compelled to weigh in on this idea...as if it affects their gameplay in the slightest.

My opinion is that all of the proposed items should be implemented to facilitate an easier time toward the level cap. We've already gotten to the point where people will have to shout for hours for this particular fight. And as the number of legitimate participants wanes, interest in helping others out for victory will too, leaving a barrier to those just meeting the requirements. Thus, adjustments over time to lower the difficulty are needed to keep the final limit break operational/accessible to those people.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    at this point who cares?

the only people that haven't beaten it a two months(?) later are people too lazy to advance their mules

Contrary to popular belief there are new and returning people showing up all the time.
    (3)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    It will affect us the most, as opposed to players who have already completed the content, yet still feel compelled to weigh in on this idea...as if it affects their gameplay in the slightest.
    I hate to be a pessimist on this one, but it does affect the gameplay of those who worked harder and got it done before. First off, it weakens the feeling of "hey, I managed to accomplish something." Just like for those of us who have completed the CoP storyline pre-nerf the achievement is cheapened by people who breezed through the uncapped fights. Maybe it's just me on this point, but honestly I find it frustrating to go through the hard work only to have the people complaining "I don't want to try and put together a reasonable strategy so nerf it." It just takes the skill aspect out of the challenge.

The second thing to me is that it's a different level of dedication. A person who just leeches his way or has the easy way up to the higher tiers is suddenly thrust into an environment where they may not have the level of skill to deal with it. When I see broken-Perle melee (and I don't mean broken with something better, I mean someone wasting their haste set bonus for something small fulltimed) at level 99, or 99 BLUs without all their proc spells, etc etc etc, it really frustrates me to no end. Especially with things like higher-level Voidwatch, where even with all the temp items you have it's a tricky fight, and one or two bad players just screws you up.

It's not that I'm against helping people get to the 99 cap, honestly. It's just that I honestly don't think those who can't think outside the box to get there shouldn't be there. Get your LS to help (and if they won't help better their members, there's a problem there anyway...), especially if shouting isn't working. Or do a combination of both. Try different strategies, different job combinations (see my post on the last page for examples) and most of all, don't just give up because it doesn't work once or twice.
    (4)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast