Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Sword has actually gotten a much larger boost than most 1 handed weaponry.

Excalibur actually has higher DPS than Mandau at 99.
    It should have a higher DPS than a dagger, all swords should. Daggers are weaker but less Delay with Swords being stronger but with more delay.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    Where is the love SE?!
    All the love they stored up for THF over the course of almost a decade was unleashed at once in the magnificence that is Bully. Don't expect any less than five years to go by before they do anything else that could please us, unless, of course, you'd be satisfied with five new TH items, all of them daggers, with lower base damage than any of the suggested ones here. Because SE knows as well as every other person who doesn't play THF that we're nothing but TH whores.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    (true strike) ; ;

I still have high hopes tho, Lv99 means it's time to tweak things around for everyone. No wonder the word of the hour is balance lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It should have a higher DPS than a dagger, all swords should. Daggers are weaker but less Delay with Swords being stronger but with more delay.
    Daggers are classically generally the king of DPS Weaponry since they're all but f**k-useless otherwise. Swords should not have a higher DPS. They should be slightly behind Dagger, Not far, But slightly behind.

Swords DPS should be close to Dagger, But slightly below. Daggers should not be Weaker and Less Damage over time than Swords. Swords should have Higher Base damage, But Slightly less DPS Than Daggers.

Daggers shouldn't have the Lowest Base Damage and Medium DPS, Generally the scale tips in the direction of

High Damage - Low DPS
    Low Damage - High DPS

it was like that at 75 at least, Not everything should be the same (I.E Ragnarok being highest DPS right now i think its a good idea, Only because of how this game works and GS generally frowned upon at level 75), But its like, An unwritten law D:!

Besides, This boost to Daggers wouldn't effect how a BLU or PLD DD's, It'd just make THF and DNC a slight SLIGHT bit more competitive. Enough to make a difference? Maybe not, But enough to make us happy? yes.
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-28-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    You're confusing DPS with Base Damage.
    DPS = Damage Per Second.
    You can have 2 weapons: 1 weak and low delay, 1 strong with high delay with identical DPS. This is the area that relics should be at 99, but Mandau ALWAYS worked out as the highest DPS in the game. Now at 99 Twashtar equals it, and other weapons are surpassing it. It's just not right.
    (2)

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    whats sad is way way back SE had to bump dagger base damage once before

totally behind this thou

while we at it how about a bump in marksmanship! B+ maybe? oh oh and some new status bolts to reflect lvl 99
    higher lvl acid and bloody bolts! and something to finally trump ziska would be nice(not to mention new bolts would mean something new for crafters to make)
    opps sorry didnt mean to derail
    (1)

Character
    Longshot
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind a bump in marksmanship AND a decent ranged weapon to use. They already put THF on a bunch of gear with MAB for QD and such and then gave us Last Stand. Sadly I think level 75 Culverin and Cannon shells are the best weapons still available to THFs. Let's fix this.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I wouldn't mind a bump in marksmanship AND a decent ranged weapon to use. They already put THF on a bunch of gear with MAB for QD and such and then gave us Last Stand. Sadly I think level 75 Culverin and Cannon shells are the best weapons still available to THFs. Let's fix this.
    A Better Xbow than Darkwing +1 please
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 03-01-2012 at 08:12 AM.

I'm not shamelessly bumping this thread, I just remembered that i still want this.
    (5)

Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think it was all rather planned. At 75 no job that could equip mandau (or any goood daggers) had any DW and at most could get DW2 from /nin. Now thf has native DW3, any job can get DW3 from /nin. Rdm has temper. Brd....lolbrd. I think the dagger damage in general was edged down relative to other options because dagger users (thf and dnc) have stupid amounts of atk speed compared to at 75. Rdm still has temper to work with, and no one cares about brd.

Not that I wouldnt 'mind' a boost, but I really dont feel its neccessary at all. 2handers are already about to get a HUGE nerf bat when they nerf save TP. I wont be on drg getting 40-60TP returns after a WS anymore in VW having a darn 2-3hit build with a multi atk weapon. The rediculous amount of WS frequency for 2handers is going to get a MASSIVE drop. When that happens melee DOT from just hitting mobs means a lot more and that is where thf/nin/dnc completely manhandle 2handers.
    (1)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast