Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[dev1065] Petition for removal of item requirement for R/M/E upgrades

I know that there will probably be several threads related to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapon trials, but I wanted to address a specific part of this problem.

Basically I'd like to get an idea of what players want in terms of the completion method of this trial and since I can't make a poll or an actual petition to accept signatures, a simple 'like' would probably send the message to SE.

Currently, the trials are setup to require a set number of items for the completion of each of these trials. This petition is a request to SE to remove the item requirement and move simply to a kills requirement.

My reasoning for this change is simple:

It makes more sense to reward all participating players than to just reward one at a time.

Many of the magian trials have brought the community together to complete common goals that could be done simultaneously. I think SE and the XI community could benefit from keeping this tradition going and bringing together the adventurers of Vana'diel for the greater good rather than individual goals.

If you agree, please like this post and send the message to SE and the devs that this could be done in a better way. If you disagree, please take the time to explain why.
    (42)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    To give the english community an idea:
    I believe they said its
    20 adl items for relics
    10 prime warden items for mythics

I am 100% behind the idea of saying you need 30 ADL kills/15 PW kills
    No items, that is just not fun to spend 30 days for 1 persons upgrade
    (7)

Character
    Yokyumosheemo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As must as i really dont care bout the trials. I think in general having people having to go after ADL and PW in gernal are the wrong ways to do it.

Maybe have the items come from Legion.... or Nyzul 2.0 ... or whatever else you may have up your sleeve. Forcing people to go after NM's like this is what chace people away from the game. Most relic and Mythic owners already went thru hell trying to get their weapon, why put them thru hell again. If you want leave PW and ADL on the list but add other options for obtaining the items. Cause truth be told aslong as empy weapons stay on voidwatch, they have alot more ways of getting items, cause there are multiple NMs, and oh yea, people will get them and sell them casue they dont want them. So yea, if you are going to make us chase NM's that are already a pain in the ass. There needs to be other ways to obtain such items.

Just toss out other options where people will actually want too do it.

But then having Stage 1 and STage 2 items the same and having them as rare and such a pain to get.. thats not a great idea either.
    (4)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Really SE, the more your development team opens their mouth, the more they sound like the US government. Complete morons. This is completely and utter disrespectful to your player base. We have tried to level with you, but of course your team is lost. We propose simple easy changes and you are doing exactly what you did during beta in 14. NOTHING and implementing your own ideas. Your changes should be one of the following.

1 item needed
    10000 Kills of any mob.
    10 ADL Team Kills.

Tell your development team to stop working on changes to the game that are worthless and dead. If not I will be taking my 60 dollars a month to another game, and I am sure I am not the only one. Remember the customer is always right. We are trying to make your company better but when you continue to ignore your own supporters, it is really not a good business practice.
    (5)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    "Stage 1
    Possible upgrades will include damage, delay, and weapon skill damage along with other attributes.
    The planned difficulty level for the corresponding Magian upgrade trials will be such that a majority of players with the appropriate level 95 equipment will likely be able to complete them.
    *This content is not yet available on the test server."
    Majority you say in there. Majority = 85% or higher, not .0000000000000001% that stage 2 will get. Follow your own words SE. Change it, or lose your player base.
    (3)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    1 item or no item requirement please. (10-20 kills works for me)
    (3)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    Supported~

Mostly in regards to relic (though I would like to see Arch Dynamis completely removed from the trial for a number of reasons) but I can see where mythic could have issues too.

As for empy... in that specific case I think items are okay (I would say maybe a reduction in items needed since by comparison its easiest one to farm quickly) but honestly at this stage theres been a lot of work on these weapons already, and the stage 2 fills the 'effort' requirement well enough. I think people could use a bit of a break on the stage 1.
    (2)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A kill trial doesn't work for ADL if you think about it. Too many relics would be left out in the cold because they are no good for zergs. If SE wants to implement a new mechanism for getting credit for kills without the weapon equipped then fine but I assure you they have no interest in doing that. Once you get past that obstacle you have to consider how utterly screwed people who don't finish in the first wave will be. I would suggest that the OP be edited to a petition simply to drastically change the trials. Specifically making it a petition for a kill trial will keep people like myself from clicking that like button. We could post all the different ideas in the thread.

It's important that these trials be accessible. The items need to come from content that people actually do so that they exist on the market at reasonable prices (20mil is not reasonable) or they need to be obtainable low man.

Here's my suggestion for all 3 -

Empyreans - Fine as is. There is no limiting factor to how many of these items end up on the market other than mob difficulty which is being dialed back via the AoE damage nerf.

Mythics - Somewhat reasonable with the zeni adjustment but not quite ready for prime time. I believe all the worthless crafting mats from PW should be removed and replaced with the upgrade item and the T4s should have a 50% chance of dropping the item also. The amount required should be 5. This allows someone who would rather not join a large linkshell or risk losing to PW with a shout group to simply low man the T4s multiple times. There would be no limiting factor to someone wanting to complete this trial.

Relics - The most horribly thought out trial. A true failure of design and critical thinking. The number of relics in circulation outnumbers 95 emps and mythics at least 10 to 1 so the supply should be much more accessible. ADL is limited by multiple factors the most glaring of which is the 2hours once per day dynamis limit. To "fix" this trial without starting over from scratch we need the items added to multiple NMs. My suggestion would be to keep the requirement at 20 but make ADL and Arch Diabolos drop a pouch of 5-15 items at a 100% rate. Other Arch bosses could drop 2-5 singles based on TH. DL, Diabolos and normal CoP bosses can drop 1 at 100% and all other dynamis NMs could drop 1 at a rate of 25%.

Edit: I would like to note that I havn't logged on since the announcement of the stage 1 trials and I won't be loading crysta until these trials are addressed.
    (4)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 01-31-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Just another example of the Dev team "phoning one in."

Absolutely lazy

No sense of Customer Service

Thanks for convincing me to cancel my payments!
    (2)

Character
    Arkanethered
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Follow the old dynamis NM path you were following... Put marrows on NQ Dynamis Lord.

Anyone that purchased a marrow up until now knew they were taking a risk.
    (5)
    Drk - 99
    Apoc - 95
    Calad - 85
    Bonecraft - 100
    Synergy - 80

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast