Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New 99 trials

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It shouldn't be kills either. These trials shouldn't involve ADL or PW at all. Think about 6 months from now when people are finishing new relics and everyone else in their LS is done. Those people are largely fucked.
    (8)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    I'm fine with this. With the small number needed I imagine people will farm ADL and sell for around 10 million gil each. Each ADL kill would be guaranteed 10-20 million gil.

10x20=200 million gil. This is attainable for most players that already have a relic.
    Please stop crapping thoughts out of your head. LSs able to kill ADL will have relics to upgrade. 9 of 10 umbra that drop will go directly to the delivery crate. The ones that don't will be sold for 20-30 mil.
    (11)
    Last edited by Insaniac; 01-27-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikamatsu View Post
    [...] This is why it needs to be changed to kills rather than items. Because realistically its going to take an average person 8 months to finish this one trial.
    I consider myself an average person, and I can tell you right now I won't ever be able to get in and kill ADL 20 times for my item. I'm not in HNMLS and doubt would join one again to slave out DKP points for 2+ years for my turn at upgrade. Of people I'm acquainted with, that are competent relic holder you could maybe make a 12-man alliance, but they are all in different LSs etc. The rest is either blisted for NM dramas or I've never spoken to. There are maybe 5-6 NA+JP LSs on my server that could consistently fill in 18-man alliance to farm ADL on daily basis, but they are the Dragon's Aery elite. They will cater only to themselves and looking at this trial conditions, no one should be surprised. One VW run I was in, a leader of such group was openly talking that they hate inviting outsiders for Botulus/Ig-alima to hand out free clears to noobs. Also, he was telling all outsiders, they would be kicked from party if not playing properly.
    LS capable of killing ADL/PW will never bazaar out items. Low-manning this trial is impossible, getting pop set and making PUG group is impossible (no one will join for free and even if they do join for some reason, good luck coordinating everything perfectly for the zerg with inexperienced people.)

Empyrean trial is by far the easiest and actually achievable, people do Ig-Alima/Botulus every day and you can repeat this fight to your heart's content and people will gladly join because everyone has a shot at treasure pool from box.
    If zeni plates are changed to 1000 points per plate, I can see PW trial getting achievable too before your grandchildren grow up, albeit you can't low-man/PUG this fight either because there are no rewards for participation to 17 other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...] this is considered to be the weapon’s complete form and is also the one the developers expect most players can achieve. They don’t want to dangle a carrot in front of everyone saying, “you can make these weapons even more powerful!” and then make it so only small fraction of players achieve this.
    Yeah, right... if I quit my job, family and friends, maybe.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

The Relic/Mythic 99 trails are a huge slap in the face to the remaining FFXI players with these weapons. Relics especially.

Here is the problem most people do not have a big linkshell but rather a small group of friends that still play FFXI.

You can pug people easy for stuff like VW and the Empyrean weapons since everyone is getting something out of it and people are use to joining pick up groups for VW. Also you can just buy the Empyrean items because a random person who not upgrading them will want to sell them. I seen a lot of these selling for 300k.

Nobody is going to farm ADL because the alliance all agreed they want gil from selling his drop.

But there is no way you can pug a bunch of people to kill ADL, you won't getting people willing to waste their dynamis lockout helping you, when they could be making 1.5m solo getting currency.

These trails are no way attainable by most people except the Empyrean one, just based on how the game works now which has been much smaller groups.

It would be a lot more reasonable if the Relic/Mythic trails were changed from drops to kills. That way I can shout for people with relics team up with them all get our trails done. Its a logistical nightmare in FFXI now to kill a NM 20 time for 1 person that requires almost a full alliance and 20 days of work. Then doing it all over again for whoever else in the alliance needs the drops.

This may just be the straw that broke the camels back, if this goes live I probably won't be playing this game any longer.

To SE you really need to start listening to your player base instead of flat out ignoring them.
    (16)

Character
    Dew
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't think people understand that items or kills, nether relic or mythic stage 1 should be Arch DL or PW. Those should stay as stage 2 only. Stage 1 in relics case should be DL. In Mythics case something aside from PW. Most people won't even be able to kill Arch DL 20 times per weapon/shield/horn. Changing it from items to kills still doesn't change the fact that most won't get this trial done if it is still Arch DL. So don't kid yourselves if you think 20 Arch DL kills is obtainable by most.
    (5)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    I don't think people understand that items or kills, nether relic or mythic stage 1 should be Arch DL or PW. Those should stay as stage 2 only. Stage 1 in relics case should be DL. In Mythics case something aside from PW. Most people won't even be able to kill Arch DL 20 times per weapon/shield/horn. Changing it from items to kills still doesn't change the fact that most won't get this trial done if it is still Arch DL. So don't kid yourselves if you think 20 Arch DL kills is obtainable by most.
    The fucking trial should just be lowmanable period.
    I would rather go through 10000 metatron killshots to normal mobs solo again (pre nerf trials) then molest my shellmembers with these fucking trials.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    It still would be a lot easier if it was kills. I already know a lot of people with relics that would want to do this. Some of them can dual box alts so they got the smns covered. I can shout for people to fill out the rest of the slots. So many people have relics that it would be fairly easy to fill out the rest of the slots in the alliance.

Doing this isn't even a option with it being drops, because nobody would want to join or even attempt to do it.
    (4)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    It still would be a lot easier if it was kills. I already know a lot of people with relics that would want to do this. Some of them can dual box alts so they got the smns covered. I can shout for people to fill out the rest of the slots. So many people have relics that it would be fairly easy to fill out the rest of the slots in the alliance.

Doing this isn't even a option with it being drops, because nobody would want to join or even attempt to do it.
    That would work for the first 2-3 months maybe and then what? new relic upgraders that need those again can do what? Look at a wall and dance happily?

Lets be realistic even ADL or PW Kills is very far from the optimum...

normal Dynamis Lord kills would be far reasonable and more lowmanfriendly.
    (4)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    tera na release around may 1st ~~ couldnt of been much better timing with the way this has been heading in a while now....

ffxi loved ya for years but the times coming soon
    (5)

Character
    Lockhe
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    tera na release around may 1st ~~ couldnt of been much better timing with the way this has been heading in a while now....

ffxi loved ya for years but the times coming soon
    Hope to not disappoint you, but NCSoft has asked for a permanent and temporary injunction on TERA. Since Bluehole the korean developers were found guilty to have stolen codes in Korea. Seems the people that made that game are ex-employees that were working on Lineage 3 and when NCSoft shelved the project they stole artwork, codes, hardware to make this game. Some of the devs in Korea received jail time.
    (1)

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast