Thread: New 99 trials

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    Hope to not disappoint you, but NCSoft has asked for a permanent and temporary injunction on TERA. Since Bluehole the korean developers were found guilty to have stolen codes in Korea. Seems the people that made that game are ex-employees that were working on Lineage 3 and when NCSoft shelved the project they stole artwork, codes, hardware to make this game. Some of the devs in Korea received jail time.

Waiting for a game that never comes out would be more fun than trying to complete these trials.
    (8)

Character
    Maacha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 95
    Since I'm actually living in Korea right now, I have access to K-TERA ^^; My FFXI accounts are going to be deactivated any time now (whenever SE decides to try taking the non-existant Crysta out of my account), so I mught just pick up TERA again. I think my character was level 40 something in TERA, but I stopped playing it a while back when I was spending more time in FFXI.
    (2)

Hope to not disappoint you, but NCSoft has asked for a permanent and temporary injunction on TERA. Since Bluehole the korean developers were found guilty to have stolen codes in Korea. Seems the people that made that game are ex-employees that were working on Lineage 3 and when NCSoft shelved the project they stole artwork, codes, hardware to make this game. Some of the devs in Korea received jail time.
    Damn it, I was waiting for this game.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Seriously, does noone even THINK about WHY SE chose to do it like this?

Headcount system would require people to equip said relics, which means some jobs can upgrade MULTIPLE relics at the same time, while others cannot upgrade any at all because they are for jobs not desired at ADL kills. And once people finished their relics, those that haven't finished it are still square out of luck.

Item drop system allows people to come as any job needed to kill these NMS, and SE can simply tweak droprate by adding multiple drops into the mix by using procs, TH, etc.

So heavens forbid you have to spend 18 months on a final relic weapon.

If you are worried about people no longer coming to kill ADL, stage 2 should be changed to 1000 kills. That would give relic 99_1 people incentive to help others get 99_1 while they get to work on 99_2, without them leeching items off the 99_1 trial people.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Shout in Jeuno right now: " <Riftdross>800k<Riftcinder>1m<Sell?><Port Jeuno>gs"

Awesome, just awesome.

As for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    So heavens forbid you have to spend 18 months on a final relic weapon.
    Are you really ok with that? I mean, really? Do you really think that is reasonable for FFXI in 2012? Do you really think that is reasonable for one trial stage?
    (5)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 01-28-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Shout in Jeuno right now: " <Riftdross>800k<Riftcinder>1m<Sell?><Port Jeuno>gs"

Awesome, just awesome.

As for this:

Are you really ok with that? I mean, really? Do you really think that is reasonable for FFXI in 2012? Do you really think that is reasonable for one trial stage?
    People are running around like headless chickens without looking at the possibilities.
    I'm ok with it, because it's still 1 relic a month if you pool the drops. But that probably isn't even gonna be needed.

Call me an optimist, but if each ADL drops 1 Umbral Marrow, that could means a minimum of 2 marrows each fight. The more he splits, the more marrows drop. Splitting wouldn't be the problem.. it would be the solution! Granted, you might lose out on a chance for a Sagasinger if you time out, but you still end up with several UMs.

It would also explain how SE expects even a single stage 2 weapon to be completed, as an entire server working together cannot complete that trial in any reasonable timeframe unless there's a way to increase drops to much more then 1 a fight.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Call me an optimist, but if each ADL drops 1 Umbral Marrow, that could means a minimum of 2 marrows each fight. The more he splits, the more marrows drop. Splitting wouldn't be the problem.. it would be the solution! Granted, you might lose out on a chance for a Sagasinger if you time out, but you still end up with several UMs.
    The clones dont drop items...killing clones prolong the fight, a fight that realistically can only be won while your melee are under the effect of Perfect Defense, so you've only got 90 seconds.

Would you skip your dynamis farming time to instead go farm and pop ADL every single day?
    (8)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    We have 11 relics in my ls (I think, unless I forgot somebody). The idea of killing 220 Arch Dynamis Lords makes me want to slam my head against the nearest brick wall. I love my ls, but no, just no. No way.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Would you skip your dynamis farming time to instead go farm and pop ADL every single day?
    I'm sure she is planning something fair. like paying each person 2 mil a run for their time and effort.
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The dumbest idea that is coming out of the "it's not that bad camp" is that people not working on a relic would be willing to do ADL every day for a month. Let alone a year.
    (8)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast